Kevin Shaffer

Wesson44

I watched the Bears games against the Falcons the year we went to the SuperBowl and Kevin Shaffer was playing LT for the Falcons. To me he was some what ok he was blocking A.Brown and T. Harris all over the field. He did give up a sack to A.Brown who went thoug a gap. He blocks well at the point of attack and then gets off his block and goes downfield to block someone else. One thing that I did notice in him was that he likes to cut block alot diving at the legs. Maybe that was back then but he did it alot without sucess. When the defensive blockers tried to get around him straight blocking...they couldn't and did not get to Vick on his side. I think with our system he will be a good RT.

I watched the Bears games against the Falcons the year we went to the SuperBowl and Kevin Shaffer was playing LT for the Falcons. To me he was some what ok he was blocking A.Brown and T. Harris all over the field. He did give up a sack to A.Brown who went thoug a gap. He blocks well at the point of attack and then gets off his block and goes downfield to block someone else. One thing that I did notice in him was that he likes to cut block alot diving at the legs. Maybe that was back then but he did it alot without sucess. When the defensive blockers tried to get around him straight blocking...they couldn't and did not get to Vick on his side. I think with our system he will be a good RT.

I think the best thing about Shaffer is tons of experience. They makes him smart, and puts him a better choice than St Clair would have been. He has had good moments and some bad, but now he has to prove himself and should spark his best effort. He has a nasty side so it should align him with Olin to add some smack to the offensive running game.

My word, I have trouble remembering what I did yesterday and you can remember the details of how an OLman on an opposing team played in detail from the 2006 season???? That is amazing.

I love the two signings we have had for the OL. These 2 guys replacing St. Clair & Tait takes two players out of our system who were getting some age on them and gives us two guys with size and youth, both entering the prime years of their careers. Our OL gets younger, bigger, and IMO much better. I am also hoping Buenning is fully healthy and can compete and that Williams is ready to rock.

That is one helluva a memory. Either way, it's a nice pick-up for the money, and it gives us lots of flexibility in the draft.

That is one helluva a memory. Either way, it's a nice pick-up for the money, and it gives us lots of flexibility in the draft.

After thinking about Wesson's statement I remember he is stationed overseas and has the games sent to him on DVDs so he probably meant he reviewed some of his recordings and was going on that instead of memory.

After thinking about Wesson's statement I remember he is stationed overseas and has the games sent to him on DVDs so he probably meant he reviewed some of his recordings and was going on that instead of memory.

Pixote you are correct, but I said I watched the game....and was not speaking from memory. Hell I wish my memory was that good. So my wife will stop fussing because I get her and my daughters birthday mixed up. They are on the 6 & 7 of July......LOL