Cutler responds to questions about his maturity

defiantgiant

From the Sun-Times this morning:

"If the varied opinions on the Bears' acquisition of Jay Cutler has bothered the quarterback, he certainly didn't show it Saturday when he made his first Chicago appearance for his foundation working with kids with diabetes.

'I think every quarterback in the NFL has a lot of pressure,' Cutler said. 'Anywhere you go you're going to have pressure. Obviously, Chicago has great fans and great tradition. They expect a lot. And, I expect a lot out of myself. It's going to be a fun year.'

Tony Dungy, Mike Ditka and Rodney Harrison have all questioned Cutler to some degree in recent weeks, and the quarterback had not visited with media since last month.

'I'm fine with everything they said,' Cutler said. 'I haven't played a game here. I'm yet to step on the field and throw a pass. There is a lot of stuff out there and there is a lot of questions. They are all good questions. I think once the season gets going we'll have some answers to some of those. But I'm enjoying it here. I'm having a great time. I'm having a great time with the Chicago Bears. I'm looking forward to the season.'"

If you ask me, Cutler's saying all the right things, telling the media that he welcomes criticism and that he'll prove himself on the field. I definitely think that the questions about his leadership will evaporate the first time he hits Devin Hester for a TD.

From the Sun-Times this morning:

"If the varied opinions on the Bears' acquisition of Jay Cutler has bothered the quarterback, he certainly didn't show it Saturday when he made his first Chicago appearance for his foundation working with kids with diabetes.

'I think every quarterback in the NFL has a lot of pressure,' Cutler said. 'Anywhere you go you're going to have pressure. Obviously, Chicago has great fans and great tradition. They expect a lot. And, I expect a lot out of myself. It's going to be a fun year.'

Tony Dungy, Mike Ditka and Rodney Harrison have all questioned Cutler to some degree in recent weeks, and the quarterback had not visited with media since last month.

'I'm fine with everything they said,' Cutler said. 'I haven't played a game here. I'm yet to step on the field and throw a pass. There is a lot of stuff out there and there is a lot of questions. They are all good questions. I think once the season gets going we'll have some answers to some of those. But I'm enjoying it here. I'm having a great time. I'm having a great time with the Chicago Bears. I'm looking forward to the season.'"

If you ask me, Cutler's saying all the right things, telling the media that he welcomes criticism and that he'll prove himself on the field. I definitely think that the questions about his leadership will evaporate the first time he hits Devin Hester for a TD.

So many people question his maturity but I don't. None of heard anything from him until McDaniels took over and the first thing he wanted to do was replace a Pro Bowl QB who is still very young. I question the maturity of McDaniels.

As he is only 33 year old, and younger than many players on the team, I think that is a fair thing to throw out there.

I too question all the comments on Cutler. I just don't recall reading many (if any) questions about his leadership or maturity while QB'ing the Broncos. Not until McDaniels took over and things happened did he start to display emotions that were questioned.

Do I think he could have handled the situation better? Yes. At the same time, I also simply think it was very understandable for him to be upset w/ the teamm, and feel most "franchise QB" would also be very suspicious of a coach who comes in and immediately looks into making a trade such as Daniels did.

Immagine who Payton Manning (a QB you NEVER hear leadership questioned) would have reacted if a new coach came in and immediately tried to trade for a QB to replace him.

So many people question his maturity but I don't. None of heard anything from him until McDaniels took over and the first thing he wanted to do was replace a Pro Bowl QB who is still very young. I question the maturity of McDaniels.

it was said that under Shanny he was a great teammate and that he was the first to show up and last to leave, just like he is doing for the Bears!!

No one will really know what went on between Cutler and McDouche. I CANT wait until Cutler tears it up and all the naysayers can suck a big fat one!

The starting QB on our SB winner mooned a helicopter after being in the league for 3 years and he was called a character. All I can say is that the 2 QBs taken before him in the draft have much more questionable maturity than he does. Hows Vince Young and Matt Leinart doing?

:headbang

it was said that under Shanny he was a great teammate and that he was the first to show up and last to leave, just like he is doing for the Bears!!

No one will really know what went on between Cutler and McDouche. I CANT wait until Cutler tears it up and all the naysayers can suck a big fat one!

Lets compare how Mike Tomlin handled himself when he got to Pittsburgh following a legendary coach versus Mc Danials.

Tomlin a Tony Dungy disciple ran a 4-3 scheme with a variation of the Cover 2. So he arrives in Steelers camp and sticks with their current 3-4 format that fits most of his personnel that happens to include a couple of pro bowlers and what do you know he has a Super Bowl win a couple of years later.

McDanials OTOH seems to think he was responsible for the development of Tom Brady and Matt Cassell. Isn't there a coach in South Bend Indiana that was credited with Brady's development too? All Denver needed was a running back. They signed 2 guys and drafted Moreno. Add that 2 that WR corp of Marshall, Royal and TE Schefler and you got the makings of a potent offense. I'm not sure why you would mess with that with a castoff QB and a guy who may not have much upside. Orton may be what he is going to be now and nothing more. Sims has never lived up to the hype of his last name. I believe McDanials will follow Crennel, Mangini and Weis as having no success after leaving the real reason New Englands franchise and thats Bill Belechick.