Bears player ratings in Madden 2010

defiantgiant

Here they are. Remember that they're downgrading almost everybody in the league pretty drastically. The goal is to eliminate the problem in previous Maddens where every halfway-decent starter had to be at least in the high 80s. This year the range of ratings for starters is going to be something more like 70-100, instead of 85- or 90-100.

Here they are. Remember that they're downgrading almost everybody in the league pretty drastically. The goal is to eliminate the problem in previous Maddens where every halfway-decent starter had to be at least in the high 80s. This year the range of ratings for starters is going to be something more like 70-100, instead of 85- or 90-100.

I thought Knox was supposed to have great hands and speed so what is up with a 72 rating for his hands and a 94 in speed.

How is Forte's strength so slow? He played all 16 games as a rookie.

That isn't a function of strength in Madden, it's a function of the stamina and injury ratings. Forte's got 99 stamina and 95 injury, which he deserves, since he put the offense on his back last year and was really only nicked up in the last 2 games.

One thing that should definitely be higher is his Carrying stat: he's at an 89. Carrying defines how likely a running back is to fumble, and you could make the argument that there's only one guy in the league better in that regard than Forte. Forte carried 316 times and only fumbled once. Nobody else in the league with over 300 carries had fewer than 3 fumbles. Madden superstar Adrian Peterson had a whopping 9 fumbles. The one guy who's probably better than Forte at protecting the ball is Ladanian Tomlinson, who carried 292 times and did not fumble. I'm willing to bet his Carrying rating is MUCH higher than 89.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with Forte's rating this year - he's rated significantly higher than guys like Ryan Grant (85) and Kevin Smith (80) and just below the really big-name guys. I think he probably deserves a 90 or a 91, but maybe he'll get updated midseason if he performs like he did last year.

Where's Pisa?