Reactions???

azbearsfan

I agree with your point except Jordan wasn't a point guard. If you have a good point guard you usually have a good team. If you have a good QB you usually have a good offense. Maybe not great but at least good.

I'm surprised nobody is giving props to Urlacher for his comments in today's news where I felt he really came out in support of Cutler and Pace. In particular I like the statement that he has nothing to explain to his new teammates and that Urlacher likes him being a bit cocky.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...T-url04.article

''Making this deal, plus we got Orlando Pace, our offense is looking really good,'' Urlacher said Friday on WMVP-AM (1000). ''We have some big names on offense, which we haven't had since I've been here. We have a franchise quarterback, which we obviously haven't had. We're going in the right direction.

''He's still young [25]. I'm sure he has a lot to learn, but from what I've seen he has all the skills you want in a quarterback. He can throw the ball on the run, he can throw it from the pocket. He's got a cannon. And he can play well in cold weather, having played in Denver, so that will be important playing in Chicago.''

Urlacher said Cutler's attitude is not a concern despite the quarterback asking to be traded because of hurt feelings.

''He's got nothing to explain to me,'' Urlacher said. ''They tried to trade him, and he got a little peed off about it.

''As a player, if a team talks about trading you, you would be a little mad, and he got really mad. I don't blame him one bit. ... I'm on his side, and most of the time players are on each other's side when these matters go down. He's got nothing to explain to us.''

In fact, Urlacher likes Cutler's attitude.

''He'll do a great job,'' Urlacher said. ''He's got a swagger about him which, personally, I love a quarterback who has a swagger. He's cocky, but not too cocky. I like that. I think you have to have that as your quarterback, somebody who's confident and will get the job done.''

I agree, good post. I am sure his earlier statements were misleading. I am sure Url is a big fan of this move.

I heard Cutler say in an interview many Bear Players called him including Hester, Olsen, Bennett, & Urlacher to name a few I remember him saying.

It appears the players are as excited as the fans.

I think Urlachers initial comments were taken wrongly. You have to react to swapping players at the same position differently than acquiring a new player via the draft or FA. I doubt some players want to say theyre excited to have a good quarterback finally when their teammate of four years gets traded.

Cool piece Balta. Olsen is actually a guy that I don't mind speaking for the franchise. Lets get the mikes out of Urlachers dumb self and let Briggs, Cutler, Forte, and Olsen do the talking.

We have to keep in mind that Olsen was an english major in College and Urlacher majored in football 101. lol

I think Urlachers initial comments were taken wrongly. You have to react to swapping players at the same position differently than acquiring a new player via the draft or FA. I doubt some players want to say theyre excited to have a good quarterback finally when their teammate of four years gets traded.

Bingo

If you put yourselves in their shoes they were probably shocked and excited like we as fans were at the news. With the exception that they know and worked with kyle so their ties to him are much stronger than ours were. The comments in general have been fairly diplomatic because they don't want to knock a teammate that they had great respect. Some of it is in the way the questions are posed that get those quotes. Your friend and former teammate has been traded and your asked what its like to have a pro bowl QB or How much better does this trade make the team? The more the dust settles the more we'll see players lining up behind him.

Quotes can be misleading because we don't always get he question that prompted the quote or the correct context in which it was given. Quotes are included in a story to support the general premise of the story. A player can speak for 15 min and a story may only highlight a sentence or two because it fits the story they are writing. This isn't always bad but can be done to cast a particular opinion on a player. We read the story and can even further misinterpret the quote. Unless of course the statement itself is so blatantly asinine that it in and of itself is difficult to defend.