Tex Grossman

madlithuanian

Are you kidding. I have had this argument before, and just will not let it go.

The defense gave up 22 points to one of the best offenses in the league.

The great Payton Manning was held to one TD. and as I recall, one big play (a blown coverage). At the same time, the QB who doesn't turn it over threw one pick, as well as putting another on the ground. This was a team that didn't turn the ball over, and yet our D forced 3 turnovers.

On the other side though, no matter what our D did, it just didn't seem to matter. The offense just couldn't do crap, and continued to turn it over, again and again. Rex tossed a pair of picks, and put another on the ground. Benson fumbled another away, and add yet one more from special teams. FIVE TURNOVERS!

How many defenses over-come 5 freaking turnovers, particularly against an elite offense?

Our defense was facing an elite offense. Our offense was not facing an elite defense, yet made them look all-world.

I am not saying the D played great, but PLEASE don't try to say Rex didn't play horrible in the SB, or try to push it all on the D.

Not to mention the fact that Rex bobbled one or two more snaps that pretty much ruined other drives. There is no way anyone can pin the Super Bowl loss on the Defense. Doing so is utterly ridiculous.