Harrison to return to practice today?

nfoligno

Jeff Dickerson, ESPN, tweeted that Marcus Harrison was taken off NFLI, and will practice today.

As quick as that went, it seems to me the staff was making a statement to the kid.

This follows the statement Lovie made that Anthony Adams and Dusty were not bemoaning the fact that Harrison wasn't on the field.He also said there was good competition between those two and he better get back out there soon. That was one of the strongest statements I have ever heard Lovie say about any player and during local interviews yesterday he sounded very remorseful and he said he felt embarrassed standing on the sidelines watching his teammates practice.

Part of the reason for weight gain. Just saw this on twitter,

Serious note-marcus harrison's mom battled cancer. One reason for the weight gain.

doesn't excuse it, but i think we can all relate to family issues.

I knew Harrison had mentioned "family issues" a couple times, but honestly, that seems to have become a standard phrase for players these days, and I never know when to believe them. That is sad and skeptical, but the way it is. While hearing this may not totally excuse Harrison, is does go a long way in my book. It doesn't seem like he was just sitting around being lazy, or showing a character flaw. If he was having to help his mother deal w/ cancer, that is a heavy burden.

This follows the statement Lovie made that Anthony Adams and Dusty were not bemoaning the fact that Harrison wasn't on the field.He also said there was good competition between those two and he better get back out there soon. That was one of the strongest statements I have ever heard Lovie say about any player and during local interviews yesterday he sounded very remorseful and he said he felt embarrassed standing on the sidelines watching his teammates practice.

Part of the reason for weight gain. Just saw this on twitter,

Serious note-marcus harrison's mom battled cancer. One reason for the weight gain.

doesn't excuse it, but i think we can all relate to family issues.

I knew Harrison had mentioned "family issues" a couple times, but honestly, that seems to have become a standard phrase for players these days, and I never know when to believe them. That is sad and skeptical, but the way it is. While hearing this may not totally excuse Harrison, is does go a long way in my book. It doesn't seem like he was just sitting around being lazy, or showing a character flaw. If he was having to help his mother deal w/ cancer, that is a heavy burden.

I am dealing with family issues myself lately but you don't see me going around and buying twinkies lol.

I know your just joking around, but I just sort of give him a bit of a pass here. I have a friend dealing w/ similar (sister w/ cancer, not mother) and she is driving her sister a couple times a week to the hospital for chemo and therapy. Also, as her sister has spent a lot of time in the hospital, so has my friend. It is a drain, mentally and physically. Point is, i can easily see where a person's routine gets hurt dealing w/ something like this.

Anyway, I may be giving him a bit of a free pass for the last couple months, but he needs to double down now that he is in camp.

I am dealing with family issues myself lately but you don't see me going around and buying twinkies lol.

I know your just joking around, but I just sort of give him a bit of a pass here. I have a friend dealing w/ similar (sister w/ cancer, not mother) and she is driving her sister a couple times a week to the hospital for chemo and therapy. Also, as her sister has spent a lot of time in the hospital, so has my friend. It is a drain, mentally and physically. Point is, i can easily see where a person's routine gets hurt dealing w/ something like this.

Anyway, I may be giving him a bit of a free pass for the last couple months, but he needs to double down now that he is in camp.

IMHO everyone deals with personal issues in a different way. Eating may have been a way he dealt with his. Since he has gotten into camp with the exercise and the heat and meal program, he will lose the weight very fast.

IMHO everyone deals with personal issues in a different way. Eating may have been a way he dealt with his. Since he has gotten into camp with the exercise and the heat and meal program, he will lose the weight very fast.

Lets hope so. I do give him a free pass provided he gets his weight under control. I haven't had to deal with cancer, we have been dealing with doctor's refusal to do a routine surgery on our son just because we didn't care for his anesthesiologist. So know we have to drive 2 hours away to Chicago to get it taken care of but at least there they care for my son and actually know who he is.