Just talking out loud

Chitownhustla

I read on a earlier thread that people were wondering if JA was not doing anything in FA because it would set Lovie up for the chopping blocks and save his behind. Well i was thinking about that and thought could JA be trying to get Lovie Fired so he could bring in Gruden? Are JA and Gruden tight? Please don't freak out Im just throwing it out there because i am sooo bored with all the "no" action lately with Bears news.

Tiny timeline issue w/ this idea, though fun enough on a boring day. Gruden didn't join TB until 2002, one year after Angelo joined the Bears. To be best of my knowledge, they have never worked together, and there is no reason to assume the two are friends, much less tight, or that he is on Angelo's "list" anymore than any other former coach.

I read on a earlier thread that people were wondering if JA was not doing anything in FA because it would set Lovie up for the chopping blocks and save his behind. Well i was thinking about that and thought could JA be trying to get Lovie Fired so he could bring in Gruden? Are JA and Gruden tight? Please don't freak out Im just throwing it out there because i am sooo bored with all the "no" action lately with Bears news.

What has Gruden ever done? Won a title with Dungy's guys. Great.

What has Dungy ever done? Walk into a situation where he was supposed to revive a defense, and it never happened. Meanwhile, he walks in one possibly the best QB to ever play the game, one of the top 10 WRs to every play the game, and one of the best offenses in history. Yeah, it's all Dungy.

Remind me of this...did Dungy ever win in TB with Dungy's guys?

I personally wouldn't be surprised if JA wants to get rid of Lovie. It seems as if there's been a disconnect between the two. They have stated different stories about the QB situation, and I believe JA feels he's paid a lot on D for Lovie's guys, and they have not produced. I think JA's line of thought is that if the Bears and Lovie do good and make it to playoffs, great, but if they have another subpar season, it gives JA more reason to find a new HC.

Also, there will be some really good options for next year, most notably Cower, Shanny and Gruden.