Aromashodu

AZ54

Today in the post practice interview Cutler again mentioned Aromashodu as a WR who was played well. Aside from Cutler I haven't heard many others mention him and now Cutler's done it twice this week and today specifically said he needs to get some time in with the 1's. For Cutler to come out and say he needs to get some time with the 1's is a pretty good sign of his progress. All the talk has been about Rideau stepping up this year and that's good.

I'd like to hear any feedback on Aromashodu from those who've been to camp or attended today's practice at Soldier Field. Is this guy looking like someone who might make the final roster?

Today in the post practice interview Cutler again mentioned Aromashodu as a WR who was played well. Aside from Cutler I haven't heard many others mention him and now Cutler's done it twice this week and today specifically said he needs to get some time in with the 1's. For Cutler to come out and say he needs to get some time with the 1's is a pretty good sign of his progress. All the talk has been about Rideau stepping up this year and that's good.

I'd like to hear any feedback on Aromashodu from those who've been to camp or attended today's practice at Soldier Field. Is this guy looking like someone who might make the final roster?

It also looks like either Iglesias or Knox might get a redshirt IR. Cutler seems to like where Aromashodu is in comparison to the rooks. I think the fact he is talking the way he is might be a sign of how things are shaping up or a wake up call to the others.

Definitely seems like Knox is facing a steep learning curve/adjustment. No suprise considering where he played but it's still very early in camp so I'm holding out hope for him to come along better after he has a couple preseason games behind him. If he doesn't get it I can see him on IR because I don't think we'd be able to keep him on our practice squad. The downside of course is that players on IR can't practice (unless they're on the Patriots) and that's not helpful.

Lately there seems to be more positive vibes about Iglesias getting comfortable with the offense.

Definitely seems like Knox is facing a steep learning curve/adjustment. No suprise considering where he played but it's still very early in camp so I'm holding out hope for him to come along better after he has a couple preseason games behind him. If he doesn't get it I can see him on IR because I don't think we'd be able to keep him on our practice squad. The downside of course is that players on IR can't practice (unless they're on the Patriots) and that's not helpful.

Lately there seems to be more positive vibes about Iglesias getting comfortable with the offense.

I have heard an aweful lot of good things about Knox since being drafted. The reports in OTAs said he was a much better route runner than expected coming out of a small school. They say he has excellent hands, can make the cuts on a dime, has the burst to gain separation, and has blazing speed. I think he may outshine Iglesias as a rookie.

I'd say Rashied Davis gets cut (Which he should) and Iglesias becomes the Earl Bennett of last year; meaning he won't dress or play many games. It looks like the depth chart is something like, Hester, Bennett, Rideau, D.A, Knox, Iglesias.

I agree, if things are going well with what is being reported then I don't see Davis being around to long.

But how many wr's can actually be protected without being on the active roster ?

Aromashodu was a name that caught my eye in the offseason because of his height and 40 time. It was thought he was brought in just for the special teams aspect, but it would be nice if he and Rideau can make the team and throw some height into the equation at WR.

I agree, if things are going well with what is being reported then I don't see Davis being around to long.

But how many wr's can actually be protected without being on the active roster ?

Disagree. How would Rashied go from starting slot receiver to cut? I just don't see that happening. Especially since we've maintained that Rashied Davis is good in the slot, but nowhere else.

We've been playing Knox exclusively as an "X" receiver with Hester & Iglesias playing the "Y".

I just don't see Rashied losing his job to the likes of Riddeau.

Disagree. How would Rashied go from starting slot receiver to cut? I just don't see that happening. Especially since we've maintained that Rashied Davis is good in the slot, but nowhere else.

We've been playing Knox exclusively as an "X" receiver with Hester & Iglesias playing the "Y".

Seriously, have you heard anything about Rashied Davis in training camp? I have heard every receivers name BUT his so far. He's on his way out. The only way he sticks with the teams is because one of the WR's blows it in preseason.

