Something to talk about?

Stinger226

I not only think we need to draft one or two offensive lineman but also we need to think about grabbing one that is a leader to take Olins place a coulpe of years from now. There is no one on the line right now that shows leadership quaities to take Olins place. I think Robinson/OG/ Olk fills that bill. Also as a later round pick OT/ Boone/ OSU is was the leader of there line and 4 year starter. Projects to be a RT as a 3d or 4th round pick. He could fill both roles as a draft pick.

It's hard to know who is a leader until they are a leader. We simply are not in the locker room, and film room, etc. I will say that I think Williams might be that guy for us. First his play on the field needs to be competent but assuming he does that I think he has already shown some good things coming back last year and doing whatever he could to get some snaps. According to reports he has worked hard this offseason too.

Great post, and hopefully I have a great answer.

profile from draftcountdown.com

Eben Britton RT Arizona

Ideal size with a large frame and room to add more weight. Excellent tech who understands angles and positioning. Tough, physical, and plays to the whistle. Good strength and power. Gets a nice push in the run game. Has a terrific intial punch. Is stout at the point of attack. Neutralizes defenders when locked on. Outstanding football IQ and awareness. Hardworker, Leader, Durable, and lots of experience.

As much as I'm excited to see Andre Smith or Michael Oher drop to us, I think this kid can be a great football player for years. Like Williams was projected as only a true LT, I think Britton is projected as only a true RT. I'm all for taking OT in the first and for all I care we can trade the rest of our picks to move up to guarantee a WR like Nicks, Britt, Robiskie.

Eben Britton RT Arizona

Ideal size with a large frame and room to add more weight. Excellent tech who understands angles and positioning. Tough, physical, and plays to the whistle. Good strength and power. Gets a nice push in the run game. Has a terrific intial punch. Is stout at the point of attack. Neutralizes defenders when locked on. Outstanding football IQ and awareness. Hardworker, Leader, Durable, and lots of experience.

As much as I'm excited to see Andre Smith or Michael Oher drop to us, I think this kid can be a great football player for years. Like Williams was projected as only a true LT, I think Britton is projected as only a true RT. I'm all for taking OT in the first and for all I care we can trade the rest of our picks to move up to guarantee a WR like Nicks, Britt, Robiskie.

I like your thinking and this is the year that we should be drafting quality of quanitity. Best Player / position avaiable is what good teams draft and will stay disciplined by not reaching for need. Last year when we had 3 7th rounders and still missed on takling a FB Peyton Hillis that could have helped immediatley for a WR/LB/ OT whom only 1 made the team on ST. Hopefully the Broncos will dump him as well!

I would applaud JA if he was able to get one of the top 6 OT and also move up in draft to get 2 of the following 3 WR's Hicks / Robiskie / Britt! This makes sense beacuase these are 2 of the deepest positions in this years draft OL & WR so we should focus on fixing our problem areas from the draft's stronger talent stronghold!! We need to draft 2 WR's this year to help infuse this positiion with talent

Agreed on Britton. IMHO, he is a higher rated prospect than given credit for, but as pure RTs are not valued as high, his value is lower than it should be.

I have no problem w/ the idea of moving up for Nicks or even Robiskie, but I am not a fan of Hicks. Too many drops and a reported lack of concentration worries me. We have had enough issues w/ WRs who struggle to catch the ball to draft one who enters the NFL w/ such questions.

Eben Britton RT Arizona

Agreed on Britton. IMHO, he is a higher rated prospect than given credit for, but as pure RTs are not valued as high, his value is lower than it should be.

I have no problem w/ the idea of moving up for Nicks or even Robiskie, but I am not a fan of Hicks. Too many drops and a reported lack of concentration worries me. We have had enough issues w/ WRs who struggle to catch the ball to draft one who enters the NFL w/ such questions.

If you have actually watched Hakeem Nicks play in a game like I have ,you wouldn't be talking about him having too many drops.This kid may not have blazing speed but his hands are outstanding.He is one of the guys that believes that the ball is his when its in the air. I think this guy could be similar to Donald Driver at Green Bay.I am a big fan of Nicks and believe he is the number3 WR in the draft behind Crabtree and Macklin.

If you have actually watched Hakeem Nicks play in a game like I have ,you wouldn't be talking about him having too many drops.This kid may not have blazing speed but his hands are outstanding.He is one of the guys that believes that the ball is his when its in the air. I think this guy could be similar to Donald Driver at Green Bay.I am a big fan of Nicks and believe he is the number3 WR in the draft behind Crabtree and Macklin.

I think your right on as the third drafted, the only thing Harvin might sneek in there with a great workout.

My bad, I meant Britt. I am totally high on Nicks, and after Crabtree, he is my favorite WR in the draft. Total brainfart on my part.