I don't know anymore ladies and gents...

Grouchy Bear

After a disappointing last season I see no reason to get hyped about this year so far. I expected just little more FA signings for more depth and at least 2 starters before draft day. I really believed that we would have signed a free safety with more experience, leadership and pro bowl caliber type. The same goes with an olinemen with the same qualities.

I guess we could still pick some Fa's after the draft to fill in where we need too. Maybe the grab a handfull of shit and throw it against the wall to see what sticks theory is going on here.

Nfo maybe had it right when he posted about Angelo short sheeting Lovie like he did Jauron. I normally don't agree with Nfo but I think he hit it on the head. Good read Nfo!

This does not let Lovie off the hook, he pretty much has been hand picking his coaches. Now with 2 seasons gone and no playoffs, no developed talent on either side of the lines and few more other positions. (but were close)

He now knows that his twig and berries are in a vise. So he hires another best friend, moves his other best friend back to where he should have stayed, hires another unknown secondary coach. and Lovie himself will be more active in play calling.

Maybe, this is why he didn't throw Turner out on his ear because he needs to win now. If he hired another OC it would require at least a couple of seasons to see good results.

If his defense does make a big improvement somewhere near the top five D's in the league and the offense is average that just might buy him sometime. Just maybe he then would consider changing OC's

Back to Angelo, he gave me some hope when he singled out the QB position as a starting point to improve, so I ASSUMED that we would have traded for a REAL QB or signed a FA who could challenge NORTON. Shame on me !

Yes, I am losing patients fast guys, I need intervention. Give me hope !

I work in a hostile environment with steeler, viking, packer, and colt fans and it's getting harder to defend my BELOVED Bears.

Have a nice day !

After a disappointing last season I see no reason to get hyped about this year so far. I expected just little more FA signings for more depth and at least 2 starters before draft day. I really believed that we would have signed a free safety with more experience, leadership and pro bowl caliber type. The same goes with an olinemen with the same qualities.

I guess we could still pick some Fa's after the draft to fill in where we need too. Maybe the grab a handfull of shit and throw it against the wall to see what sticks theory is going on here.

Nfo maybe had it right when he posted about Angelo short sheeting Lovie like he did Jauron. I normally don't agree with Nfo but I think he hit it on the head. Good read Nfo!

This does not let Lovie off the hook, he pretty much has been hand picking his coaches. Now with 2 seasons gone and no playoffs, no developed talent on either side of the lines and few more other positions. (but were close)

He now knows that his twig and berries are in a vise. So he hires another best friend, moves his other best friend back to where he should have stayed, hires another unknown secondary coach. and Lovie himself will be more active in play calling.

Maybe, this is why he didn't throw Turner out on his ear because he needs to win now. If he hired another OC it would require at least a couple of seasons to see good results.

If his defense does make a big improvement somewhere near the top five D's in the league and the offense is average that just might buy him sometime. Just maybe he then would consider changing OC's

Back to Angelo, he gave me some hope when he singled out the QB position as a starting point to improve, so I ASSUMED that we would have traded for a REAL QB or signed a FA who could challenge NORTON. Shame on me !

I work in a hostile environment with steeler, viking, packer, and colt fans and it's getting harder to defend my BELOVED Bears.

Have a nice day !

As much as we all are feeling at a lose, between now and training camp they still could a lot done. They must be thinking after the draft what we dont get, we will fill in with Fagents. It is just hard to feel good about the off season so far. Rueben Brown wasnt brought in right away and he turned out to be great for us. Just be positive and hope they are smarter than we think they are.

Have a nice day !

No offense man, but come on. What was your prediction last year? How many games did you think we would win? In 95% of predictions, we exceeded expectations.

And this offseason you thought we were going to pick up all these pro bowl linemen and safeties, so now you are sad. Did you mistake us for the Redskins?

Sorry, and I'm not just saying this to you, but how many threads do we need to say the same thing? If you are tired of defending the Bears then don't. They is plenty of room on the bandwagon in Pittsburgh.

