thoughts

bowlingtwig

DBs...not good at all. Gave up pretty everything all game long. Afalava can tackle.

LBs...saw some good plays from Url and Briggs. Pisa didn't standout IMO.

DTs...saw good consistent push up the middle until we got down to the third string but nobody really broke free inside. Harrison got a lot of snaps and early on was beast but tired late in the game. Gilbert showed some quickness to get upfield l but I don't recall him making a lot of plays.

DEs...Mark Anderson did nothing. Brown and Ogun did little more. Nobody stood out among this group.

QBs...Cutler was either really good on a pass or downright awful with not much in between. Hanie reminded me why I liked him last year. He really likes Rashied Davis but he needs to work more of the field. Basanez...he was let down by a couple bad WR plays but overall looked at best like a 3rd string QB, and I mean at best.

Oline...starters seemed to have good pass protection. Run blocking wasn't very good. Pace left early but I saw Williams in with the second string so it's clear they are trying to get him more playing time before the season starts.

RBs...I liked the burst and strength Kevin Jones ran with but it would be nice to see him have some holes to run through. Wolfe looked ok.

WRs...nothing worth writing about at all.

DBs...not good at all. Gave up pretty everything all game long.

If someone mentions that Peanut & Bowman were hurt I'm going to go through the roof. New DB's coach, new DC, same old crap of getting dinked to death.

Afalava can tackle.

He reminds me of Payne. Some big hits, but not that talented.

Pisa missed big-time on one of the plays.

DTs...saw good consistent push up the middle until we got down to the third string but nobody really broke free inside. Harrison got a lot of snaps and early on was beast but tired late in the game. Gilbert showed some quickness to get upfield l but I don't recall him making a lot of plays.

DEs...Mark Anderson did nothing. Brown and Ogun did little more. Nobody stood out among this group.

Agreed. The fact we've done the exact same thing the past 2 pre-seasons is cause for concern. We're bad in pre-season, we're bad during the regular season.

QBs...Cutler was either really good on a pass or downright awful with not much in between.

On Cutler's pick, Hester needed to make a play on the ball. Instead he looked like a spectator. Hester has bad instincts and questionable hands. The only thing he's good at is making a play in space, and even in pre-season they're draped all over him. If we don't find more receiving options we're screwed.

Hanie reminded me why I liked him last year. He really likes Rashied Davis but he needs to work more of the field.

I never liked Hanie better I feel better about him now. But that's much easier to say now that we know our QB won't get benched. As for Rashied, he might actually be our best WR. Seriously. And he's not very good. That's bad, bad, bad.

If someone mentions that Peanut & Bowman were hurt I'm going to go through the roof. New DB's coach, new DC, same old crap of getting dinked to death.

Afalava can tackle.

Agreed. The fact we've done the exact same thing the past 2 pre-seasons is cause for concern. We're bad in pre-season, we're bad during the regular season.

QBs...Cutler was either really good on a pass or downright awful with not much in between.

On Cutler's pick, Hester needed to make a play on the ball. Instead he looked like a spectator. Hester has bad instincts and questionable hands. The only thing he's good at is making a play in space, and even in pre-season they're draped all over him. If we don't find more receiving options we're screwed.

Hanie reminded me why I liked him last year. He really likes Rashied Davis but he needs to work more of the field.

I never liked Hanie better I feel better about him now. But that's much easier to say now that we know our QB won't get benched. As for Rashied, he might actually be our best WR. Seriously. And he's not very good. That's bad, bad, bad.

There was actually quite a few plays when Gilbert was double teamed and was still able to bring down the tackler. I showed alot of muscle yesterday.

Why? Its a legitimate point. Plus I saw the corners within five yards several times and Graham had a sack on a blitz where he was a yard of the receiver.

Afalava can tackle.

I thought Payne had a good game from the tackling perspective. He wrapped up much better than usual

I noticed that the d-lines hand play with the oline was much better than last year. Now they had to work on finishing the moves and putting real pressure on the QB. I expect this aspect to keep getting better and it will help how the DB's look

There is no way Hester is going to be able to make a play on that ball its well underthrown. Plus McKelvin is a hell of a talented player. At first on that throw I was like WTF is Cutler looking at because it seemed like McKelvin had him step for step, but on the replay Hester had him by 4 steps and that is what Cutler saw, but the ball was so under thrown that the corner and safety had time to get over there. That pick is all on Cutler. The part that I liked about Cutler were the throws to HEster on that 20 yard comeback and the ball to Des Clark. Thats something to get excited about

Hanie looked good for someone with little time. He was able to move around and hit some people. I am also sad that Davis looked decent because I really wanted Devin A and Rideau to beat him out.

Agreed. When will ANYONE realize that if the Bears don't get defensive pressure, the deep cushion by the WRs is basically inviting the opponent to Griese us to death.

There was actually quite a few plays when Gilbert was double teamed and was still able to bring down the tackler. I showed alot of muscle yesterday.

Damn Bowlingtwig, ya never said you'd signed with the Bears, I'd have kept an eye out for ya :dabears

:D:D