50 1st Round Mock Drafts

Pixote

I did a draft compilation of 50 sites - bored - then got tired and quit. LOL

Here is the results if you are interested......

2009 Chicago Bears Draft Compilation - 1st Round - 50 Sites as of 3/22/09

You must have been really bored. So I see that more than half has us taken a WR and out of those 26, 11 of them have us taken DHB. Interesting to say the least.

I did a draft compilation of 50 sites - bored - then got tired and quit. LOL

Here is the results if you are interested......

2009 Chicago Bears Draft Compilation - 1st Round - 50 Sites as of 3/22/09

Thanks Pix! That's awesome to see what everyone is predicting. I do wonder how many of those sites had their mock drafts done prior to St. Clair signing with Cleveland. There was the assumption that we'd resign St. Clair & he'd be our starting RT. The possibility was still open we could take an offensive tackle, but not a necessity. As of right now, it seems like a foregone conclusion we'll take the best offensive-tackle available.

Great job Pix. Although, I must say that some of the picks are downright retarded. Anyone who has the Bears taking a CB, a DT, Josh Freeman, or Brian Robiskie in the first round should never be allowed to do a mock again.

Further, with the retirement of Tait, the uncertainty of Williams, and the general overall piss-poor performance of the rest of the OL, it's baffling to see such a heavy weight on WR and not on OL. Baffling. Especially when considering the fact that there are questions about all the WRs who will be available for the Bears at 18.

Great job Pix. Although, I must say that some of the picks are downright retarded. Anyone who has the Bears taking a CB, a DT, Josh Freeman, or Brian Robiskie in the first round should never be allowed to do a mock again.

While I agree in general, at the same time, a mock is about when we "might" do rather than what we should do. W/ Angelo as the GM, are you that confident none of those could be our 1st pick?

CB - While there is no question OL is a greater need, I am not sure we can say CB is not a need at all, and if a solid prospect is there and is the BPA, it would not shock me. Make me sick, yes, but shock me? No.

DT - While we put our hope and faith in Marinelli, the fact is still that our DL failed to rush the passer. Thus, if there is a player Angelo loves, I can see it.

Freeman - I have a harder time w/ this one. Could happen, sure. Little question QB is a need, and I would even argue this would be a good year to draft a QB. Again, I would hate it, but there is logic and I can understand the mock of it.

Robiskie - Frankly, I see nothing wrong w/ this mock pick. Not that I agree w/ it, but there is little question against WR being a top tier need, thus I think it is the particular Wr you are questioning. But his stock has really been on the rise, and it is possible he is the favorite WR in the minds of our staff.

I think it goes w/o saying I would hate all these picks, but I am not sure they are so out there you can question the sanity of the mock guys. They are not predicting what we should do, but guessing what Angelo will do.

Further, with the retirement of Tait, the uncertainty of Williams, and the general overall piss-poor performance of the rest of the OL, it's baffling to see such a heavy weight on WR and not on OL. Baffling. Especially when considering the fact that there are questions about all the WRs who will be available for the Bears at 18.

While there is no arguing what you say, at the same time, an equal argument can be made looking at our WR corp. I would bet that if you had a survey taken, we would rank in the bottom 3 in terms of WR corps. Likely would rank around the same at OL, but some might point to our getting a 1st round pick (Williams) back this year, as well as giving a nice contract to an OL in FA to justify our passing on OL. I would disagree, but I do understand why so many think we would draft WR.

While I agree in general, at the same time, a mock is about when we "might" do rather than what we should do. W/ Angelo as the GM, are you that confident none of those could be our 1st pick?

If you look at it that way, then no, I'm not confident. However, I think it would be idiotic

CB - While there is no question OL is a greater need, I am not sure we can say CB is not a need at all, and if a solid prospect is there and is the BPA, it would not shock me. Make me sick, yes, but shock me? No.

Same thoughts. Sickening, but I could see this staff doing it.

DT - While we put our hope and faith in Marinelli, the fact is still that our DL failed to rush the passer. Thus, if there is a player Angelo loves, I can see it.

This would be atrocious, idiotic..but I can see it from this group.

Freeman - I have a harder time w/ this one. Could happen, sure. Little question QB is a need, and I would even argue this would be a good year to draft a QB. Again, I would hate it, but there is logic and I can understand the mock of it.

Hell no. I can't agree here. No way this guy goes to the Bears at 18.

Robiskie - Frankly, I see nothing wrong w/ this mock pick. Not that I agree w/ it, but there is little question against WR being a top tier need, thus I think it is the particular Wr you are questioning. But his stock has really been on the rise, and it is possible he is the favorite WR in the minds of our staff.

