Chiefs agree to terms with Mike Brown

defiantgiant

Per Rotoworld, Kansas City has agreed to terms with Mike Brown.

I'll be sorry to see him in a different uniform, but I hope he has success in K.C. With a very, very young group on defense, Kansas City could benefit a ton from a leader like Brown in the locker room.

I wish him the best of luck. I am curious to see the terms of the deal.

It is amazing that he has only appeared in 36 games over the past 5 years.

I wish him the best of luck. I am curious to see the terms of the deal.

It is amazing that he has only appeared in 36 games over the past 5 years.

I wonder what kind of a career he would have had if his leg hadn't gotten rolled up that one time. That was basically the start of his chronic Achilles/calf/hamstring problems, and his other injuries have been of the freak accident type. We still would have lost him for 2007 (knee) and half of 2006 (Lisfranc fracture), but we would have had him for the playoffs in 2005, which might have been the difference in the Panthers game.

I wonder what kind of a career he would have had if his leg hadn't gotten rolled up that one time. That was basically the start of his chronic Achilles/calf/hamstring problems, and his other injuries have been of the freak accident type. We still would have lost him for 2007 (knee) and half of 2006 (Lisfranc fracture), but we would have had him for the playoffs in 2005, which might have been the difference in the Panthers game.

I agree, if he had a healthy career he very well might have put up HOF stats. He was a tremendous player when healthy and even with his limited career as a starter over the past 5 years still has some remarkable stats. I will never forget the 2 games back to back he scored the winning TD on INTs returned. Doesn't he hold the scoring record for Bears defensive players?

I agree, if he had a healthy career he very well might have put up HOF stats. He was a tremendous player when healthy and even with his limited career as a starter over the past 5 years still has some remarkable stats. I will never forget the 2 games back to back he scored the winning TD on INTs returned. Doesn't he hold the scoring record for Bears defensive players?

He does. Also, he never had the same speed or range after the calf injuries started, and that wasn't his strong suit to begin with. I think he was probably hampered by that injury even when he was listed as healthy. If he'd been the same player (when healthy) since 2004 that he was from 2000-2003, he'd have had a really impressive career.

I hope we're not saying the same thing about Tommie years from now.

Yeah, I really hope they're not snowing everybody about his knee injury from '06. If it's the kind of thing they just have to be careful about, that's fine. Guys play through some chronic injuries and are still productive. But if he's going to keep playing at the diminished level that we saw last season, that's a problem. And I really, really hope he doesn't reinjure it. I think this season will be a big year for Tommie, one way or another.

I just hope we keep him on the speed dial once he retires. He appears to be a natural as a coach...

Per Rotoworld, Kansas City has agreed to terms with Mike Brown.

I'll be sorry to see him in a different uniform, but I hope he has success in K.C. With a very, very young group on defense, Kansas City could benefit a ton from a leader like Brown in the locker room.