Are we kicking he tires?

Wesson44

Agent: At least two teams interested in Burress

by Staten Island Advance

Friday May 15, 2009, 4:02 PM

Drew Rosenhaus, the agent for former Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress, reported on his Twitter page that at least two NFL teams are interested in signing Burress. (AP)

Former Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress has drawn interest from at least two NFL teams his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, reported on his Twitter page on Friday. Burress, who is embroiled in a legal storm following an accidental shooting inside a Manhattan night club, was released by the club in April.

"Ran wind sprints with Plaxico Burress," Rosenhaus wrote on Friday. "There are at least 2 teams that are very serious about signing him so he has stayed in great shape."

He then updated Burress' status later in the afternoon, writing:

"Plaxico got a call from an NFL head coach yesterday and he will be meeting with senior NFL executives in the near future."

It's pure speculation as to which teams have spoken with Rosenhaus about Burress, but the Jets did kick the tires right around the draft, and RotoWorld.com is saying that another possible team could be the Chicago Bears, who just acquired strong-armed QB Jay Cutler and are in need of a deep threat for him.

Rosenputz is the same drillrod who called his client, Willis McGahee, during the draft to make it appear he was on with an interested team. He will do anything and say anything to get his client the most money possible. I think he is full of sh...

Regardless, I am not interested. We have no idea how long Plexiglass will be in jail and what the NFL will do to him afterwards.

Peace :dabears

No we do not need to. Thats all we need is this moron teaching our young receivers how to shoot themselves in the leg.

We need mentors, not morons.

Great point. I will agree that we could use a veteran but I would not be opposed to going into camp with what we have now, mainly because our QB and Oline situation is better than it was last year. Plus our QB loves to throw while on the run, and he has proven to be very dangerous while throwing on the run.