St Clair tidbits

ASHKUM BEAR

Today on ESPN1000, Silvy/Waddle were explaining part of the St. Clair situation. They said the Bears offered the 3 yr 4.5 million deal. St. Clair said he was looking for a deal close to 3yr 15 million. The Bears did not budge and said to hit the market to find your value. At Cleveland, they offered him a 3yr 9 million deal which nearly fell apart after the numbers were figured out. I'm thinking St. Clair was trying to get the Bears back involved but Cleveland said take it or leave it.

I find that amusing, but can't hate a guy for trying. I'm also relieved Angelo didn't fold b/c I truly want to see the Bears dedicate the next year or two to totaly rebuild the line with youth and have good young backups pushing for starting time. Resigning St. Clair anything over the 3yr 4.5 million would have taken away a roster spot and cap that could be used on better talent.

Today on ESPN1000, Silvy/Waddle were explaining part of the St. Clair situation. They said the Bears offered the 3 yr 4.5 million deal. St. Clair said he was looking for a deal close to 3yr 15 million. The Bears did not budge and said to hit the market to find your value. At Cleveland, they offered him a 3yr 9 million deal which nearly fell apart after the numbers were figured out. I'm thinking St. Clair was trying to get the Bears back involved but Cleveland said take it or leave it.

I find that amusing, but can't hate a guy for trying. I'm also relieved Angelo didn't fold b/c I truly want to see the Bears dedicate the next year or two to totaly rebuild the line with youth and have good young backups pushing for starting time. Resigning St. Clair anything over the 3yr 4.5 million would have taken away a roster spot and cap that could be used on better talent.

Good info. I'll add that Mulley & Hanley on the SCORE discussed how St. Clair basically signed 3 one year deals. Cleveland only guaranteed him $600,000, and if they decide to cut him in training camp, he's screwed. The Bears were offering 1.5 guaranteed.

Up until the point we sign another veteran, I'm wishing we'd have brought him back. Even if we draft a RT #1, that's an uncertainty, and Chris Williams is even a bigger uncertainty.