NOW can we go after Matt Jones???

bradjock

While I am not saying no to Matt Jones, I would like to address this.

No question he was forcing the ball to Hester, but maybe that was for a reason. Maybe that was planned or scripted. Frankly, it ticks me off, but that is what we have seen over the years under Lovie in preseason games. Other teams gameplan to play us, even in the 1st preseason game, but we do not. We have plays and players, and we run our sets to get a look at how things work, but we do not consider who we are playing, or often not even down and distance. It is very scripted because we simply want to see how things will play out.

I am not saying I know for a fact that is what happened, but it has been pointed out by many how we had open receivers, but Cutler was forcing the ball downfield to Hester. Maybe that is just Cutler. Maybe it was Cutler trying to get a feel for Hester, his #1 WR. Maybe it was Turner and our staff telling him to force the ball to Hester to see how things work on a particular play. Point is, I am not sure we can really make many judgments based on the 1st preseason game, especially as we were facing a team playing their 2nd.

What I saw from tonight's game with our WR's:

1. Cutler forces the ball to Hester when Olsen's out.

2. IMO Rashied Davis appears to be our 2nd best WR. Not good.

3. Knox & Iglesias ain't going to see the field this year.

4. For all the hype, were Riddeau and DA even playing???

5. Earl Bennett can't get open.

I know the obvious excuses: It's just pre-season, blah, blah, blah . . . I ain't buying it.

Cutler loves big WR's. Go get Matt Jones.

I hear ya...

I just simply do not read much into the pre-season. i think we went 1-3 in 1985, and 4-0 when we had kordell under center. These games are borderline useless. I think you truly only get something out of watching the 2nd half when it's pretty much rooks agasint rooks. You get a good idea at the skill level of some of the young guys.

While I am not saying no to Matt Jones, I would like to address this.

No question he was forcing the ball to Hester, but maybe that was for a reason. Maybe that was planned or scripted. Frankly, it ticks me off, but that is what we have seen over the years under Lovie in preseason games. Other teams gameplan to play us, even in the 1st preseason game, but we do not. We have plays and players, and we run our sets to get a look at how things work, but we do not consider who we are playing, or often not even down and distance. It is very scripted because we simply want to see how things will play out.

I am not saying I know for a fact that is what happened, but it has been pointed out by many how we had open receivers, but Cutler was forcing the ball downfield to Hester. Maybe that is just Cutler. Maybe it was Cutler trying to get a feel for Hester, his #1 WR. Maybe it was Turner and our staff telling him to force the ball to Hester to see how things work on a particular play. Point is, I am not sure we can really make many judgments based on the 1st preseason game, especially as we were facing a team playing their 2nd.