Rival fan reactions...

DaBearSox

So i wanted to see Packer's fans reaction to this so I searched "Packers Messageboard" in google and came up with http://www.packerchatters.com/4ums/index.php?showtopic=14050

Here are some of my favorites so far

Even if it takes a few years to recover, the bear's now have their QB for the next decade. That is worth more then they paid.

I think some of you guys are taking this way to lightly.

I just hope Cutler doesn't do to the Packers, what Favre did to the Bears during his career. That would really suck.

ahh here's another good one to add

Wow. I'm shocked so many people aren't concerned about this.

The Bears were 9-7 last year. We were 6-10.

The Bears have improved quite substantially. We have not.

And it's not like the Bears were over the hill last season. Their average age is 26.47 years. We may improve with our youth, but the Bears have nearly as much youth as we do.

And when you check out the Broncos boards it might be a good idea to keep sharp objects away from them and may have to talk them off the ledge lol

There are a handful Denver fans that are ok with it but I saw posts like "if this deal includes Orton in any way I will kill myself" Words like Vomit, puke, etc are flowing freely over in Bronco land. Seems we aren't the only ones that get pissed at our GM. They seem ready to lynch McDaniels.

In all Honesty I think the trade works for both teams. Kyle will have more weapons over in Denver and with his one year remaining he may be a stop gap in a rebuilding club who desperately needs help on the defensive side of the ball. Between Kyle, Simms, and whoever else they have or will get. The Draft pics if they pick well will help them build up their defense. For the Bears we get a proven QB who has been to a Pro Bowl and can make the talent around him better. If we can pick up one or two legit WR's and our O-Line gels into a solid or better unit and can give Jay time the threat of an actual passing attack will only help our Running game. This move could very well make our offense more balanced. Been watching some of his highlights and one thing that does jump out at me is he has good presence and is able to improvise when things break down. He can make a wide range of throws accurately. Kyle's biggest weakness was the long ball. I always held my breath when he'd heave it down field cause I never knew if it was actually going to come down near the receiver or get picked. Cutler is by no means perfect but I think he's a hell of a QB and...... shoot, I can't believe we pulled the trigger, I'm glad we have him now.

Add a good WR or two and draft secondary, WR, O-Line (not necessarily in that order). Head into camp with some fresh excitement, and enthusiasm. These kinds of things can really boost morale. The players seem as jazzed as we are 2009 could indeed be a special year. Could we finally get over that hump and bring the Lombardi back where it belongs? I don't want to get ahead of myself but I have to think we've got a good shot at the NFC North and once your in the playoffs anything can happen.

Bear Down!!!

ha...i am in the middle of it...and from what I have seen...Denver fans dont know what to think....they came to the conclusion that Cutler was a baby b/c the whining that he did about the team...but they are disappointed that kyle orton is their QB right now...

from my experience here in the city of Denver the old guys are like "I am glad its finally over" and the younger crowd are happy the drama is over but think that the broncos are doomed if they cant pull anything from the draft...

all the while I am elated that DA BEARS have an QB that could be franchise worthy in my lifetime