Breaking News

bowlingtwig

More thank God man. I sure as heck did not want him here.

Agree, I don't think he should be back in the NFL. What he did wasn't a momentary lapse of judgment and went beyond premeditated. It was planned out and executed over a period of time. What he did was wrong plain and simple but it was carried out over and over. Which to me is the most sickening thing about it. Were this guy not a star athelete he'd have a hard time getting a job with that on his record. But because he's a high profile athlete he does a little jail time and allowed back into the league like nothing happened. Pete Rose was banned from MLB for life for gambling yet Vick is allowed back in after a slap on the wrist for running dog fighting that killed and mamed a large number of dogs over a period of time which I have little doubt that had he not been caught would still be doing it today. He is a sick bastard and I would never want to root for him and did not want him on the Bears.

Who cares.

Peace :dabears

Who cares? You do realize how much speed this Eagles offense has now, right? Maclin, Jackson, Vick, etc. Look, I hate Michael Vick, but IMO this puts Philadelphia over the top in the NFC East. I'd never say this, except I saw how much the Wildcat could work last year with Miami, and now I'm a firm believer.

One, w/ regard to Phily, unless they solve their OL issues, I am not sure how much they will even be in the running, especially as they are in a tough division. They added several players to the OL, but last I saw, I think 3 of their starters on the OL are hurt, and several have history of injuries. They have talent, but w/o protection up front, I think they could really struggle.

Two, Everyone makes a big deal about the wildcat. Yea, it worked some last year, but it was also new. This happens all the time. Someone brings to the table something new, and it works. But before long, teams figure it out. Hell, I remember Crowton's razzle dazzle offense, and how well it worked for a short period of time, but then adjustments were made, and the system was blown up. IMHO, we are going to see less and less wildcat. Defensive coaches have had time now to "figure it out" and it is simply not going to be nearly as successful.

Further, how well do you all think it will play out for Phily to bench McNabb, even if only for a few plays a game, to run a different scheme. McNabb is not really a guy who likes to sit.

Who cares? You do realize how much speed this Eagles offense has now, right? Maclin, Jackson, Vick, etc. Look, I hate Michael Vick, but IMO this puts Philadelphia over the top in the NFC East. I'd never say this, except I saw how much the Wildcat could work last year with Miami, and now I'm a firm believer.

I really can't disagree with your take in the least...

Agree, I don't think he should be back in the NFL. What he did wasn't a momentary lapse of judgment and went beyond premeditated. It was planned out and executed over a period of time. What he did was wrong plain and simple but it was carried out over and over. Which to me is the most sickening thing about it. Were this guy not a star athelete he'd have a hard time getting a job with that on his record. But because he's a high profile athlete he does a little jail time and allowed back into the league like nothing happened. Pete Rose was banned from MLB for life for gambling yet Vick is allowed back in after a slap on the wrist for running dog fighting that killed and mamed a large number of dogs over a period of time which I have little doubt that had he not been caught would still be doing it today. He is a sick bastard and I would never want to root for him and did not want him on the Bears.

With all the QB controversy they had last year (benching McNabb at one point) I'm surprised the Eagles are doing this. At the end of the year they came out and said McNabb is there guy going forward. Now maybe that's not true? Kolb really struggled when he got on the field so perhaps Philly is starting to look in a different direction for down the road.

With all the QB controversy they had last year (benching McNabb at one point) I'm surprised the Eagles are doing this. At the end of the year they came out and said McNabb is there guy going forward. Now maybe that's not true? Kolb really struggled when he got on the field so perhaps Philly is starting to look in a different direction for down the road.

I can not stand Michael Vick, but the NFL had to at least give a shot because everyone else has been given at least a second chance. My major point is Adam Jones. How many chances did the NFL give him. I am a huge pet lover as we have 1 dog and 3 cats to go along with a bunny and several but compare him to Donte Stallworth. People say that Vick got off with a slap on the wrist with a 23 month sentence or whatever it was for his actions. Stallworth gets 30 days jail time for driving drunk and killing an innocent man who just got off work. At least Vick didn't kill another human being. I bet if 1 of us drives drunk and kills a human being we are looking at closer to 30 years jail instead of 30 days. Goodell said in his letter to Stallworth that his reason for suspending him the entire season without pay had nothing to do with the slap on the wrist that he got but IMO opinion I am glad that he is gone for at least a year. I would much rather lose one of my pets, who I consider family instead of my son or my wife.

