The Cutler Effect...

Mongo3451

I've been thinking about posting thoughts on the effect signing Cutler will have on the Bears. Here are my thoughts:

Offense: The effect here is obvious. He has all the tools, mobility included. He'll stretch the field with his arm allowing Turnwer to call any play he wants. Forte and Co. will have more room to run, as a result of a softer box. Lastly, Cutler will have to accounted for when designing pass rushes, as he will dangerous out of the pocket.

Defense: Lovie will be able to release the hounds in various ways knowing he has a QB that can put numbers on the board. Also, with an improved running comes greater time of possession, keeping the defense off the field.

Talent: With our new additions, free agent talent will be more attracted to come here. Keep your fingers crossed for Holt!

JA and Lovie: Did a masterfull job of putting the team on notice this off-season. JA in being critical of players and coaches and Lovie purposly scheduling OTA's during prime vacation time and assuming responsibility for the D.

Team motivation: This may be the biggest lift of all. If you are a Bear, you have to be sky high right now. The addition of Cutler, Pace and Marinelli will lead to greater dedication in the off-season.

The entire team has been put on notice that the window is back open!

I've been thinking about posting thoughts on the effect signing Cutler will have on the Bears. Here are my thoughts:

Offense: The effect here is obvious. He has all the tools, mobility included. He'll stretch the field with his arm allowing Turnwer to call any play he wants. Forte and Co. will have more room to run, as a result of a softer box. Lastly, Cutler will have to accounted for when designing pass rushes, as he will dangerous out of the pocket.

Defense: Lovie will be able to release the hounds in various ways knowing he has a QB that can put numbers on the board. Also, with an improved running comes greater time of possession, keeping the defense off the field.

Talent: With our new additions, free agent talent will be more attracted to come here. Keep your fingers crossed for Holt!

JA and Lovie: Did a masterfull job of putting the team on notice this off-season. JA in being critical of players and coaches and Lovie purposly scheduling OTA's during prime vacation time and assuming responsibility for the D.

Team motivation: This may be the biggest lift of all. If you are a Bear, you have to be sky high right now. The addition of Cutler, Pace and Marinelli will lead to greater dedication in the off-season.

I like your train of thought i'm thinking the same way but here is a twist to your story. Now that we have Cutler and will get a WR or two do we become a passing team rather than a running one? The Cutler effect will be greatly enlarged if Turner opens up the thoughts he has in his head! Like this for example. Since Cutler is so mobile are there going to be more bootleg passes to the TE or rollouts to the flats? Something we did maybe like twice last year.

I like your train of thought i'm thinking the same way but here is a twist to your story. Now that we have Cutler and will get a WR or two do we become a passing team rather than a running one? The Cutler effect will be greatly enlarged if Turner opens up the thoughts he has in his head! Like this for example. Since Cutler is so mobile are there going to be more bootleg passes to the TE or rollouts to the flats? Something we did maybe like twice last year.

Yes sir! Those also help promote counter plays and cutback lanes in the run game. Nasty!

Yes sir! Those also help promote counter plays and cutback lanes in the run game. Nasty!

Excellent post mongo. I can't agree more. The one thing I am wondering is how long will it take Cutler to break Erik Kramer team record of 3,838 passing yards and 29 TD's, which were both done in 1995 with Turner as the coordinator. I believe Turner will have the luxury of opening things up quite a bit and look forward to a very interesting year.

Just read that he's selling jerseys off the shelves! 1,800 sold on line in his first week, where TO only sold 600 in 2 weeks...

As was I!

My wife bought it for me with the 15% and is holding it until my b-day in Aug... As long as I have it on opening Sunday night, I'll be a happy man!

(road white...)

I was one of those 1600 and currently those jerseys are on backorder. I'm in no hurry though, just want to sport it opening day :)

At least when we spend, we do so wisely!

I'm not. I've had too many run-in's w/ SF fans... They are generally poor sports and bandwagoners when you're playing against them. (GB fans will rib you, but respect the tradition of the rivalry.) I've been close to throwing down about 3 times with unruly SF fans. Some are really nice, but there are too many that spoil the whole thing. If you go, I highly advise trying to see where the visiting team sits. The city is really cool and fun. If you go, let me know and I can point you to a few fun bars/etc... Are you planning on going? Maybe if I knew there were saftely in numbers...! ;)

I am planning on flying back to Chicago for the home opener though. I prefer being in OUR element!

We got the exact same jerseys and used the 15%. Accts know how to do it, haha. You going to go up to the San Fran game?

Have you been to either place as a fan rooting on the visiting team (Bears)?

I've never been to Seattle...

SF, love the city, but hate most the sports fans. They are among the worse IMO. There are good ones, but too many are bad.

I'm either going to the Seattle or SF game. I love the city of Seattle so I'm leaning toward that game.

Have you been to either place as a fan rooting on the visiting team (Bears)?

I've never been to Seattle...

SF, love the city, but hate most the sports fans. They are among the worse IMO. There are good ones, but too many are bad.

No. I've seen the Bears play in 2 places- Indy and Cincy (and Chicago).

This is definitely a great post and I have to agree with everyone here. I am so jones-ing for football season to get here again that I could care less for the moment about baseball. Granted hockey has gotten exciting this year and basketball some how is surprising however, getting Cutler has changed the dynamics of this team ten-fold. I am as well looking to obtain a Cutler jersey for myself which is an amazing thing. I usually prefer old school players like Payton, Butkas, Singletary et al that I am playing with eBay to get my Cutler jersey for opening day.