Most anticipated preseaon game, ever!

CrackerDog

I mean, sure, we all want to see how Cutler looks. Let's be honest. But there are other things in the balance too. Things that somewhat hang off of Cutler's presence and others that just plain need to be answered after last year. You can't tell much from the first preseason game but there are things we can watch for, even in this exhibition game.

Here's my list:

1.) Is Hester a real WR? I've always said he won't make it as a WR because he just didn't have the smarts. But that was always with the expectation that the Bears would never have a Probowl QB on their roster. Does the addition of Cutler make Hester into something I never believed he could be? I hope so.

2.) I'll be watching the WR derby with interest, besides Hester.

3.) Is Jones really healthy and will that mean Forte can expect to see fewer carries? A healthy Jones may not diminish Forte's numbers but could mean fresher legs, later into games and into the season. This could be huge.

4.) Is the O Line playing together?

5.) Is the D Line improvement due to better coaching obvious? Are the techniques they use expanded to include stunts, etc?

6.) Does the defense tackle?

7.) How bad is our secondary? Are they developing or is this going to be our Achilles heel all season?

8.) How badly do we miss Brown's leadership on the field? Who steps up and takes charge?

9.) Are the players in shape? Do they generally execute fundamentals well?

10.) Your additions?

I mean, sure, we all want to see how Cutler looks. Let's be honest. But there are other things in the balance too. Things that somewhat hang off of Cutler's presence and others that just plain need to be answered after last year. You can't tell much from the first preseason game but there are things we can watch for, even in this exhibition game.

Here's my list:

1.) Is Hester a real WR? I've always said he won't make it as a WR because he just didn't have the smarts. But that was always with the expectation that the Bears would never have a Probowl QB on their roster. Does the addition of Cutler make Hester into something I never believed he could be? I hope so.

2.) I'll be watching the WR derby with interest, besides Hester.

3.) Is Jones really healthy and will that mean Forte can expect to see fewer carries? A healthy Jones may not diminish Forte's numbers but could mean fresher legs, later into games and into the season. This could be huge.

4.) Is the O Line playing together?

5.) Is the D Line improvement due to better coaching obvious? Are the techniques they use expanded to include stunts, etc?

6.) Does the defense tackle?

7.) How bad is our secondary? Are they developing or is this going to be our Achilles heel all season?

8.) How badly do we miss Brown's leadership on the field? Who steps up and takes charge?

9.) Are the players in shape? Do they generally execute fundamentals well?

10.) Your additions?

#8 can be answered if TO plays. He certainly knows how to kill us.

I'm pumped. Even though I know these guys won't be playing a full game, I still expect to see the starters in their for atleast one quarter. I want to see which receivers Cutler works well with. My guess is that he finds Olsen quite a bit tonight and Hester on the slants. D.A and Rideau need to step up big time so we can get rid of Rasheid Davis!

I'm pumped. Even though I know these guys won't be playing a full game, I still expect to see the starters in their for atleast one quarter. I want to see which receivers Cutler works well with. My guess is that he finds Olsen quite a bit tonight and Hester on the slants. D.A and Rideau need to step up big time so we can get rid of Rasheid Davis!

LOL. I'm trying to figure out if people really hate Davis this much or if they're just trying to break BrianBear's balls.

Personally I don't care who steps up but we need two solid starters and one or two good backups. I don't care if one of them dropped a lot of passes in prior years or not. Let's face it, Hester hasn't exactly produced at WR in his career, yet most of us have high hopes for him. Who can say what having a QB placing the ball in a more catchable position will do for any of these guys?

Can't tell much about the WR's tonight because of Olsen/Forte being out since they're such huge parts of the offense. But I saw nothing to impress me. Partly due to the fact that Cutler certainly had an off night.

Jones showed me nothing. Wolfe looked OK in various ways but really his best carries were against 2nd string so there's nothing to write home about here.

The O Line played well, the D Line didn't impress. They got literally no pressure unless they blitzed a corner or safety.

There were lots of missed tackles. This was disappointing.

Our secondary is weak. 10-10 and it wasn't Peyton Manning out there guys...

So no pressure and no coverage. Ouch. Better get their heads out of their asses.

That said, again, this is the first preseason game. But I REALLY expected to see something tonight.

Besides Hester's 2 catches, it seemed like the only receiver the Bears threw to was Rashied Davis... Never saw Rideau or D.A targeted for a pass at all.

1 of the passess that Basenaz threw to left was in the same area code at least to Rideau but unfortunately still not catchable. The same thing with D.A. He played quite a bit but he did struggle to get open and he was mainly playing with the 1's.