Olsen's new role?

AZ54

Yesterday I listened to Lovie's press conference:

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/mul...lip=Y&rn=17

and when he was talking about the WRs (5min mark) he suddenly stopped and said "he's excited to see what Greg Olsen can do in his new role, and his role is changing."

Lovie usually doesn't say anything beyond his usual cliches so for him to go out of his way to mention Olsen like this means there is something to it. What is his new role? Anyone heard about this? Anyone seeing anything at camp? From the Trib video all I've seen so far was that he lined up wide, outside the WR, on one play. Not sure if that means much as he lined up some at WR last year. He played a fair amount of H-back last year too.

If he does take on more of a WR role this year this clearly opens the door to keep 4 TEs. Does it mean we might keep 5 WR?

My guess is his new role is not about where he'll be lining up, but how we'll be looking to get him the ball. Everyone keeps waiting for Hester to be our #1 WR, but I'm thinking it'll be Olsen. That's the only reason I can fathom that we haven't went after another WR. We're going to give Greg every possible chance to shine.

and when he was talking about the WRs (5min mark) he suddenly stopped and said "he's excited to see what Greg Olsen can do in his new role, and his role is changing."

Lovie usually doesn't say anything beyond his usual cliches so for him to go out of his way to mention Olsen like this means there is something to it. What is his new role? Anyone heard about this? Anyone seeing anything at camp? From the Trib video all I've seen so far was that he lined up wide, outside the WR, on one play. Not sure if that means much as he lined up some at WR last year. He played a fair amount of H-back last year too.

If he does take on more of a WR role this year this clearly opens the door to keep 4 TEs. Does it mean we might keep 5 WR?

I'm hoping he becomes a player that creates mismatches for the defense. Put him in motion, slot, H-back and wideout. If you leave Clark at the traditional spot and make Olsen 100% hybrid, you can have them both on the field a greater % of the time. I think they will keep 4 TE's. My thinking is that AP or Wolfe get the axe while keeping 6 WR's.