Michael Johnson?

nfoligno

Talking w/ a fellow bear fan, and he brought up Michael Johnson. At one time, we seemed to be tied to MJ w/ our top pick. Since then we traded away our pick, but also, MJ seems to have slip. I told him I do not think he will slide all the way to our pick, but his arrow does seem to be pointing down as Kiper, McShay and Mayock all have him falling past us.

Anyway, what are ya'lls thoughts. Top two knocks on him appear to be that he is still a bit raw and he may never be great against the run. At the same time, he would appear to be an ideal fit for us. We have a scheme that places speed above run stoppers. We have one of the top DL coaches in the league. Oh yea, and one of the players MJ has most often been compared to is Simeon Rice, who Marinelli coached and helped take his game to another level. Finally, w/ Brown and Wale already in the starting lineup, MJ would have time to develolp before getting thrown in, but could also play on pass rush downs as a rookie.

If Nicks or Robiskie are there, I still want one of them. I also still like Rashad Johnson. But more and more, I wonder if we may not be looking at DL w/ our top pick, and the more I read about MJ, the more it seems he would be a prime pick for Angelo, Lovie and Marinelli.

Get Johnson and Wallace in the next round and I'd be thrilled. Both could bust out, but you could be getting two impact players at need positions.

I have a hard time believing he would slip out of the first 1/2 of the 2nd RD, but if he's there it's a no brainer. My Big board would be: Nicks, MJohnson, Robiskie, Delmas, RJohnson, W.Moore.

I've been hearing whispers that the Bears are eyeing up William Moore S Miz and are looking more into what he accomplished his junior year. If he performed at that level his senior year, he would have been a RD1-15 player. Injuries held him back, so the Bears may change their mind on him since JA said they will take that into more consideration.