Campbell?

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Jason Campbell was reportedly offered to a team that remains nameless for a second round pick on Wednesday.

Our View:The Redskins clearly don't want to move forward with Campbell as their quarterback. They failed to offer him a long tern contract and now they're dangling him as bait across the league. The deal didn't go through most likely because it was hinged on the Skins landing Jay Cutler. But don't expect Campbell to stay put much longer.

Washington Post

I don't want to start any rumors but it could be us if JA is unsure about getting Cutler. I'd love Campbell. He can dink and doink but has a laser. He hasn't been all that great in his career but in his 1st 3 years he's had 3 different coaches. That is tough.

I would rather keep Orton and Draft Mark Sanchez, OL or WR with the first - 4th rounds. No to J. Campbell he just doesn't have IT.

If you could get him for little of nothing, it would be ok, but he hasnt proven anything since he has been in the league. Would be better off with Orton being the fact he wouldnt have to learn a new system and will this year show if he has it or not. If we got Cambpell, you would have to give him two years being he has to learn a new system. He had a better RB, and better receivers in Wash, and didnt shine.

Campbell may not be a top 5 QB in the league, but I think he'd be more than serviceable and a strong improvement over what the Bears threw out there last year.

Let's look at his numbers last year. 3245 yards, 62.3% Completion, 13 TD, 6 INT, 84.3 QB rating. Orton, for example, put up a 79.3 rating, so just in that category it's a small upgrade, but Campbell's stats are interesting in that the reason his rating is so low is that he didn't get many TD's. He was well above the solid 60% ish line in completion %age, which is a good start. But, he was also tied for 4th in the league with 38 sacks last year. Some of that may be that he's just not very mobile, but some of that likely comes on the performance of their O-line as well.

Campbell's had basically a new offense every year, and his stats last year argue that the run heavy west coast offense they were trying to run in Washington could have kept his completion %age up a bit but also kept down his TD's and long passes. I'm not sure how good he'll be, I'm not sure how good Orton will be, but I think the Bears would be in good shape if they had both of them.