Bears tight end out for the year

adam

No. He was bound for the practice squad or a red shirt season anyway. Still sucks for him, but honestly, not a real affect on the team IMHO.

Im not quite sure about the practice squad rules but this would have been his 3rd year on the PS. So he has actually been around this team as long as Brandon Rideau.

I do not know for a fact, but I don't think it matters how long you are on a practice squad. I believe the key to no longer being eligible for the practice squad is a certain amount of time you are on a NFL active roster.

Rideau has been around as long, but (a) had a great camp last year and is really breaking out in camp this year and (B) plays at a position we have considerable need, as opposed to Mines who was stuck at a positition we have depth. Mine would have been our 5th TE, and it is debatable whether or not we keep 4.

Im not quite sure about the practice squad rules but this would have been his 3rd year on the PS. So he has actually been around this team as long as Brandon Rideau.