ESPN hates this for the Bears

nfoligno

I should specify that. Watching NFL Today, or whatever the ESPN show, Dilfer and Shlerif (however you spell it) just blasted the bears.

Basically said the bears have too many holes to give up so much. What cracked me up was, Dilfer said Detroit was the biggest loser, saying they should have made the trade. Like Detroit doesn't have holes? Seems a bit of a contradiction.

Seriously, though, what irrated me as much as anything was the way they talked about it.

- Pointed out the Bears lost both starting OTs. Failed to mention (a) those two OTs sucked (B) we have a 1st round pick coming off a red shirt season © added two other veterans in Omiyale and Shaffer and (d) while they reported we signed Pace, the failed to factor that point at all only stressing we lost our starting OTs.

- Talked about how he won't throw as much in Chicago as in Denver (system and weather) acting like QB isn't important in a non-high flying offense. Seriously, it was near funny listening to Dilfer, not to mention expected. As he was never very good, he seemed to take the position almost that QB just isn't a big deal.

- Railed about how bad the bears D is, w/o even touching on coaching changes.

- As for Cutler specifically, they acted like he is barely above average. You should have heard them. Strike that. Youl wouldn't want to. They said Aaron Rodgers is far and away the better QB, both physically and mentally. Said it was not even close. Huh? Further, you should have heard them praising Orton. I loved Orton, and always supported him, but when did he become such a great QB?

It was truly unbelievable.

Pretty boy Schlereth's been poo=poo'ing Cutler all through this. he's on Cowherd all the time blasting him like no tomorrow. Must've ask Jay for a signed helmet and got denied...

I love it! keep talking trash agasint us ESPN! We love the chalkboard material!

I should specify that. Watching NFL Today, or whatever the ESPN show, Dilfer and Shlerif (however you spell it) just blasted the bears.

Basically said the bears have too many holes to give up so much. What cracked me up was, Dilfer said Detroit was the biggest loser, saying they should have made the trade. Like Detroit doesn't have holes? Seems a bit of a contradiction.

Seriously, though, what irrated me as much as anything was the way they talked about it.

- Pointed out the Bears lost both starting OTs. Failed to mention (a) those two OTs sucked (B) we have a 1st round pick coming off a red shirt season © added two other veterans in Omiyale and Shaffer and (d) while they reported we signed Pace, the failed to factor that point at all only stressing we lost our starting OTs.

- Talked about how he won't throw as much in Chicago as in Denver (system and weather) acting like QB isn't important in a non-high flying offense. Seriously, it was near funny listening to Dilfer, not to mention expected. As he was never very good, he seemed to take the position almost that QB just isn't a big deal.

- As for Cutler specifically, they acted like he is barely above average. You should have heard them. Strike that. Youl wouldn't want to. They said Aaron Rodgers is far and away the better QB, both physically and mentally. Said it was not even close. Huh? Further, you should have heard them praising Orton. I loved Orton, and always supported him, but when did he become such a great QB?

I saw Dilfer say his crap.....I never liked him as a player(he sucked....cut that he sucked donkey balls) never thought he was a good sportscaster and now i think he might be the dumbest guy allowed to talk on ESPN.

I havent seen many people who think this was a bad move for the Bears. They have a QB now and enough bodies to make an above average offensive line hopefully. If they can at least snag one WR in FA then they can go into the draft and load up on a FS, OG, DE, WR with their picks. I think losing the two picks will make JA focus more on our needs then pulling some of the head scratchers he has the past few years. Kellen Davis, Wolfe, Bazuin, Okwo etc.

ESPN can blow me!

ESPN can blow me!

Jay Glazer Fox Sports was just on the score, he said it was a great move for the Bears. Glazer was just w/ Cutler at a UFC fight, said Cutler is cocky, like McMahon and will fit in nice with the Bears locker room. Glazer also said signing Pace is also a huge huge signing b/c Pace is still a very good LT. The only down side is if he can stay healthy.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...ex.html?eref=T1

Peter King says this is a "massive step down" for Cutler from the Broncos talent on offense to the Bears talent on offense. And maybe that's true at WR. But he neglects to mention the fact that he now has a stud RB to take the pressure off the pass (something he didn't have in Denver), one that not only runs, but catches a ton of passes. And there was something else . . . oh, I remember now . . . THE BEARS WERE A BETTER TEAM LAST YEAR!

Schlereth is an idiot....I really think he is butt hurt b/c he has been a Broncos fanboy all the way...He used to talk about Cutler being the next coming of Elway...and now he is saying that the Bears are a worse football team then they were before....

Cutlers arm alone is going to do wonders for our offense. Theres no possible way teams are going to be able to stack the box now. We might not have the polished WRs Denver had but we have a MUCH better running game, a better defense and some unique skill sets in some of our other offensive players. IMO, teams are going to have to double cover a mediocre WR in Hester because if he is left alone and is streaking down the field Cutler might be the best QB in the NFL in terms of ability to get him the ball accurately.

