Ken Lucas CB visits Halas Hall

ASHKUM BEAR

Just reported on the Score that the Bears have brought in Ken Lucas CB from the Panthers to Halas Hall. With all the news of players reporting, I wonder what the Bears have up their sleeves???

How many cornerbacks do we need? Peanut, Vasher, Corey Graham . . . I'm guessing that if we sign Lucas we'll move Dannieal Manning back to FS. Maybe move Vasher to nickel back?

What is our infatuation with Carolina players? Ricky Manning Jr., Dante Wesley, Frank Amiyale . . .

It seems like when a player comes to Halas Hall it's in the fairly serious stage of negotations.

How many cornerbacks do we need? Peanut, Vasher, Corey Graham . . . I'm guessing that if we sign Lucas we'll move Dannieal Manning back to FS. Maybe move Vasher to nickel back?

What is our infatuation with Carolina players? Ricky Manning Jr., Dante Wesley, Frank Amiyale . . .

It seems like when a player comes to Halas Hall it's in the fairly serious stage of negotations.

Makes me wonder whats going on. We didn't here about any interest/visits from Omiyale/Bullucks/Shaffer. Now were hearing news, probably because they are bigger name players.

I hear you about the log jam, I'm thinking we are lining up to trade for Cutler.

Just reported on the Score that the Bears have brought in Ken Lucas CB from the Panthers to Halas Hall. With all the news of players reporting, I wonder what the Bears have up their sleeves???

If they sign him, I would say it puts Vasher on notice, or maybe they move Tilliman to FS?

Is there any chance he could be looked at to play FS?

Is there any chance he could be looked at to play FS?

I don't know that he could - he plays physical enough for a corner, but he's not Sheldon Brown or anything. I will say this for Lucas - he's durable. He only missed 1 game in 4 years at Carolina: even if we just sign him for depth, the Bears could use a guy who's relatively injury-free, given how much Vasher and Tillman have been hurt. Lucas is kind of streaky to be a starter, but he'd be a good rotational guy to split time with Vasher or with Graham if the coaching staff decides Vasher's not going to cut it.

This could be an indication the Bears liked what they saw out of Bowman at FS in minicamp. That's not a lot to go on and I don't want to imply that Bowman will be our starter. Rather he might be our backup and they feel comfortable leaving him at FS thus leaving an opening at CB. I expect we'll draft another FS and then let the 3 compete for the two jobs. Lucas would be some good insurance in case Vasher or Graham don't step up.