UDFA?

ChileBear

Since we have a very limited no. of draft picks now, quite a few Undrafted Free Agents will probably be brought in, to TC at least. My question is, does anyone know if we have any UDFAs on the current roster?

Since we have a very limited no. of draft picks now, quite a few Undrafted Free Agents will probably be brought in, to TC at least. My question is, does anyone know if we have any UDFAs on the current roster?

We still have 8 draft picks right? Thats not a limited number at all

I believe the players on the roster who were not drafted (if I understand your question right) are:

Cody Balogh

Brett Basanez

Rudy Burgess

Joe Clermond

Jason Davis

Rashied Davis

Robbie Gould

Caleb Hanie

Israel Idonije

Jason McKie

Fontel Mines

Adewale Ogunleye

Brandon Rideau

Nick Roach

I believe the players on the roster who were not drafted (if I understand your question right) are:

Cody Balogh

Brett Basanez

Rudy Burgess

Joe Clermond

Jason Davis

Rashied Davis

Robbie Gould

Caleb Hanie

Israel Idonije

Jason McKie

Fontel Mines

Adewale Ogunleye

Brandon Rideau

Nick Roach

Ah man. I love Rudy Burgess. He was great out here at ASU.

Cody Balogh

Brett Basanez

Rudy Burgess

Joe Clermond

Jason Davis

Rashied Davis

Robbie Gould

Caleb Hanie

Israel Idonije

Jason McKie

Fontel Mines

Adewale Ogunleye

Brandon Rideau

Nick Roach

Thanks. I'm referring to players that weren't drafted by any team, but signed later.

The Hanie question has to be decided early on because if they are intent on him being our #2 he needs all the reps he can get in OTAs, training camp, and preseason. I still think it's likely we see a low tier FA vet being brought in for competition of some sort but it likely is more of a #3 with possibility to step in to the #2 role. A guy like a JT O'Sullivan for example.

The Hanie question has to be decided early on because if they are intent on him being our #2 he needs all the reps he can get in OTAs, training camp, and preseason. I still think it's likely we see a low tier FA vet being brought in for competition of some sort but it likely is more of a #3 with possibility to step in to the #2 role. A guy like a JT O'Sullivan for example.

I'd take Rexy on a one year deal, if he would sign it. He knows the system and would be better than O'Sullivan with our improved(hopefully) OL.

Rex's situation is such an interesting one. 6 weeks into 2006 season many of us were thinking pro bowl, or at very least we now have our QB of the future. Then disaster in the desert and his career since has most resembled a roller coaster marked by inconstancy. He has potential physically, but the question remains does he have it mentally? The vibe I got from him in his last season with the Bears and even during the "competition" was that of apathy as if in his mind he was thinking "screw it, I"m done here." I can't say I blame him on some level. He has made his own bed here but I do think some fans have taken it too far by harassing him no matter what he does. If I were him I'd not want to play again for the Bears. I'm sure there's Bears fans who feel the same way. IMO that bridge has been burned to a crisp..... more like napalmed. I don't see him signing with us. Right or wrong he believes he should be a starter and I highly doubt he signs another contract with the Bears to be a backup. So far no takers in FA but there might be after the draft. He does know our system and it is possible that the Bears would consider making an offer. But I would not blame Rex one bit for saying "no way in Hell"

Rex would only come here if he couldn't find another job. The fans were brutal to him. Even if Cutler was injured and Rex came in the game, the boos would start with the first incompletion and the crowd would start chanting Hanie.

I think it would be much different this time around because Rex would be signing as a back up plain and simple. It wouldnt be a competition between two mediocre qbs, it would mean he knows we have our guy and hes here because he knows the offense and is familiar with our offense and has a good amount of starts under his belt. I know people on here are high on Hanie, but god forbid Cutler got injured you need at least one back up who has some experience.

Rex would only come here if he couldn't find another job. The fans were brutal to him. Even if Cutler was injured and Rex came in the game, the boos would start with the first incompletion and the crowd would start chanting Hanie.

Exactly. The fans have been extremely unfair to Rex in his time here. I get booing when he is playing bad, but it got to a point where he was booed heavily after every incompletion.

I dont see it.

As much as I follow your logic...I just don't see it happening. I think the bridge has been burned...not in a horrid way, but it's time for both parties to move on.

I think it would be much different this time around because Rex would be signing as a back up plain and simple. It wouldnt be a competition between two mediocre qbs, it would mean he knows we have our guy and hes here because he knows the offense and is familiar with our offense and has a good amount of starts under his belt. I know people on here are high on Hanie, but god forbid Cutler got injured you need at least one back up who has some experience.