Another WR to consider

Stinger226

With all the talk about tools like Burress, jail time up in the air, Matt Jones, drug problems following him, and Marshall, women abuser, how about someone normal? These three are all talented but have issuses, I would like to throw another name in the hat, Drew Bennett. He is a big guy at 6'5", and doesnt have a criminal record. He has had some lnjuries the last two years, but his three years at Tenn, he averaged 61 receptions, 907 yards and 6 TDs. He has the ability to move the chains, in his last 217 receptions he has 158 first downs. He is not the glamour guy that some of the tools are, but is a vet, has been productive, and capable of having an impact from day 1. We have some younger guys that have yet to prove themselfs and am all for letting giving them the chance but if they fail, we dont have anyone to put in there place. At least with Bennett he has shown some production, and is the big guy we want Rideau and Ingelsis to be. He will come cheap and once training camp begins will give us another option to look at. I think we need a veteran to add to the mix if the younger guys arent ready yet. What do you think?

With all the talk about tools like Burress, jail time up in the air, Matt Jones, drug problems following him, and Marshall, women abuser, how about someone normal? These three are all talented but have issuses, I would like to throw another name in the hat, Drew Bennett. He is a big guy at 6'5", and doesnt have a criminal record. He has had some lnjuries the last two years, but his three years at Tenn, he averaged 61 receptions, 907 yards and 6 TDs. He has the ability to move the chains, in his last 217 receptions he has 158 first downs. He is not the glamour guy that some of the tools are, but is a vet, has been productive, and capable of having an impact from day 1. We have some younger guys that have yet to prove themselfs and am all for letting giving them the chance but if they fail, we dont have anyone to put in there place. At least with Bennett he has shown some production, and is the big guy we want Rideau and Ingelsis to be. He will come cheap and once training camp begins will give us another option to look at. I think we need a veteran to add to the mix if the younger guys arent ready yet. What do you think?

I'd be happy if Chicago brought him in for a look, definitely. It's worrisome that he did close to nothing in St. Louis, but if there's a good explanation for that, we could do worse than giving him a shot. At the very least, he'd give us a big red-zone target.

I'd be happy if Chicago brought him in for a look, definitely. It's worrisome that he did close to nothing in St. Louis, but if there's a good explanation for that, we could do worse than giving him a shot. At the very least, he'd give us a big red-zone target.

I watched a few Rams games and from what I saw they just never used him.