Rise all he wants, he's not in the top 5 WRs. And if the Bears take arguably the 6th best WR in the draft at the 18 spot, it's a horrible pick.

I think it goes w/o saying I would hate all these picks, but I am not sure they are so out there you can question the sanity of the mock guys. They are not predicting what we should do, but guessing what Angelo will do.

While there is no arguing what you say, at the same time, an equal argument can be made looking at our WR corp. I would bet that if you had a survey taken, we would rank in the bottom 3 in terms of WR corps. Likely would rank around the same at OL, but some might point to our getting a 1st round pick (Williams) back this year, as well as giving a nice contract to an OL in FA to justify our passing on OL. I would disagree, but I do understand why so many think we would draft WR.

Agreed...and this is the debate that has raged on this website for a while. I have never seen great WRs emerge on a team with a shit OL, but I have seen a great OL, well, read the sig...I know you agree.

If you look at it that way, then no, I'm not confident. However, I think it would be idiotic

Yes it would be idiotic, but that isn't the point. You said these guys should never create another mock if they project us to take X, Y, Z, BUT w/ our staff, there is a legit chance it could happen, and thus the mock guys are doing their job. Now, our GM is another story.

Freeman - Hell no. I can't agree here. No way this guy goes to the Bears at 18.

Read today NYJ may be getting worried that Freeman may not even make it to them. His stock is on the rise, and he could be looking more and more like a value. I would say no freaking way, but if (a) the staff does like him and (B) his value does push high enough to be seen as solid at 18, and combine that would QB being an obvious need.... Well.....

Rise all he wants, he's not in the top 5 WRs. And if the Bears take arguably the 6th best WR in the draft at the 18 spot, it's a horrible pick.

Not a top 5 WR according to who? That is my point. Think a couple years ago. When looking at the "experts" ranking the positions, how many had Daniel Manning as a top 5 DB? I realize he wasn't taken at 18, but that isn't the point. The point is you have no idea where the "bears board" places Robiskie in terms of WRs. Most see Crabtree and Maclin as top 2. After that, I think it is much more grey.

Agreed...and this is the debate that has raged on this website for a while. I have never seen great WRs emerge on a team with a shit OL, but I have seen a great OL, well, read the sig...I know you agree.

No question we are on the same page. Heck, I think I was the first to talk serious about Britton, who now looks like a value at 18, but was considered a reach when I started talking. Point is, there is little question how much I feel OL is our top need. After Britton, I want Duke. After Duke, I would love to see us draft big boy Johnson and see if we can't get him into shape. How about this, now that we know we have two 3rds.

1st - Britton

2nd - Duke

3rd - Iglesias (not the talent Nicks or Robiskie, but I like the style and value in the 3rd)

3rd - Herman Johnson (If Rusty can work w/ him, he could actually be a huge [no pun intended] value down the road)

No question we are on the same page. Heck, I think I was the first to talk serious about Britton, who now looks like a value at 18, but was considered a reach when I started talking. Point is, there is little question how much I feel OL is our top need. After Britton, I want Duke. After Duke, I would love to see us draft big boy Johnson and see if we can't get him into shape. How about this, now that we know we have two 3rds.

1st - Britton

2nd - Duke

3rd - Iglesias (not the talent Nicks or Robiskie, but I like the style and value in the 3rd)

3rd - Herman Johnson (If Rusty can work w/ him, he could actually be a huge [no pun intended] value down the road)

The Bears' front office would get crucified in the media, but I'd be smiling from ear to ear with that draft.

Britton, Duke, Olin, Herman, Williams? That's a young OL that will build together for several years, and in my opinion, absolutely dominate. Without injuries, I could see how that core and a healthy Forte could challenge every rushing record ever put up.

The front office "might" get crucified, but I think forte would be very happy.

I wonder, if the pick were Orton's, would he take a OL, who could keep him healthy, or a weapon who could make him look better.

I realize my hope would NEVER happen, but I just love the idea. Just imagine, a year from now having

Williams - Duke - Beekman - Johnson - Britton, w/ Omiyale as a swing OL who backs up both OG and OT.

The Bears' front office would get crucified in the media, but I'd be smiling from ear to ear with that draft.

Britton, Duke, Olin, Herman, Williams? That's a young OL that will build together for several years, and in my opinion, absolutely dominate. Without injuries, I could see how that core and a healthy Forte could challenge every rushing record ever put up.