Cutlers arm alone is going to do wonders for our offense. Theres no possible way teams are going to be able to stack the box now. We might not have the polished WRs Denver had but we have a MUCH better running game, a better defense and some unique skill sets in some of our other offensive players. IMO, teams are going to have to double cover a mediocre WR in Hester because if he is left alone and is streaking down the field Cutler might be the best QB in the NFL in terms of ability to get him the ball accurately.

yeah, denver had marshall and royal, but what else??? Sure hester may not be totally polished, but I have a gut feeling that those throws of 40+ yards to him down the side line will be far more accurate and last I checked denver in no way, shape, or form had a te that is in the category that we have. Hell even clark is right up there with what he had in denver. Mark my words these tunnel vision pricks will get a wake up call, cause olsen is far better than what they had and add in hester, forte, and might i add (didn't jay have a pretty good college career with another wide out we currently have on our roster? oh yeah that would be bennet!) Come december when we're walkin away with the NFC title we'll all be there to kick their fair weather analytical a$$es off the bandwagon!!!

Even if this does turn out good for us, I want someone to eventually explain how we had to trade two 1st rounders AND a third AND Orton for him ...when KC just got Matt Cassell AND Vrabel for one measily 2nd rounder. Regardless of Jay being more proven, that's a staggering difference considering Cassell actually had the better year and Cutler's other two years weren't that great. I was under the impression that teams just don't trade away draft picks like that anymore just for players. It's 1999 again.

Even if this does turn out good for us, I want someone to eventually explain how we had to trade two 1st rounders AND a third AND Orton for him ...when KC just got Matt Cassell AND Vrabel for one measily 2nd rounder. Regardless of Jay being more proven, that's a staggering difference considering Cassell actually had the better year and Cutler's other two years weren't that great. I was under the impression that teams just don't trade away draft picks like that anymore just for players. It's 1999 again.

Ummm, cause Jay Cutler is far superior than Cassell.

yeah, cutler's proven, but look at NE they have argueably the most talented wr in the league in moss, so whoopee cassell had a good year as well. Doesn't mean he's better. The reason that the chiefs only gave up a second rder is because belichek (however you spell it) is buddy buddy with pioli. So he gave him a deal. Remember there were other teams said to be offering firsts for a qb might i add that only played this one season and last played ( and I mean actually played) in a highschool game. So yeah there is a big difference. Remember jay's been in this league for 3 years now and he has this little title of "PRO-BOWLER" so that alone is enough to warrant more compensation. Just be happy that NE did what they did or maybe this would have played out much more differently. By jay standing up for himself ( that's the way I view it, they're allowed to look into trading him but it's a capital crime when the player switches the tables???) it forced the broncos into a corner that they just couldn't get out of. I have a gut feeling that he wanted to come here, him being a bears fan and the fact that we have some of his buddies here ( williams, bennet, and Hunter H.) it really is a win win situation and add in the fact that we kept him from going to the queens or detoilet it just made it so much more bitter sweet! ( especially with the minnesota block since they creamed their pants trying to get him prior to the whole soap opera fallout the news is making it out to be.

Cassell is a good QB but look at the talent he had to work with in NE. I think there are a lot of QBs that could have thrived in that situation. He did step up and perform so he's not devoid of credit. I do think KC got a great deal the #2 pick they got was the second pick of the second round (#34 overall) which isn't a bad pick and Vrabel is in his 13th season but still an effective LB. Cassell had a good season taking over for Brady, one season coming out of nowhere doesn't make a career. He may turn out to be a stud, but he may be the next Anderson who was a flash in the pan then struggled. Cutler has been solid in his time with Denver over more than just one season. He's been to a Pro Bowl. Time will tell just how good this trade ends up being same with the KC/NE trade. Cutler brought a bigger price because he's a more established player.

Exactly! Teams will now actually have to account for Hester every second of every play. The field will be stretched for the play action and run game. We may actually get to utilize Wolfe now that he will have a little room to operate.

Exactly! Teams will now actually have to account for Hester every second of every play. The field will be stretched for the play action and run game. We may actually get to utilize Wolfe now that he will have a little room to operate.

Trent Dilfer and Mark Shcrealth are both ass wads! Mark why don't you go cry about it, you know it and everyone else know's it Cutler should never have been traded but your beloved Bronco's screwed it up because your head coach thought he was Belicheck. Dilfer said the Bears have too many holes and then turns around and says the Lions should have traded for him.....holes, are you shiting me.

I live in Denver and have been following this very closely as you might have noticed by my postings of how much I really wanted this to happen for the Bears and still can not believe.

The local media and fans are trashing Cutler and it is just amazing how they are rationalizing losing Cutler. One fan called in and was trying to explain over the air how he wanted to start the cry baby wave for when Jay returns to denver in the 3rd preseason game? Cry Baby??? Really?? I don't recall hearing many sound bytes of Culter nor his agent throughout this whole ordeal. Infact they kept a fairly tight lip on things behind closed doors with all things considerd. Bolen gave the reigns over to a 32 hc who crashed the on his first time out. My analogy would be if you got a new boss that rubbed you the wrong way and then to add insult to injury told he was going to fire you for one his guys. Then tries to deny that was the case now that guy took another position elsewhere and now wants you back?