I will support the Bears now matter what. I will look forward to Bullocks and Earl the return to good form. I will look forward to Bennett making tough catches. I will look forward to Chris Williams having Orton's back. I will look forward to Marinelli to light a fire under the DL asses. I will look forward to returning to a defense that creates turnovers and scores. I will look forward to Matt Forte carving up defenses. I will look forward to Hester and Olsen getting the ball from Orton and getting in the endzone. And I will look forward to seeing our new draft picks coming in and trying to help.

You should choose to do the same.

No offense man, but come on. What was your prediction last year? How many games did you think we would win? In 95% of predictions, we exceeded expectations.

You know, sometimes a team does better than expected, but so what. Are we simply supposed to assume this team is good, and thus needs little done? Seems like that what we did after 2001. Exactly how many expected 13 wins? So we follow that up by basically trying to maintain the status quo. How did that work out for us?

And this offseason you thought we were going to pick up all these pro bowl linemen and safeties, so now you are sad. Did you mistake us for the Redskins?

Just always kills me when someone has to jump to an extreme in an argument. You do not need to be Wash in order to add solid or even pro bowl OL.

Sorry, and I'm not just saying this to you, but how many threads do we need to say the same thing? If you are tired of defending the Bears then don't. They is plenty of room on the bandwagon in Pittsburgh.

This might just symbolize what pissed me off as much as anything else out there. So if we disagree w/ the way our team does something, we have no right to be a bear fan and should just find a new team. F'ing ticks me off. So you never disagree w/ the team. You never question the front office? You never question the staff. You never question the players. You never......I think you get the point. To me, this is as assanine as a person who questions his government being told he isn't American and should leave the country.

Guess what Az. It's not black and white. Plenty of gray and plenty of room to question your team w/o having to leave your team.

I will support the Bears now matter what. I will look forward to Bullocks and Earl the return to good form. I will look forward to Bennett making tough catches. I will look forward to Chris Williams having Orton's back. I will look forward to Marinelli to light a fire under the DL asses. I will look forward to returning to a defense that creates turnovers and scores. I will look forward to Matt Forte carving up defenses. I will look forward to Hester and Olsen getting the ball from Orton and getting in the endzone. And I will look forward to seeing our new draft picks coming in and trying to help.

I swear to G. I just want to say F off when I read crap like this. We are all bear fans. If we were not, we would not spend so much time on these board. Just because you are a yes man and I guess do not question anything the staff or team ever does, don't question the fanhood or loyalty of someone on this board just because he isn't in lock step w/ the staff.

Sorry if I am going over board here, but it just ticks me off when someone throws out the idea that to question the dealings of the team is enough to question that fans loyalty.

Stop pretending you never questioned this team. Oh yea. I guess you were 100% behind Cade McNown the entire time too.

Have a nice day !

Don't worry about the Bears...like I don't. Last year I picked them to go 12-4 we were 9-7 but we lost 3 games we should have won due to players & coaches errors so 12-4 is what we amount to last year in my eyes. Now the Colts don't have thier old coach Dungy so they will suck this year, the Steelers just won the Super Bowl so true to form in the NFL they won't be so great this year the Viking well need I say more about them, and the 6-10 Packers give me a break. Plus look at what those team have done in FA like us almost nothing.

I swear to G. I just want to say F off when I read crap like this. We are all bear fans. If we were not, we would not spend so much time on these board. Just because you are a yes man and I guess do not question anything the staff or team ever does, don't question the fanhood or loyalty of someone on this board just because he isn't in lock step w/ the staff.

Sorry if I am going over board here, but it just ticks me off when someone throws out the idea that to question the dealings of the team is enough to question that fans loyalty.

Stop pretending you never questioned this team. Oh yea. I guess you were 100% behind Cade McNown the entire time too.

No issues as long as you realize this goes both ways.

Peace :dabears

Just for the record, before last season I think I predicted 10 or 11 wins WITHOUT the rose colored glasses. I honestly felt that the team had the talent to win, and I still do. I just think they were incompetently coached, and I still do.

I've been posting for a LONG time, and I am pretty confident when I say I have never questioned a fans loyalty because he saw things different than I.

Some fans always go along w/ whatever the team does or says. Others disagree w/ everything no matter what. I question neither.

