UDFA Signees Thread

BearSox

Wow! Dude has some guns! Makes Thomas Jones looke like Eric Foreman!

Tyrell Fenroy looks pretty jacked:

TYRELLFENROY250_1028AP.JPG

In the video I saw of him, he looks more quick and shifty though, and he's actually around 205-210 lbs., but he doesn't shy away from contact. I love it when you see a player with the cowboy collar. Usually those guys like to knock people out.

I'm impressed. Some good pancakes in there...

I think Ta'ufo'ou has a shot at making the team ahead of McKie. I would have prefered Southerland, but I like Ta'ufo'ou. He's his highlight tape...

The only think I'm not a big fan of is all the cut blocks. I'd prefer to see him pancake people, but he might have been told to cut block instead.

I'm impressed. Some good pancakes in there...

Yeah, he did use a lot of cut blocks, but they were usually in open space. That makes sense: if you're a pure blocking FB trying to get a block on a DB or outside linebacker, you're not necessarily going to be able to get a hand on him. It's probably a safer move to throw the cut block there. You can see that on inside runs he usually latches on with his hands and just shoves the defender out of the hole.

I think Ta'ufo'ou and Fenroy could both be really nice pickups. I like the Chase Patton signing, too. Missouri's coaches said he threw a prettier deep ball than Chase Daniel - really the only knock on him is that he only throws well with his feet set, which makes him less than ideal for Missouri's spread. A rollout, scrambling passer like Daniel is better for their system, but Patton could easily be the better pro QB. He could have a real shot to beat out Basanez and Hanie as Cutler's backup.

I hear ya.

I think the bottom line is that mcKie gets sent packing and one of these young guys steps in and steps it up!

Thanks for the info on the QB's...I really haave no info on them.

Yeah, he did use a lot of cut blocks, but they were usually in open space. That makes sense: if you're a pure blocking FB trying to get a block on a DB or outside linebacker, you're not necessarily going to be able to get a hand on him. It's probably a safer move to throw the cut block there. You can see that on inside runs he usually latches on with his hands and just shoves the defender out of the hole.

I think Ta'ufo'ou and Fenroy could both be really nice pickups. I like the Chase Patton signing, too. Missouri's coaches said he threw a prettier deep ball than Chase Daniel - really the only knock on him is that he only throws well with his feet set, which makes him less than ideal for Missouri's spread. A rollout, scrambling passer like Daniel is better for their system, but Patton could easily be the better pro QB. He could have a real shot to beat out Basanez and Hanie as Cutler's backup.