Wonderlic Scores

AZ54

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,7151782.story

=====================

Offensive tackles: None of the tackles were too far off the acceptable mark. Andre Smith of Alabama scored 17, which is borderline. Faring much better was Arizona's Eben Britton with 31. Others: Eugene Monroe of Virginia had 24, Jason Smith of Baylor 23 and Michael Oher of Mississippi 19.

Wide receivers: NFL teams would like for receivers' test scores to be about 18, but several of the top prospects fell below that mark. Michael Crabtree of Texas Tech scored 15, Darrius Heyward-Bey of Maryland scored 14, Percy Harvin of Florida scored 12 and Hakeem Nicks of North Carolina scored 11. The test result is particularly interesting in the case of Harvin, who will have more learning to do than the others based on the offense he played in at Florida and the fact he could be used in multiple roles. Jeremy Maclin of Missouri was outstanding by comparison with a 25 test score.

=====================

DHB's score concerns me if we were thinking about taking him at #18. Below him is Hakeem Nicks is way down in DT territory with an 11! We just spent a season watching Bennett struggle to learn our playbook and quite honestly Hester has struggled to do the same.

Some background:

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/closer/020228.html

Charlie Wonderlic Jr., president of Wonderlic Inc., says, "A score of 10 is literacy, that's about all we can say." If that's the case, more than a few pros are being delivered the Books-on-Tape version of the playbook.

Each year, about 2.5 million job applicants, in every line of work, take the Wonderlic. The average NFL combiner scores about the same as the average applicant for any other job, a 21. A 20 indicates the test-taker has an IQ of 100, which is average.

And if you want to take the test go here: (it's an old link)

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/closer/020228test.html

Ok, I took the test, but once you know how many correct answers you get how do you translate that into a score? I am assuming this test was much shorter than the standard test and normally you get one point for every question correct? If that is the case, I wasted my time taking the test since there was only 15 questions, LOL.

You only got 5min to take that mini test. Score is simply the number of answers you got right in 5min.

For those who ran through the sample questions keep in mind we did that cold. The players have agents who are giving them prep sessions with sample questions so it's safe to assume they are as prepared as they can be to take the test. If they sat around for a couple months and didn't prepare that's just as a bad an indictment on their work ethic ala Andre Smith.

Ok, I took the test, but once you know how many correct answers you get how do you translate that into a score? I am assuming this test was much shorter than the standard test and normally you get one point for every question correct? If that is the case, I wasted my time taking the test since there was only 15 questions, LOL.

Well, you could multiply your score by 3.33 and that is could give you a rough idea. However, its not likely all of us would get over 40 so we know there are harder questions as the test goes on.

Craig Krenzel got a 28 and Dan Marino got a 15.

That is all I have to say.

Two examples are not nearly enough to form a logical opinion. That's just stupid. Especially when you consider that Krenzel threw like a girl with a broken wrist (or Johnny Damon - take your pick), and Marino had a hand cannon.

There is a reason they give the test. There is a reason why businesses give the test. For the most part it's a basic measurement of intelligence and the ability to think creatively. Most people need a decent head on their shoulders in order for their talent to even have a chance in the NFL. Others, like Marino, are blessed with so much talent that they don't need a lot of smarts to see a tire thirty yards away to throw a football through, similar to Devin Hester and a hole in the field. Give Marino too much to think about, he still throws it through the tire. Give Devin too much to think about, and he overanalyzes the situtation and screws himself up.

You may not like the test, but it has incredible statistical validity.

My friends and I have always debated the wonderlic. I was wondering if anyone knows how to get a copy of this for the average Joe to take??? I would love it.

I had to take it when I got hired for my current job...it really isn't all that bad, but you have a very limited time. I got a 42 out of 50, but I could only answer 43 of them before time ran out.