Understand, if I am talking to a GB fan, you can be sure I am touting Angelo as the best GM in the NFL. But when talking to other Bear fans, I feel I can be honest. Maybe for some, a bit too honest, but that doesn't mean I want to be a Redskins fan, just because they sign FAs. Hell, I have lived in Dallas for some time, as despite an owner who makes splashes, there is no question what team my house cheers for. How many 3 and 6 year olds do you know that know the lyrics to our fight song? Mine do, as we sign it every night before bed.

No issues as long as you realize this goes both ways.

Peace :dabears

I've been posting for a LONG time, and I am pretty confident when I say I have never questioned a fans loyalty because he saw things different than I.

Some fans always go along w/ whatever the team does or says. Others disagree w/ everything no matter what. I question neither.

Understand, if I am talking to a GB fan, you can be sure I am touting Angelo as the best GM in the NFL. But when talking to other Bear fans, I feel I can be honest. Maybe for some, a bit too honest, but that doesn't mean I want to be a Redskins fan, just because they sign FAs. Hell, I have lived in Dallas for some time, as despite an owner who makes splashes, there is no question what team my house cheers for. How many 3 and 6 year olds do you know that know the lyrics to our fight song? Mine do, as we sign it every night before bed.

Sorry dude. You dont like it, dont read it. Go ahead and get ticked off. I'll question whatever I choose.

And if you want to make sh*t up like I am a yes man and dont question things then dont respond to me anymore. Putting words into peoples mouth is the same old stuff from you. I choose to look at things in a positive way. And if the things I look forward to makes you say F off, then so be it.

And dont say you question neither, when you just did.

nfo, you and I have had our fair share of disagreements! And never, once did either of us even minutely question our loyalty!

Nor have I questioned anyone else's loyalty as well...and nor have I seen you do as well.

I completely agree...it's beyond silly.

Keep the kids occupied...and focussed on on who's wearin' the crown!

I got my feathers ruffled, as did Az, and I am just letting this one die. No point in going back and forth on this one. Send it to the junk pile and be done w/ it.

nfo, you and I have had our fair share of disagreements! And never, once did either of us even minutely question our loyalty!

Nor have I questioned anyone else's loyalty as well...and nor have I seen you do as well.

Well, thanks for the input Mad. It wouldn't be a Bearstalk thread if you did post somewhere in it.

As for this, the intent wasn't to question loyalty, that sentiment was just drama cooked up by nfo. The point was that this is just like every other thread that complains about: the Turner sucks, Lovie sucks, JA sucks, we didn't go sign all the pro bowlers out there, we are doomed, etc. If you notice, I did say that there was no offense intended towards Grouchy, as I have a ton of respect for him. Its actually disappointing that such an old school guy from the boards would come out of the gate saying he had nothing to look forward to this season. I tried to give examples of what I was looking forward to.

So if you guys want to make it the big drama of "questioning the loyalty" or whatever, then that is on you.

I do agree with nfo that I will let this die from here on out. My stance on this has been noted.

Always happy to oblige! :cheers (Although, I've been staying away from posting in most the speculatory draft threads as I just do no have enough knowedge to add to the discussion.)

I definitley get where you are coming from, and can understand how you probably are (for lack of a better term) "not thrilled" at a lot of the compliaints coming from fans. Negativity can be a downer and somewhat contageous. As can a positive attitude.

Regardless of how I feel, I appreciate all the banter that gets tossed around here. From both sides, from those I agree with and against.

I don't wish to add or perpetuate any of the drama either...but I will just simply stand up for any and all posters here when loyalty is unjustly questioned or is told to go root for another team as a kee jerk reaction to a disagreement.

Well, thanks for the input Mad. It wouldn't be a Bearstalk thread if you did post somewhere in it.

As for this, the intent wasn't to question loyalty, that sentiment was just drama cooked up by nfo. The point was that this is just like every other thread that complains about: the Turner sucks, Lovie sucks, JA sucks, we didn't go sign all the pro bowlers out there, we are doomed, etc. If you notice, I did say that there was no offense intended towards Grouchy, as I have a ton of respect for him. Its actually disappointing that such an old school guy from the boards would come out of the gate saying he had nothing to look forward to this season. I tried to give examples of what I was looking forward to.

So if you guys want to make it the big drama of "questioning the loyalty" or whatever, then that is on you.

I do agree with nfo that I will let this die from here on out. My stance on this has been noted.