in no way am I comparing dog killing to killing another human being while driving drunk. Obviously the latter is the more severe but I think most of us can agree that you can run down a list of offenses by celebrities, athletes, etc. that if any of us had committed those offenses we'd most certainly receive a much harsher penalty in most cases. That's not to say our legal system doesn't let common people off easy at times either but why should someone who can throw the football or shoot the basketball or what not get preferential treatment. It's almost like there's one set of rules for them and another set of rules for the rest of us. 30 days for someone getting drunk, getting in a car and killing an innocent person is insane. At some point someone needs to put their foot down and stop pampering these guys and force them to face the consequences of their choices like any of the rest of us. I realize also that these athletes and celebs can afford the top $ lawyers that we don't have access to. Almost makes me wonder what can't they get away with?

He looked good on that first drive, then threw it right to the 49er DB. Then he just looked poor from there on out.

:headbang

But hey he's consistent... he hit two of those 49er defenders in stride. The other one had to adjust to the ball. I'm sure Kyle will work on that this week.

Simms is probably thinking... I have a golden opportunity.

I can not stand Michael Vick, but the NFL had to at least give a shot because everyone else has been given at least a second chance. My major point is Adam Jones. How many chances did the NFL give him. I am a huge pet lover as we have 1 dog and 3 cats to go along with a bunny and several but compare him to Donte Stallworth. People say that Vick got off with a slap on the wrist with a 23 month sentence or whatever it was for his actions. Stallworth gets 30 days jail time for driving drunk and killing an innocent man who just got off work. At least Vick didn't kill another human being. I bet if 1 of us drives drunk and kills a human being we are looking at closer to 30 years jail instead of 30 days. Goodell said in his letter to Stallworth that his reason for suspending him the entire season without pay had nothing to do with the slap on the wrist that he got but IMO opinion I am glad that he is gone for at least a year. I would much rather lose one of my pets, who I consider family instead of my son or my wife.

Well as far as the news has been covered in Miami, a surveillance video shows the man walking out in front of Stallworth's car, anyone would have hit him. Him being over the legal alcohol limit although illegal, doesn't seem to be the reason for the tragedy. The news here has pretty much implied it was the man's fault without actually saying it since no one likes to place guilt the deceased.

Either way, I don't think that the NFL excusing the Leonard Littles of the league is a good argument (not that you're trying to make this argument) in support of giving Vick a shot. I don't think ANY of them deserve to represent the NFL shield. The reason I see what Vick did as worse than what Stallworth did (even though the end result was worse in Stallworth's case) is their intent. Stallworth did not intend on hurting anyone or anything when he got in his car that night. Vick spent 6 years torturing and killing dogs with no remorse.

Well as far as the news has been covered in Miami, a surveillance video shows the man walking out in front of Stallworth's car, anyone would have hit him. Him being over the legal alcohol limit although illegal, doesn't seem to be the reason for the tragedy. The news here has pretty much implied it was the man's fault without actually saying it since no one likes to place guilt the deceased.

Either way, I don't think that the NFL excusing the Leonard Littles of the league is a good argument (not that you're trying to make this argument) in support of giving Vick a shot. I don't think ANY of them deserve to represent the NFL shield. The reason I see what Vick did as worse than what Stallworth did (even though the end result was worse in Stallworth's case) is their intent. Stallworth did not intend on hurting anyone or anything when he got in his car that night. Vick spent 6 years torturing and killing dogs with no remorse.

I am mainly just pointing out that although all of us agree that none of these should be given a second. I am saying that because everyone else has been given at least a 2nd chance we should at least give Vick and Stallworth a 2nd chance as well. I was comparing the 2 only in the since that Stallworth serves only 30 days in jail for driving drunk and killing a man. I do love the fact that Stallworth at least called the authorities without running away like so many others do these days. I don't care for any of these gentlemen however I would like to see them actually grow up and start acting like men and proving to us and to the NFL, the players and the coaches that they got there 2nd chance and they proved why. Here's hoping they don't take it for granted.