I am wondering about a new contract

nfoligno

I have to believe we made this deal w/ the intention of keeping him long term, which means a new deal. While he is not due to hit FA for two more years, you gotta bet he wants to be paid.

Now we can utilize that huge amount of cap space. It will be very curious to see just how big of a deal he gets, and further will be interesting to see the "bears are cheap" response when we give him a deal for likely $30m guaranteed.

I await my second helping of crow!

I have to believe we made this deal w/ the intention of keeping him long term, which means a new deal. While he is not due to hit FA for two more years, you gotta bet he wants to be paid.

Now we can utilize that huge amount of cap space. It will be very curious to see just how big of a deal he gets, and further will be interesting to see the "bears are cheap" response when we give him a deal for likely $30m guaranteed.

Um, I guess you haven't heard the news. Hell froze over yesterday. I'm worried. For something like yesterday to happen, I hope it is not a sign that,

This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions. Old Testament. Real wrath-of-God type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice. Dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria!

Oh my not only is NFO happy. Crack and NFO actually agree on something. My god what the hell is next.

Um, I guess you haven't heard the news. Hell froze over yesterday. I'm worried. For something like yesterday to happen, I hope it is not a sign that,

This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions. Old Testament. Real wrath-of-God type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice. Dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria!

No kidding, I see what you are saying. Just for you 2 to get along can create mass hysteria. But I personally enjoy it.

So be gooood for goooodness sakes. Whoaaaaa somebody's coming......

Bonus points for quoting Ghostbusters :headbang

Ya, what were the financial rammifications of the deal. Clearly Cutler is going to receive the largest contract in franchise history and by making this trade we are making a statement that the franchise will be built around him from this point onward.

Ya, what were the financial rammifications of the deal. Clearly Cutler is going to receive the largest contract in franchise history and by making this trade we are making a statement that the franchise will be built around him from this point onward.

As of right now, there aren't any financial ramifications to my knowledge. Cutler will be in the 4th year of a 6 year deal he signed as a rookie. So he's going to get paid something like a million dollars which is peanuts these days. Of course, the Bears will probably sign him up long term but they don't have to do anything with this long left on the contract.

I hear ya. Hope everything is going well.

Had to go through hell for the last several years before I decided to move on and divorce my wife. My son and I are living together and his mom is still working on staying sane/sober. The energy one expends in these circumstances is unreal. But everything was final in February and my son is doing great in school and is otherwise a very well adjusted 10 year old.

Life is good.

Did George W Bush assume the Presidency again!?!?!

:)

Haven't you heard. Texas plans to leave the union (which believe it or not, they can actually do, legally) and Bush intends to be president of Texas. Chuck Norris will be the VP.

Did George W Bush assume the Presidency again!?!?!

:)

No, they don't "have to" do anything, but

(a) if you make a deal like this, giving up this much, I would think a new deal would be part of the plans, sooner rather than later.

(B) Cutler was upset, among other reasons, for a perceived lack of respect from Denver. IMHO, if we refuse to give Cutler a deal which is more represenative of the player we just made the statement that he is, that too could be viewed as a lack of respect. Not really how you want to begin a relationship.

© We have the cap space to not only get the deal done, but to actually front load a chunk of it to limit future pain.

As of right now, there aren't any financial ramifications to my knowledge. Cutler will be in the 4th year of a 6 year deal he signed as a rookie. So he's going to get paid something like a million dollars which is peanuts these days. Of course, the Bears will probably sign him up long term but they don't have to do anything with this long left on the contract.

Crack, sorry to hear that. Sincerely. Glass half full. Hardest parts are over. You are with your son. Your son is doing well, as well as can be expected.

Oh yea, and there has been a change in the whitehouse :)

Had to go through hell for the last several years before I decided to move on and divorce my wife. My son and I are living together and his mom is still working on staying sane/sober. The energy one expends in these circumstances is unreal. But everything was final in February and my son is doing great in school and is otherwise a very well adjusted 10 year old.

Life is good.

We have the cap space to not only get the deal done, but to actually front load a chunk of it to limit future pain.

Couldn't agree more. But the question was what are the ramifications and at this point, there aren't any. And I'm not sure they'll want to go out there and extend him with a big deal right away. Too many guys have disappeared after getting the big check... I'd say you sit down with him, be very honest, and tell him you'll do a deal with him in one year. That means with 2 left on his contract which is very fair. I'd then use the cap space we have available now to bring in a Marvin Harrison and front load other contracts for vets we want to extend today. Leaving ample space in next year's cap.

(Note: I'm assuming above there won't be an uncapped year. I believe both sides will get a deal done in collective bargaining. Now is not the time, with the economy being what it is, for either side to chance killing this golden goose.)