Lions agree with Stafford

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Guest TerraTor
6 years, $41.7 million. All of it guaranteed.

per ESPNnews.

Mortensen also says that Tyson Jackson to KC at #3 is a lock.

Stafford is gonna be a total corpse by week 6........

Stafford is gonna be a total corpse by week 6........

Wrong I bet he's not even playing until after week 6. They'll go with Culpepper the first half of the season and let Stafford learn a bit. Once the season is over (say 0-8) then bring in the rookie off the bench. By then they'll have had time to fix pass protection issues.

Best case yet for a rookie pay scale.

That is ignorant. Russel was the previous top paid rookie (in terms of guaranteed money) at $32m (Long took less last year w/ only $30m)

But to come in and give Stafford nearly $10m more guaranteed than the previous top paid? Are you kidding me. Not only that, but this deal soars past Manning. I remember thinking, when Russel signed, that at least he was not the top paid QB in the league, as Manning was signed for more, but now a rookie QB is getting a great guaranteed portion than Manning, Brady, Manning (other one), Rothlisberger. Take your pick.

The money being given to these rookies has just gotten so ridiculous that I wonder if any but the agents will fight it. I mean, the NFLPAs does not represent the kids in the draft, as they are not yet in the NFL. They represent veterans, who get hosed by these rookie deals.

IMHO, it is a lock a salary scale will be put into place. What I am real curious to see is how great of a drop we see.

6 years, $41.7 million. All of it guaranteed.

per ESPNnews.

Mortensen also says that Tyson Jackson to KC at #3 is a lock.