Passing game who's who's?

Wesson44

Now that we have the next coming of Sid luckman in Jay Cutler who is going to make the roster out of our WR and be the man? Who will step up and who do you think we will keep? We have 10 WR on the roster.

Devin Aromashoud 6'2 201 ??????

Earl Bennett 6'0 203

John Broussard 6'1 176 cut

Rashied Davis 5'9 187 ?????

Devin Hester 5'11 190

Juaqin Iglesias 6'0 210

Derek Kinder 6'1 210

Johnny Knox 5'11 185

Eric Peterman 6'1 200 PS

Brandon Rideau 6'3 198 ??????

Devin Aromashoud 6'2 201 ?????? PS -- will be the looser among Kinder / Iglesias

Earl Bennett 6'0 203 -- will be involved from the get go

Rashied Davis 5'9 187 ????? CUT

Devin Hester 5'11 190 ??? #Primary Target

Juaqin Iglesias 6'0 210 -- will be worked into the rotation early

Derek Kinder 6'1 210 -- will make the squad as he proves he is healthy again

Johnny Knox 5'11 185 -- Will provide some big plays as a rookie

Eric Peterman 6'1 200 PS agreed

Brandon Rideau 6'3 198 ?????? -- Cracks the starting rotation

I really like this young group of WR's especially since we revamped OL and got a pro bowl QB!

Now we just need to get some chemistry and good play from our hopeful new FB: Lance Louis to pave the way for Forte and Company.

Now that we have the next coming of Sid luckman in Jay Cutler who is going to make the roster out of our WR and be the man? Who will step up and who do you think we will keep? We have 10 WR on the roster.

Devin Aromashoud 6'2 201 ??????

Earl Bennett 6'0 203

Rashied Davis 5'9 187 ?????

Devin Hester 5'11 190

Juaqin Iglesias 6'0 210

Derek Kinder 6'1 210

Johnny Knox 5'11 185

Eric Peterman 6'1 200 PS

Brandon Rideau 6'3 198 ??????

I think the guy stepping up will be Bennett. However, let me add here that if he does become our reliable underneath receiver it will help Hester in a big way. Point is Hester could end up with the bigger numbers because of his deep speed but Bennett could be the guy that makes it all work with reliable short routes and consistent hands.

WR corps in 09:

Bennett

Hester

Davis (will stick because of experience)

Iglesias

Knox (unless he is a total bust and deserves to be cut he won't stick on the practice squad without someone else picking him up).

Kinder to practice squad

I don't see Bears keeping 6 WR especially with our DB situation so unsettled. Players like Melton and Louis could also force an extra lineman on the roster compared to what he carried last year.

I think the guy stepping up will be Bennett. However, let me add here that if he does become our reliable underneath receiver it will help Hester in a big way. Point is Hester could end up with the bigger numbers because of his deep speed but Bennett could be the guy that makes it all work with reliable short routes and consistent hands.

WR corps in 09:

Bennett

Hester

Davis (will stick because of experience)

Iglesias

Knox (unless he is a total bust and deserves to be cut he won't stick on the practice squad without someone else picking him up).

Kinder to practice squad

I don't see Bears keeping 6 WR especially with our DB situation so unsettled. Players like Melton and Louis could also force an extra lineman on the roster compared to what he carried last year.

I hate Davis' drops, but I think you're right, he'll stay as a slot receiver until Bennett or Iglesias beats him out, which should happen sometime in the 2009 season. I'd be OK with keeping 6 receivers, if only so we could have Rideau on the roster. He looked like a legitimate red-zone target in preseason last year, and I think we need at least one wideout who can win a jump ball in the endzone. I'd like to see:

Bennett

Hester

Davis

Iglesias

Rideau

Knox/Kinder (if Kinder really steps it up, maybe he beats Knox out for the sixth receiver spot. Loser goes to the practice squad, then gets activated when we cut Davis.)