Just sayin'...

madlithuanian

I'm freaking geeked up for this season!

I honestly do not know how I will be able to wait until August!

WE HAVE CUTLER!!!!

ME too!!!!!!!! IMHO last year we were 9-7 with Orton and Hester/Forte this year we will be at least 11-5 with Cutler and Forte and Hester/J.I.

Guest TerraTor
ME too!!!!!!!! IMHO last year we were 9-7 with Orton and Hester/Forte this year we will be at least 11-5 with Cutler and Forte and Hester/J.I.

Not to be Johnny Raincloud here, but i still dont know who is gonna be catching the ball outside of Olsen.

Said in another thread, but will say here as well.

I do not think we finish the year w/ a single receiver w/ as many as 80 catches, but at the same time, I do think we could see 4 or 5 recievers w/ 50+. While we do not have that single, elite playmaker like Marshall, I think we may well have quantity on the roster this year. I see a season where Cutler really spreads the ball around. We may not have that one receiver that creates huge matchup problems for defenses, but may have a situation where we have enough solid targets that a defense could struggle to defend just the same.

Also, I think the combo of (a) better OL pass protection (B) solid rushing threat and © QB known for his ability to move around and buy time and (d) a QB with a dangerous arm, will open things up down field. Olsen no longer will be limited to short, quicker throws, and can finally use the downfield ability he was drafted for. Hester can not only be sent deep, but have a QB w/ the ability to put it in his hands. And then there is Knox, who also provides that deep play threat. And, different from in the past, we can add solid short passing to partner w/ the downfield ability. In Iglesias, Bennett and Clark, we have solid short to mid range potential, which could be truly opened up w/ the deep threats.

I just see great potential to spread the ball around. We may not have that one truly elite WR, but have so many potential threats that we create defensive mismatches just the same.

Not to be Johnny Raincloud here, but i still dont know who is gonna be catching the ball outside of Olsen.

I do not think we finish the year w/ a single receiver w/ as many as 80 catches, but at the same time, I do think we could see 4 or 5 recievers w/ 50+.

I disagree. Someone will "emerge". Solid QB makes average WR's a lot better. Great WR's can improve good QB's but won't really help mediocre or bad ones.

Hey, I agree that solid or great QBs make average WRs a lot better. I am counting on that fact. But I have to ask:

(a) When you say "emerge" what do you mean. Are you saying one of our WRs enters pro bowl territory? Are we talking about 90-100 catches or 1,400 yards? What do you mean by "emerge"

(B) Who do you expect to "emerge"?

I have a hard time seeing Hester becoming a 100 catch receiver. While I think he has playmaking ability, I think he lacks the consistency to knotch such high catch numbers. While I would like to see a rookie (and Bennett may as well be a rookie) do it, I am not sure I can see it. I realize Royal had 90 catches, but he was also playing opposite Marshall, and I do not see Cutler throwing the ball 600+ times for us.

IMHO, when I say I can see 4 or 5 WRs w/ 50+ catches, I am in fact saying several WRs will emerge. Since Hester is the only WR w/ an NFL catch (I am not counting Davis as I think he will be relegated to special teams mostly), my statement thus implies not one, but at least two players who have never caught an NFL pass will go from zero catches to 50+. I would call that "emerging".

I think Hester could emerge as a playmaker, and end up w/ impressive yardage and ypc numbers, but I just do not see him as a 90-100 catch WR.

The only player who I could see "emerge" in the sense of high catch numbers is Olsen, as he may well have that potential, and has 54 catch season to build from. At the same time, I think we will continue to rotate w/ Clark, and w/ more talent at WR, see the ball spread around more. Thus, while I think Olsen may well emerge as a threat, I do not see him entering Gate/Gonzalez/Winslow statistical territory.

Hey, I would love it if one of our receivers (WR or TE) stepped up to enter the elite territory. I just feel it is more likely we see multiple receivers step up this year, but no one player stepping up to the elite range.

I disagree. Someone will "emerge". Solid QB makes average WR's a lot better. Great WR's can improve good QB's but won't really help mediocre or bad ones.

I follow your logic.

Makes sense to me...unless something oddly clicks real hard with one of the WR's.

Said in another thread, but will say here as well.

I do not think we finish the year w/ a single receiver w/ as many as 80 catches, but at the same time, I do think we could see 4 or 5 recievers w/ 50+. While we do not have that single, elite playmaker like Marshall, I think we may well have quantity on the roster this year. I see a season where Cutler really spreads the ball around. We may not have that one receiver that creates huge matchup problems for defenses, but may have a situation where we have enough solid targets that a defense could struggle to defend just the same.

Also, I think the combo of (a) better OL pass protection (B) solid rushing threat and © QB known for his ability to move around and buy time and (d) a QB with a dangerous arm, will open things up down field. Olsen no longer will be limited to short, quicker throws, and can finally use the downfield ability he was drafted for. Hester can not only be sent deep, but have a QB w/ the ability to put it in his hands. And then there is Knox, who also provides that deep play threat. And, different from in the past, we can add solid short passing to partner w/ the downfield ability. In Iglesias, Bennett and Clark, we have solid short to mid range potential, which could be truly opened up w/ the deep threats.

I just see great potential to spread the ball around. We may not have that one truly elite WR, but have so many potential threats that we create defensive mismatches just the same.

I said we had have Cutler last year?

Don't think so. In fact, check the history here... Nfo and I were both inferring last year would be a struggle and I went so far to call it a quasi re-build. My glass was half empty. Now, it's overfolwing!

:cheers

We said the same thing last year.

Hey, I agree that solid or great QBs make average WRs a lot better. I am counting on that fact. But I have to ask:

(a) When you say "emerge" what do you mean. Are you saying one of our WRs enters pro bowl territory? Are we talking about 90-100 catches or 1,400 yards? What do you mean by "emerge"

(B) Who do you expect to "emerge"?

I don't know who. Someone will have 80 to 100 catches on this team, however. And I wouldn't be surprised to see two guys in this territory. Cutler will get comfortable with a limited number of guys in his first season and they'll become his focus. That's my prediction.

I don't know who. Someone will have 80 to 100 catches on this team, however. And I wouldn't be surprised to see two guys in this territory. Cutler will get comfortable with a limited number of guys in his first season and they'll become his focus. That's my prediction.

That's an interesting thought. I think Hetser and Olsen will be the guys. I'd love to see them both get 70+ apiece. I just see either of them going 90+.

11-5? Are you crazy Wesson!?

16-0!!!!

:dabears

LOL....well that should have said at least 11-5. I would love to go 16-0 and be the toast of the NFL but I don't want to drink too much Kool-aid to fast it's a long season so I have to pace myself to fight off all these Bear haters!!! My wife is from I hate to say this one the board by she is from Pittsburg and will not let me live the "one for the thumb" down