Devin Hester Highlights

bradjock

I stumbled across this on you tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBZj5pJNuSA

I've seen it all before, but damn it's fun to watch. Especially about the 5 minute 40 second mark when he circles around and just runs through 5 Viking players like they were spectators.

It's too bad Jeff Joniaks "Windy City Flyer" label never caught on.

Either way, I'd much rather see Hester working at this then becoming a #1 WR.

I'd take him as a #1 WR anyday. Come on. At WR, he could touch the ball 10-13 times a game. On kicks and punts, probably 5-8.

Hard to believe just how frequently he was scoring on returns.. Matched Sayers return TDs in 22 games and under 100 return opportunities. Him not having any TD returns last season made me forget just how unreal that stretch of time was. Prior to Hester we had may a few TD returns in the previous decade or so and in 2 years he sets records. Special teams was no longer a formality it became part of the main event. Last year I think Deven tried to make every one a home run and over thought it a lot. What made him successful at returns was speed and instinct and a well schemed and coached special teams unit. But with his transition to WR his return duties diminishing. With Cutler at QB here's to him once again thrilling us in Bear country. Go long Deven we now have a guy who can get you the ball. I wander how much of Orton's inability to throw long accurately caused Turner to not send Hester long as much but rather trying to get him open in a range that Kyle was more accurate at. In contrast Jay can make all the throws short to long. Let's get it on!!! I want me some Bears Football!!!