Cutler is a stud and I will give 5 reason why it was worth the deal:

1) Can't win the superbowl w/o an elite QB

2) Benson, Terrell, Haynes, Grossman, all first round picks who did not live up to expectations

3) Org. has proven track record of not being able to draft and develop own elite QB

4) Put's Def and rest of players on notice that we are setting high expectations going forward (also boosts morale)

5) keeps Jay going to divisional opponents

Love this aquisition!!!!

Schlereth contradicted himself in his analysis. He stated that a few years down the road Denver would be the better team because of the two extra picks. First consider that Cutler himself is a 1st Rd pick. I view the Orton transaction as us trading him for a 5th Rd pick, one round below where we selected him. I'd say he's worth a 4th but doubt anyone would have given us a 3rd for him. Consider that Denver will likely have to use our 1st Rd pick to get another QB with similar franchise talent, doing that just gets them back to where they were with Cutler, plus they have Orton but only for a year. They could have potentially had him as an FA next year. That means in extra picks to INCREASE the quality of their team above what they had with Cutler, Denver has one 1st Rd pick and a 3rd Rd pick.

Now if Denver trades both 1st Rd picks this year to move up early and draft Sanchez then it's a wash and all they really have left to from the trade to increase the talent of their team is an extra 3rd. Does anyone think that will put them over the top? Keep in mind that 1st Rd QBs are still a 50/50 shot.

Where Schlereth was really outside the box was stating that Denver in a few years would be better with those extra picks yet for the Bears it was all about this year. It's not. We now don't have to worry about using picks or FA cash on a QB and developmental time on a QB. That last part is a big deal IMO. I see no reason we can't fill our holes in a couple year just like Denver, it must might not be all through the draft. Did Schlereth forget about FA?

Trent Dilfer and Mark Shcrealth are both ass wads! Mark why don't you go cry about it, you know it and everyone else know's it Cutler should never have been traded but your beloved Bronco's screwed it up because your head coach thought he was Belicheck. Dilfer said the Bears have too many holes and then turns around and says the Lions should have traded for him.....holes, are you shiting me.

Lets also keep in mind that Schlereth has never liked the Bears and he even ate plenty of crow last year from some of his crap he said last year. He was even ripping us in '05 when we went to the superbowl when he said that we were the worst superbowl team of all time.

Some of you guys are acting like I'm asking why did Cutler require more value? Duh. I asked why he required insanely more. Cassell was practically given away for free. In fact I can't fathom how Denver wasn't able to aquire Cassell if they wanted him so much. All they had to do was give up a second rounder and not require Vrabel and it would have been a better deal. In fact, why didn't Cassell become a Bear (remember we didn't know Cutler would be available yet)? We could have easily beaten that and had great depth with two promising young QB's at the very least...all for nothing more than a second rounder.

I guess the best answer I've heard is that the two coaches were buddy-buddy, but that's still pretty far-fetched. Also, apparently JA was never going to offer 2 first rounders but just threw his hands up and did it when crazy Daniel Snyder started screwing things up. He may have already informed Kyle of his intentions and just wasn't going to go back ofter that.

Some of you guys are acting like I'm asking why did Cutler require more value? Duh. I asked why he required insanely more. Cassell was practically given away for free. In fact I can't fathom how Denver wasn't able to aquire Cassell if they wanted him so much. All they had to do was give up a second rounder and not require Vrabel and it would have been a better deal. In fact, why didn't Cassell become a Bear (remember we didn't know Cutler would be available yet)? We could have easily beaten that and had great depth with two promising young QB's at the very least...all for nothing more than a second rounder.

I guess the best answer I've heard is that the two coaches were buddy-buddy, but that's still pretty far-fetched. Also, apparently JA was never going to offer 2 first rounders but just threw his hands up and did it when crazy Daniel Snyder started screwing things up. He may have already informed Kyle of his intentions and just wasn't going to go back ofter that.

Don't forget the fact that the Patriots needed to get rid of one of their QBs if they didn't want to tie up 20-25% or so of their salary cap in one postition... Cassel was supposed to get $14 millions or so as a franchised QB and I believe that Brady's cap number was even higher (I'm not sure of the exact numbers here, but they are in the ballpark). IMO, that's a big incentive to trade Cassel below market value!

Let's also not forget the Billichick - Pioli connection.

Also, we apparently got into a bidding war per some posts here. The Redskins bumped up the bet and we called it.

Also, Cassell is not Cutler!

Don't forget the fact that the Patriots needed to get rid of one of their QBs if they didn't want to tie up 20-25% or so of their salary cap in one postition... Cassel was supposed to get $14 millions or so as a franchised QB and I believe that Brady's cap number was even higher (I'm not sure of the exact numbers here, but they are in the ballpark). IMO, that's a big incentive to trade Cassel below market value!