Marshall Still Demanding Trade

Guest TerraTor

Marvin Harrison?

I completly agree with this one. I think he would be a perfect fit for the Offense. And in the perfect position to tutor all the young WR's on the team. I've been saying it for a long time but don't hear yay or ney either way.

What I do see is a lot of want for Matt Jones and that just floors me. He is crap. No character and limited skills.

Guest TerraTor
I completly agree with this one. I think he would be a perfect fit for the Offense. And in the perfect position to tutor all the young WR's on the team. I've been saying it for a long time but don't hear yay or ney either way.

What I do see is a lot of want for Matt Jones and that just floors me. He is crap. No character and limited skills.

Marvin is unfortunately washed up. If hes healthy and wanted to play sure, but i dont know it either of those scenarios are true anymore.

I like Marvin assuming:

1.) His legal troubles are behind him. There was a little matter of a shooting at his club in Philly.

2.) He could pass a physical and his health and speed aren't a concern for our staff.

3.) He'll play for a 1 or 2 year deal for reasonable money.

His 60 catches for 600 yards and 5 TD's last year make him a solid #2 for us (as if we have a real #1) and his ability to mentor the younger guys, or at least display his fierce work ethic to, would be beneficial in the long run.

My understanding is that Indy would've kept him had he accepted a reduced deal with them. So #3 above may be the biggest issue with signing him. I think he still thinks he's one of the best in football.

I like Marvin assuming:

1.) His legal troubles are behind him. There was a little matter of a shooting at his club in Philly.

2.) He could pass a physical and his health and speed aren't a concern for our staff.

His 60 catches for 600 yards and 5 TD's last year make him a solid #2 for us (as if we have a real #1) and his ability to mentor the younger guys, or at least display his fierce work ethic to, would be beneficial in the long run.

My understanding is that Indy would've kept him had he accepted a reduced deal with them. So #3 above may be the biggest issue with signing him. I think he still thinks he's one of the best in football.

The problem that I have is that we would bring him in to mentor the younger guys. In Indy he was a very quite guy and kept to himself.

Guest TerraTor
The problem that I have is that we would bring him in to mentor the younger guys. In Indy he was a very quite guy and kept to himself.

I dont wanna argue with anyone other than Brian, but we dont need a mentor we need production.

I don't know about that aspect. I do know, for sure, his work ethic was awesome. Bringing that alone to the team would be huge. But I think he's got unrealistic salary demands at this time so he won't sign with anyone until that changes.

I don't know about that aspect. I do know, for sure, his work ethic was awesome. Bringing that alone to the team would be huge. But I think he's got unrealistic salary demands at this time so he won't sign with anyone until that changes.

Someone close to me works for the Colts organization. The take on Marvin is that he won't let the past go. He is basically regarded as a fond memory, but has the reputation as a pissy diva who doesn't like to train.

I had not heard anything about his training, but I have read that he is a bit of a diva, which isn't shocking as he is a WR. More specifically, I have read that he is often isolated in the locker room and keeps to himself. He is not the sort that takes a young WR under his wing to help him out. I am not saying he has to be that, but w/ a slew of young WRs, that is often what you hear mentioned when talking about adding a player like him, but really isn't the case.

For me though, it comes down to a couple things.

One. He is no longer an elite WR, which is fine, but still considers himself one. The previous reports held that he was looking to be paid a ton of money, as if he were still a #1. Even when every team that showed any level of interest quickly bowed out after his salary demand, he did not reduce his price. He basically said he would rather retire than accept less money. Hey, he is rich enough to make such a decision. If money is all he cares about at this point, then I just do not think he is the right receiver for us.

Two. I think his off-field legal issues have to be a concern. He is not on tier w/ Marhsall, but at the same time, his legal issues are current and on-going. That is simply not a good thing in the NFL today.

Initially, I loved the idea of adding Harrison, but the more I read about Harrison, the more I realized it simply was not a great idea.

Someone close to me works for the Colts organization. The take on Marvin is that he won't let the past go. He is basically regarded as a fond memory, but has the reputation as a pissy diva who doesn't like to train.

I like Marvin assuming:

Wasn't it a car wash? Either way, I say no to Marvin. His skills are beginning to diminish as well as his speed. I think he benefitted greatly from having every ball thrown right at his facemask from Manning his whole career in a dome.

As for Marshall, we have nothing to give up. I wish he'd just play out this season in Denver and then become a UFA which would hopefully give us a chance at him through free agency, but that won't happen. I'm guessing he gets traded to either NYG or NYJ, and gets a 5-6 year deal worth $9-$10 per season. However, off the top of my head, I'm not sure how much the Jets have to offer after moving up for Sanchez in this past draft.