Sun. 29 @ Vikings 12:00 PM WBBM FOX

December

Sun. 6 RAMS 12:00 PM WBBM FOX

Sun. 13 PACKERS 12:00 PM WBBM FOX

Sun. 20 @ Ravens 12:00 PM WBBM FOX

Mon. 28 VIKINGS 7:30 PM WBBM ESPN

January

Sun. 3 @ Lions 12:00 PM WBBM FOX

3 home games in December should be fun. The Rams and Vikes are going to be hating life. Week 5 is the Bye. I wish we had it a little later in the season.

We have a weak schedule, but the start could be rough, just given where we play. Seattle is better than they were a year ago and the first three games will be tough. Any game in GB is tough, any game against defending SB champs is tough, and a game all the way out in Seattle will surely be tough (especially for an oline that will likely still be gelling).

I basically look at this franchise, and think nothing will come easy! But, no pain, no gain!

We have a weak schedule, but the start could be rough, just given where we play. Seattle is better than they were a year ago and the first three games will be tough. Any game in GB is tough, any game against defending SB champs is tough, and a game all the way out in Seattle will surely be tough (especially for an oline that will likely still be gelling).

Oh and the heck with a schedule, super bowl teams find ways to win, tough schedule or not. Bears want this, they'll have to show up for each and every game, which is something they haven't exactly done the past couple years.

Ain't that the sad truth? :notworthy

This schedule isn't easy boys. The ranking is thrown way off because we get to play the Lyin's twice. There isn't anything easy about it beyond the 0-32 the Lyin's represent. If we win 10 or 11 games in that schedule we'll have earned every bit of our playoff berth.

Mark my words, the problem with this year's team is going to be defense. Our secondary isn't strong and we can't rush the passer. We'll be scoring more which will help our D but I'm worried we let that side of the ball get old and we've hung our hat on Tommy in the middle who, quite frankly, ain't git'n er done.

Some random thoughts on each team,

1 Sep 13 CHI @ GB - W

Always a tough matchup, and while I hate our going against a 3-4 out of the gate, I at the same time think it unlikely GB will be gelling in their new defensive scheme so early, and feel this is a great start for us.

2 Sep 20 PIT @ CHI - L

Its nice to be at home, but this is a tough game.

3 Sep 27 CHI @ SEA - W

Seattle may be a better team this year than last. Last year, they suffered w/ many injuries, but w/ Hassel back and w/ better weapons, this will be a tougher matchup than Seattle's previous 4-12 record would otherwise expect.

4 Oct 04 DET @ CHI W

May not be as bad as last year, but hey, they are still Detroit.

5 Bye

6 Oct 18 CHI @ ATL - W

Atlanta is a good team, and could improve further in 2009, but getting them after a bye week could be a huge boost.

7 Oct 25 CHI @ CIN - W

Another team which should be far better than their 2008 record. 2008, they were w/o Palmer, but he should be back.

8 Nov 01 CLE @ CHI - W

I just do not see Cle being a good team this year. Big questions at QB, lost maybe their best offensive weapon in Winslow and may yet lose Edwards. Defense could improve some in 2009, but their offense could take three steps backward.

9 Nov 08 ARI @ CHI - L

Az should be a good team again, but getting them at home, and forcing their playmakers to play on our sod is a big help. Now, can we make it rain too?

10 Nov 12 CHI @ SF - W

There will be plenty of hype due to Singletary, but SF is simply not a very good team, and has many holes they are unlikely to fill before 2009.

11 Nov 22 PHI @ CHI - W

Phily will be solid once again, but they are not what they once were. D is aging and lost a leader in Dawkins

12 Nov 29 CHI @ MIN - L

Huge matchup, but we are in much better shape to play Miny w/ an improved offense and a better coached defense.

13 Dec 06 STL @ CHI - W

Stl is a bad team, and may get no more wins in 2009 than in 2008.

14 Dec 13 GB @ CHI - W

This should be fun, and a tough game.

15 Dec 20 CHI @ BAL - L

Another tough game, and I see this one being physical. Should have playoff ramifications.

16 Dec 28 MIN @ CHI - W

gotta love Minny having to play us this time of the year in Chicago. AP slips on his arce trying to cut in the snow on our turf. Entire Minny team dreams of being back in their dome.

17 Jan 03 CHI @ DET - W

Nice to end the year w/ a bye week. Likely win this game playing only our 2nd string. starters not only get a break this week, but will have an extended rest period as we will have bye in the 1st round of the playoffs.

12-4 record and a 1st round bye in the playoffs.

While I am not saying our schedule is as easy as last year's winning percentages would indicate, I think the reason most feel our schedule is rather easy goes beyond the 0-16 Kittens.

The Rams only had 2 wins.

We also have Seattle, Cle and Cincy, who each had a total of 4 wins. I think Seattle and Cincy will be better this year w/ their QBs healthy, but neither look to be that great. Cle could be worse this year than last.

The schedule may not be easy, but I would point out the reason many are calling it the easiest goes beyond just Detroit.

This schedule isn't easy boys. The ranking is thrown way off because we get to play the Lyin's twice. There isn't anything easy about it beyond the 0-32 the Lyin's represent. If we win 10 or 11 games in that schedule we'll have earned every bit of our playoff berth.

Mark my words, the problem with this year's team is going to be defense. Our secondary isn't strong and we can't rush the passer. We'll be scoring more which will help our D but I'm worried we let that side of the ball get old and we've hung our hat on Tommy in the middle who, quite frankly, ain't git'n er done.

I think one thing that makes our opponents winning percentage also deceiving is that there are no weightings for the fact that play all 4 teams from the conference championships last year.

So where do we rank if 3-1 is added for the Cardinals, 2-1 for the Ravens, 3-0 for the Steelers, and 2-1 is added for the Eagles? What's the winning percentage then?

So we go from 105-149-2 to 115-152-2 for a .430 winning percentage which bump us to 30th. ;)