Thank U, Thank U, Thank U !

Grouchy Bear

Last time I posted I got a little riff for being negative on our Bears being stagnant with the fa market.

Listen I don't post a lot but when I do I call it as i see it. I knew if we went into the season with what we had, There was little hope that we would go far into the playoffs. I would even go as far to say it would be hard to win our division.

Now with the recent moves I see hope. Hope that I was asking for in the likes of a all pro QB and and that all pro OL.

Yes, Pace might be up in age and have health issues but it's an upgrade. And yes it's only a stop gap. We can't solve all our problems in single off season but it's a start.

It seems that mush's " wr's go to chicago die " comment that was repeatedly used by the media all last season and could have prevented some FA wr's to come here is now "dead". Just maybe some FA's will rethink about coming to the bears.

Just maybe there are some more surprises Jerry has up his sleeve.

Last time I posted I got a little riff for being negative on our Bears being stagnant with the fa market.

Listen I don't post a lot but when I do I call it as i see it. I knew if we went into the season with what we had, There was little hope that we would go far into the playoffs. I would even go as far to say it would be hard to win our division.

Now with the recent moves I see hope. Hope that I was asking for in the likes of a all pro QB and and that all pro OL.

Yes, Pace might be up in age and have health issues but it's an upgrade. And yes it's only a stop gap. We can't solve all our problems in single off season but it's a start.

It seems that mush's " wr's go to chicago die " comment that was repeatedly used by the media all last season and could have prevented some FA wr's to come here is now "dead". Just maybe some FA's will rethink about coming to the bears.

Just maybe there are some more surprises Jerry has up his sleeve.

I'm guessing the lesson here is, "Good things come to those who wait." How many on here we pissed we didn't go after Haynesworth? The fact that we had tons of cap-room made this more "do-able."

As for the WR's, previously fans have wanted to "over-pay" for over-rated WR's in hopes they'd make our QB's better (Moose & Housh for example). Now it's simply a matter of finding out how Cutler can make a WR even better.

Picking up Housh would look awfully good right now, no?

But seriously, nobody can blame Angelo anymore. He went out this offseason and made THE biggest splash of all. Even if Cutler never gets us a ring or is a complete bust, everyone wanted this. There's no looking back now. Like someone said, now bigger FA's will want to come here.

Picking up Housh would look awfully good right now, no?

But seriously, nobody can blame Angelo anymore. He went out this offseason and made THE biggest splash of all. Even if Cutler never gets us a ring or is a complete bust, everyone wanted this. There's no looking back now. Like someone said, now bigger FA's will want to come here.

Nah Housh is 32 and on the downside of his career. I'm glad we didn't get him.

Forget about Boldin. By then he'll be too old to be much help. We need to learn how to draft a WR. There's a side benefit to having your QB finally in place: Our scouts and pro personnel will no longer have to spend time looking at QBs. They can now focus their efforts on other players and I'd like to that more time spent evaluating someone should improve the scouting ability. It's a small piece of the pie but nonetheless I have to believe we've spent a lot of effort evaluating QBs during Angelo's term.