You should go to TC he is not doing much. When I was there everyone was looking better than he was. The last spot is probably going to be between he and Knox and since Knox has more speed and return ability and will be a cheaper option that is why Davis may lose his spot. Also factor in some of the critical drops Davis had last season. We have gotten just about all he's got and there is no more. Remember like Hester he started off at DB and he hasn't shown improvement like Hester has.

Bjock from what I saw at TC the TEs may be in the slot more than WRs this year and thats what is another strike against him.

We need to get away from the 5'9' WR type in Davis. We have the WR'S/TE to create a few mismatches that we should use to our advantage against smaller defenders like Olsen 6'5, Davis 6'7' Rideau and Aromashodu at 6'2 and above.We have the speed in Hester, Knox and even Aromashodu so its up to Turner to use these player with the mind set of a hammer and pound the smallr teams DB'S and LB'S with the passing game mismatches.

I don't know where you get the info on who is playing at what spot but there has to be someone else lining up in the slot in practice besides Davis. Before I get going on Davis I'll add that I like the fact the team is limiting what the rookies have to learn, at least so far.

Why can't Hester move inside to the slot on some plays? They say Hester knows 110 routes now and I've already seen him there in practice so why not in games? Olsen lines up there on some plays too, and he also lines up wide (thus putting Hester in the slot). We plan to use a lot of two TE sets this year like we did last year. Bennett knows how to line up in the slot too. I don't even see why Iglesias couldn't be our slot WR, he's supposed to be quick in/out of his cuts and his size can handle the linebacker/safety hits better but even if he comes in the game you can move Bennett inside. I question just how badly we need Davis "the slot receiver"?

Saying Davis is good in the slot is a relative term. He's better in the slot than he is out wide but in either case he's always had a case of the drops, there's just fewer of them inside.

It might come down to keeping Rashied or Knox. We all thought experience would be the factor keeping Rashied there (myself included) but I don't see us able to protect Knox on the practice squad. He has too much potential IMO to lose him so therefore it becomes a decision of do we really need Davis for just one more year at the risk of losing a promising young talent? I need to see how well Bennett is doing, along with Rideau and Aromashodu but if they are playing well in the end I don't see Davis making a difference in our W-L record and so I cut him. That statement doesn't mean Knox will make a difference this year either, but next year I think he will.

I don't know where you get the info on who is playing at what spot but there has to be someone else lining up in the slot in practice besides Davis. Before I get going on Davis I'll add that I like the fact the team is limiting what the rookies have to learn, at least so far.

Why can't Hester move inside to the slot on some plays? They say Hester knows 110 routes now and I've already seen him there in practice so why not in games? Olsen lines up there on some plays too, and he also lines up wide (thus putting Hester in the slot). We plan to use a lot of two TE sets this year like we did last year. Bennett knows how to line up in the slot too. I don't even see why Iglesias couldn't be our slot WR, he's supposed to be quick in/out of his cuts and his size can handle the linebacker/safety hits better but even if he comes in the game you can move Bennett inside. I question just how badly we need Davis "the slot receiver"?

Saying Davis is good in the slot is a relative term. He's better in the slot than he is out wide but in either case he's always had a case of the drops, there's just fewer of them inside.

It might come down to keeping Rashied or Knox. We all thought experience would be the factor keeping Rashied there (myself included) but I don't see us able to protect Knox on the practice squad. He has too much potential IMO to lose him so therefore it becomes a decision of do we really need Davis for just one more year at the risk of losing a promising young talent? I need to see how well Bennett is doing, along with Rideau and Aromashodu but if they are playing well in the end I don't see Davis making a difference in our W-L record and so I cut him. That statement doesn't mean Knox will make a difference this year either, but next year I think he will.

From watching practice Knox may be able to see the field on returns. Don't sleep on the fact that Lovie has said that Hester will not return kickoffs so that leaves a spot open for someone and I'm guessing its Garrett Wolfe. Here is where Knox comes in, when DM gets gased in a game from a long opponents drive who goes back there with Wolfe? I think Knox will be the guy.