I say at least 11-5 this year,

Wesson44

The NFL regular-season schedule will be revealed at 6 p.m. (CT) Tuesday on NFL Network and NFL.com. At the same time, the Bears’ schedule will be posted on ChicagoBears.com. We already know that the Bears will open the season Sept. 13 on NBC’s Sunday Night Football against the Packers at Lambeau Field. In addition to home and road games against NFC North rivals Detroit, Green Bay and Minnesota, the Bears will host Arizona, Cleveland, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and St. Louis; and visit Atlanta, Baltimore, Cincinnati, San Francisco and Seattle. The Bears have the easiest schedule in the league in 2009, based on their opponents having a .414 winning percentage in 2008. That number is so low because the Bears face the Lions (0-16) twice and also play the Rams (2-14), Seahawks (4-12), Browns (4-12) and Bengals (4-11-1). The Bears are also the only NFL team that plays all four of last year’s conference finalists: Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Arizona and Philadelphia. Interestingly, the Bears don’t play any team whose original pick is between 11 and 20 in the first round of the draft. Their games next season are against opponents who have picks 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 21, 22, 24, 26, 31 and 32

Cardinals, Steelers, Packers (x2), Vikings (x2), Eagles, 49ers, Seahawks, Ravens, and Falcons are mostly gonna be tougher games and far from sure things. If we lose to anyone, it better be a team on this list. That's 11 games, so if we can go at least 6-5 against these opponents, and win the games we should, we can go 11-5.

We don't have the toughest schedule, but is is far from an easy one. Using last year's win-lose is a garbage way to determine how tough a schedule is.

Cardinals, Steelers, Packers (x2), Vikings (x2), Eagles, 49ers, Seahawks, Ravens, and Falcons are mostly gonna be tougher games and far from sure things. If we lose to anyone, it better be a team on this list. That's 11 games, so if we can go at least 6-5 against these opponents, and win the games we should, we can go 11-5.

We don't have the toughest schedule, but is is far from an easy one. Using last year's win-lose is a garbage way to determine how tough a schedule is.

Completely agreed. And I think the Bears will go 7-4 or 8-3 against the teams you listed. With any luck whatsoever, that puts the Bears at 12-4 or 13-3 in my book.

It is going to be interesting to see how the whole season play out however, I definitely agree that we will win the division and then the rest of it all depends on how everyone's health is. I am able to see at minimum 10-6 and probably 11-5 and hopefully a home field play-off game. I think the addition of Cutler and Pace has definitely helped us to have a far better team then what I first thought we would have.

Of that list, I would guess that we either sweep the Packers or split, that we split with the Vikings, and that we beat the Eagles, Seahawks, Niners, and Falcons. I'm not confident at all that we could beat the Ravens, Steelers, or Cards, and I think we'll almost certainly lose one out of two to the Vikings. So I'm thinking it's 7-4, maybe 6-5 if we can't beat the Packers twice.

Still, there's no reason in the world that the Bears can't beat the Bengals, Browns, Rams, and the Lions, so that leaves us at either 12-4 or 11-5, depending on the Green Bay games. I'm OK with that.

Of that list, I would guess that we either sweep the Packers or split, that we split with the Vikings, and that we beat the Eagles, Seahawks, Niners, and Falcons. I'm not confident at all that we could beat the Ravens, Steelers, or Cards, and I think we'll almost certainly lose one out of two to the Vikings. So I'm thinking it's 7-4, maybe 6-5 if we can't beat the Packers twice.

Still, there's no reason in the world that the Bears can't beat the Bengals, Browns, Rams, and the Lions, so that leaves us at either 12-4 or 11-5, depending on the Green Bay games. I'm OK with that.

I'm not so sure why we couldn't beat ARZ or PIT. PIT is going to be tough to make an argument for, but we are very good at home and I'm going to guess this will be a night game. ARZ struggled on the road last year as well as the cold, and I'm going to guess this will be a night game as well. If this game is at night and/or in November or December, I'll chalk this up as a win.

Nevertheless, I'm very anxious for tonight as the schedule comes out. Greeny on M&M thinks we'll have plenty of primetime games which is always awesome.

On any given Sunday really, but don't count the eggs before they're hatched... Pit should and probably will beat us as they are a better overall team.

For AZ ,we probably will be favored, and probably should win. But let's not forget how pourous our pass D was and how great the likes of Fitz and Bouldin are. This could end up as a shoot-out game like the old Ken O'Brien v. Dan Marino games of old...

I'll be super curious how Smith decides to right the ship on D. I expect better D line play w/ Marinelli, but I have no idea about the LB's and secondary. We'll see if Smith is worth his price.

I'm not so sure why we couldn't beat ARZ or PIT. PIT is going to be tough to make an argument for, but we are very good at home and I'm going to guess this will be a night game. ARZ struggled on the road last year as well as the cold, and I'm going to guess this will be a night game as well. If this game is at night and/or in November or December, I'll chalk this up as a win.

Nevertheless, I'm very anxious for tonight as the schedule comes out. Greeny on M&M thinks we'll have plenty of primetime games which is always awesome.

On any given Sunday really, but don't count the eggs before they're hatched... Pit should and probably will beat us as they are a better overall team.

For AZ ,we probably will be favored, and probably should win. But let's not forget how pourous our pass D was and how great the likes of Fitz and Bouldin are. This could end up as a shoot-out game like the old Ken O'Brien v. Dan Marino games of old...

You pretty much nailed it. Pittsburgh is an all-around superior team. I love the Bears, but you've got to admit it'd be an upset if we beat the Steelers.

As for the Cards, you're right again: their passing game is what makes me think we can't beat them. We had trouble stopping Brian Griese throwing to Antonio Bryant and Ike Hilliard last season; what's going to happen when that same secondary, minus Mike Brown, has to stop Kurt Warner throwing to Larry Fitz and Anquan Boldin? Unless we find an absolute gem of a free safety in this draft AND Vasher steps back up, a team like Arizona is going to throw all over us.

As for the Cards, you're right again: their passing game is what makes me think we can't beat them. We had trouble stopping Brian Griese throwing to Antonio Bryant and Ike Hilliard last season; what's going to happen when that same secondary, minus Mike Brown, has to stop Kurt Warner throwing to Larry Fitz and Anquan Boldin? Unless we find an absolute gem of a free safety in this draft AND Vasher steps back up, a team like Arizona is going to throw all over us.

Or, the Bears could do like the Bears are supposed to do, have Harris breaking through up the middle all day, have Ogun and Brown and Anderson get in a few hits from the outside, so that Warner is always rushed and is never making a comfortable throw, while Cutler puts up a 40 spot on the Arizona defense.

Unfortunately, we're 2 years removed from when that was happening on a regular basis. I hope we can return to form!

Or, the Bears could do like the Bears are supposed to do, have Harris breaking through up the middle all day, have Ogun and Brown and Anderson get in a few hits from the outside, so that Warner is always rushed and is never making a comfortable throw, while Cutler puts up a 40 spot on the Arizona defense.

Which is why I say that I'll take our chances in a shootout in Chicago in potentially cold and/or windy conditions. :cheers