Lot of player we like still on the board

nfoligno

While some are not sure about drafting a DT early 3rd, I think it worth pointing out that, other than maybe Michael Johnson, I think any of the players many here wanted w/ that early 3rd are still on the board. The way this is going, I think one or more of the WRs we might have liked (Iglesias, Murphy, Barden, etc) will still be there at the end of round 3. Also, several OL (Duke, Merideth) are still there. Sidbury is still on the board.

Gilbert was not going to last much longer, but others we may want look like they will.

Plus, if we want (for example) a WR and a run begins, we have the ammo to move up and get one.

While some are not sure about drafting a DT early 3rd, I think it worth pointing out that, other than maybe Michael Johnson, I think any of the players many here wanted w/ that early 3rd are still on the board. The way this is going, I think one or more of the WRs we might have liked (Iglesias, Murphy, Barden, etc) will still be there at the end of round 3. Also, several OL (Duke, Merideth) are still there. Sidbury is still on the board.

Gilbert was not going to last much longer, but others we may want look like they will.

Plus, if we want (for example) a WR and a run begins, we have the ammo to move up and get one.

8 picks left in this draft and 2 are right around the corner, so you're 100% right. We'll get a lot of value but I sure hope the next 4 picks aren't DT's. :)

LOL. Honestly though, using a bit of hindsight, it appeas if we went w/ a WR or most other players (other than Michael Johnson) w/ our early 3rd pick, it would have been a reach.

I just look at the way the 3rd has gone, and to me, it is obvious Gilbert was going to go off the board soon, while others we like are continuing to fall.

8 picks left in this draft and 2 are right around the corner, so you're 100% right. We'll get a lot of value but I sure hope the next 4 picks aren't DT's. :)

LOL. Honestly though, using a bit of hindsight, it appeas if we went w/ a WR or most other players (other than Michael Johnson) w/ our early 3rd pick, it would have been a reach.

I just look at the way the 3rd has gone, and to me, it is obvious Gilbert was going to go off the board soon, while others we like are continuing to fall.

There is all kinds of information on players and we all have opinions based on what we gather, but its there job to pick these players, so I am going to trust them on how they have there board arranged. This was a descent pick, and we will see. The players I wanted are still there, so maybe I will still be happy.

if we can get rashad johnson/moore with our 99 and then Iglesias or Louis Murphy with the 4th pick in the 4th round...i'll be really happy

the best drafting team in the league is NE and they trade down to these rounds and take players nobody has heard of and are successful. These are the best rounds for us finding players, so I could be very happy with these picks, just maybe not today.

We got him with our 98th pick and alot of us here wanted him at 49, plus we have an extra pick.

Yep, makes that trade look real good, imo. And we have this extra pick here. We got excellent value with each of our 3rd round selections today. You could argue that Iglesias was similar value to the WR's we would have taken in the 2nd round (as they all tended to grade out similarly by most draft experts). Now what else do we get. We might just find our starting safety because we made that deal. I love it. Or for those clamoring DUke is always there but every year there are a few guys like this that fall and afll and fall and than it usually turns out that they fell for a reason. Than again, Alex Brown fell and fell and fell and we got him and it was a steal for us :)