I swear that was Rex Grossman out there

CrackerDog

It's preseason, relax.

I'm WAY more concerned about Trent Edwards throwing 9 complete passes in a row. It seems like the same old secondary to me.

Trumaine McBride looks like he should be a punter. As bad as he looks you can't tell me he's better then D.J. Moore.

I'm WAY more concerned about Trent Edwards throwing 9 complete passes in a row. It seems like the same old secondary to me.

Trumaine McBride looks like he should be a punter. As bad as he looks you can't tell me he's better then D.J. Moore.

Your right about Edwards. How can we let him go 10-10. The D overall played pretty well and I am really starting to like Al Afalava. He seems to always be in the right area. And of course as I am typing this he comes up with a fumble recovery.

Your right about Edwards. How can we let him go 10-10. The D overall played pretty well and I am really starting to like Al Afalava. He seems to always be in the right area. And of course as I am typing this he comes up with a fumble recovery.

Afalava has looked pretty good.

I'm feeling better about Caleb Hanie.

Steltz with the nice forced fumble.

Along with the secondary, my main concern is that Cutler appeared to focus in on Hester, forcing it to him 2 or 3 times when he wasn't close to being open. Sure there was no Greg Olsen, but there sure as hell doesn't appear to be a #2 WR.

Man you would think the Apocolypse is upon us. I agree that Hester appeared to be his (Cutler's) main target but heck he only threw a total of 10 passes. Admittedly that INT looked a little reminiscent of Grossman but I think that was more the combination of Cutler and Hester learning how each other play in game situations and Cutler realizing that it is only Preseason. He's a smart kid and much better under pressure. And besides, as some have already mentioned, Olsen wasn't in nor was Forte. I think things would have been a little different if both those guys played as the defense would have had to key differently. Anyhow, let's not panic just yet. This is only the first of FOUR preseason games before the season starts. Lots of time to get the kinks worked out.

In an article on the Sun-Times site it quoted an interesting fact: Cutler does not perform in the first game of preseason, he has a history of bad performances in the opener:

For the record Cutler was 8-of-10 for 59 yards and ran for a 15-yard touchdown in the Broncos' exhibition opener last year.

He was 7-of-13 for 58 yards and ran once for a 3-yard loss in the Broncos' exhibition opener in 2007.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...club-17.article

It is unbelievable how bad the media is overreacting to a Preseason game! I'm about to lose my mind. Jeez people, he aint going to throw for a bigillion yards in a game or throw 3 TD's every time he steps on that field. Who cares if he throws an interception in preseason. He's just testing the waters as of right now, trying to get a feel for how these receivers play and react in a live game.

Not to mention the vanilla play calling. If they play this way against Greenbay in week 1, then I'd start to worry but until they play a full game or a full half, I'm not judging them. 2/3 of our offensive stars weren't playing in the game either. When we have Olsen and Forte in the lineup, it'll make a huge difference. I don't expect Forte to play more than 1 preseason game or so, Idk about Olsen.