Orton up to his old tricks...

Guest TerraTor

but he manages the game very well.....

3 Interceptions, 9-16 for 89 yards with most of his throws being short dink and dunks. I believe his longest completion was 19 yards. They have tried to mask the fact that he has struggled in training camp, but the cat is out of the bag now.

I would not be surprised if Simms was the opening day QB. I hope Orton rebounds, but it doesn't look too promising.

You can't tell shit about shit in the first preseason game but...

Orton was 9-16 for 89 yards and THREE picks last night. Cutler hasn't thrown a pass for us yet but he's way ahead in the "early voting". LOL!

Even worse, IMO, than his three interceptions was his continuing his career average of lower than 6 YPA which simply isn't NFL quality QB'ing. Over 7 is the target. Cutler is at 7.4.

Later today we'll see Cutler for the first time. If he has as bad a day as Kyle had yesterday, I'll be calling for Ron Turner's head on a silver platter.

but he manages the game very well.....

3 Interceptions, 9-16 for 89 yards with most of his throws being short dink and dunks. I believe his longest completion was 19 yards. They have tried to mask the fact that he has struggled in training camp, but the cat is out of the bag now.

I would not be surprised if Simms was the opening day QB. I hope Orton rebounds, but it doesn't look too promising.

Wouldn't McDaniels look really bad if he did that. Remember he has already named Orton the opening day starter lol.

I actually feel bad for the Denver fans how horrifying would it be to know that your team was an improved defense away from a very dangerous team.... now they are a team who's defense is still poor, and their QB position is on life support. If McDanniels has even half a brain he may have to face the music and start Simms. If he sticks with Orton and there's no improvement those fans will be forming mobs with torches and pitch forks. Denver fans are passionate about their team. We know all to well how frustrated they might feel at this moment. Denver front office has made their bed now they have to lay in it.

I actually feel bad for the Denver fans how horrifying would it be to know that your team was an improved defense away from a very dangerous team.... now they are a team who's defense is still poor, and their QB position is on life support. If McDanniels has even half a brain he may have to face the music and start Simms. If he sticks with Orton and there's no improvement those fans will be forming mobs with torches and pitch forks. Denver fans are passionate about their team. We know all to well how frustrated they might feel at this moment. Denver front office has made their bed now they have to lay in it.

I guess I hadn't really given it thought from their point of view but, jesus christ, how much does it suck to be a denver fan right now? Going from Cutler to Orton? I just got a migraine when I tried putting myself in their shoes...

I guess I hadn't really given it thought from their point of view but, jesus christ, how much does it suck to be a denver fan right now? Going from Cutler to Orton? I just got a migraine when I tried putting myself in their shoes...

I would prefer not to get pissed off thinking about that.

Orton looked pretty good throwing dump off routes while San Fran had it's DBs way off the LOS. Then the pick in the endzone showed what happens when the field gets compressed. Orton's last two picks were just absolute horrible throws. The third one being just what we were used to, a longer pass (20yd) where he tried to drop it in over a DB to a wide open receiver and the ball came up short. Orton was never very good at putting arc on a pass to drop it in over the top of a DB.

To say Simms will take over for him is just not realistic. Simms looked absolutely horrible, constantly locked in on receivers and he wasn't particularly accurate either, it just looked better against 3rd stringers. McDaniels will stick with Orton because he is the better option but after game one it's clear it's going to take some time for him to get a good feel for a new offense and new teammates. Brandon Marshall must be happy.

I don't feel bad for Denver fans in the least, and here's why:

For the most part, the Denver media was HAPPY with the Cutler/Orton deal. I compare it to the Briggs situation. Here we have a pro-bowl linebacker, but fans would have been happy if he'd walked away. This was because we've been spoiled by the likes of Butkus, Singletary, and Urlacher.

Denver was spoiled by having John Elway all those years. Heck, I'd have taken Jake Plummer over most of the guys the Bears have rolled out. They don't "get" how damn hard it is to find a good QB.

In other words, they're too stupid to be that upset.

Orton struggled, for sure. One thing that's gone (largely) unmentioned in the whole trade discussion is offensive systems: Cutler's coming from Shanahan's offense to Turner's, which isn't that different. Orton, meanwhile, is going from Turner's system to McDaniels', which is VERY different. McDaniels is running something more like what the Patriots run, and I wouldn't be surprised if Orton struggles to adjust. He had three years to learn the Bears' system before he began to look like a starter in 2008 - he could take a step backward as he learns McDaniels' offense.

You know, I have read some comments left on articles at different sites and have come across a lot of very obnoxious Denver fans saying they were happy to get rid of the #### Cutler and felt the team would be better off with Orton. I do not feel bad for them at all. :lol:

You know, I have read some comments left on articles at different sites and have come across a lot of very obnoxious Denver fans saying they were happy to get rid of the #### Cutler and felt the team would be better off with Orton. I do not feel bad for them at all. :lol:

Thats true, I have heard alot of this as well. Well, if they are much better with him, why did they boo him during family night after throwing 2 picks. Now he throws 3 picks in the first 3 series's. Good luck.