Orton with some comments

adam

Orton:

“I’ve got an awful lot of confidence right now, I really do,”

“This is the best offense I’ve ever played with. This is the best talent around me that I’ve ever had. I just feel that my game right now is as good as it has ever been.”

Now you can take this a number of ways, but it sure does seem like a shot at the Bears since that is the only "talent" he has ever been around.

I think it was the 2 1st round picks. Orton was a throw in.

Peace :dabears

Don't forget the 3rd round pick.

It's funny how Denver then traded their 2010 1st to move up for Alphonso Smith (DB, Wake Forest) in the 2nd round of the 2009 draft. So, they'll have our 1st in the 2010 draft, yet Seattle will have Denver's in 2010. Therefore, Denver will have a pick in the 20's, yet Seattle will have one in the 10's. :)

Best he's ever felt? What has he thrown, 4 interceptions in two preseason games? I can't believe Denver gave us Cutler for this guy, hahaha. I'm LMAO.

That is how I feel too. I understand if you are trying to be positive, but if an 80-something QB rating in a preseason game is the best you've ever felt, Denver should be nervous.

I think it was the 2 1st round picks. Orton was a throw in.

Peace :dabears

Orton was a little more than a throw-in. There were rumors that other teams (Cleveland and Washington, I think) were offering similar packages of picks. The clincher, apparently, was that McDaniels preferred Orton to any of the other QBs he was being offered. I mean, of course the two #1s were the bulk of the value offered, but Orton was probably the reason that Cutler's not a Brown or a Redskin.

As far as his performance in Denver, I think he is what he is. He's never going to have a good deep ball, and he's at his best when he can sort of dink and dunk down the field, little passes to his RBs or to a WR/TE in the flat, that kind of thing. If that's what they want, they got a good guy to do it. I don't see any reason why Orton and Cutler can't both be successful in their new offenses.

I still feel that Orton is a good QB. I just don't see him as a great QB. He is still going to move their offense and put up some points but he's not Jay Cutler. I watched some of the Denver game and much of the big gains came on short pass plays (WR screen for 50 yds). Kyle can and will do those things well but so can a lot of QBs. However, I much prefer our situation where the opposing defense has to cover another 20 yards on the field.

I still feel that Orton is a good QB. I just don't see him as a great QB. He is still going to move their offense and put up some points but he's not Jay Cutler. I watched some of the Denver game and much of the big gains came on short pass plays (WR screen for 50 yds). Kyle can and will do those things well but so can a lot of QBs. However, I much prefer our situation where the opposing defense has to cover another 20 yards on the field.

Denver is going to be 7-9 with Orton at the QB spot, he can't get out of the pocket, can't throw deep, arm strength isn't that great....thats' why he could beat out Grossman until Rex got to bad for the coaches liking, this is why we got rid of him in a hurry

Denver is going to be 7-9 with Orton at the QB spot, he can't get out of the pocket, can't throw deep, arm strength isn't that great....thats' why he could beat out Grossman until Rex got to bad for the coaches liking, this is why we got rid of him in a hurry

I believe that Orton will be successful in that offense. Maybe not this year but in time he will. Cutler will have the better numbers of course. Another thing that hasn't been brought up is that Denver likes to use the shotgun formation. Orton played his entire college career out of the shotgun formation and then we drafted him and we never use the shotgun. I think we only had him in the shotgun formation a handful of times all of last year.

Orton was more than a throw in.

If one assumes that this real life, NFL experienced Jay Cutler, if hypothetically thrown into the draft (don't ask how) would be the consensus #1 pick (and he clearly would be) then you can assign a trade value chart number to him. If you then subtract out the value of this year's 1st rounder, and also next year's which we traded to Denver, you are left with enough "points' to trade even-up for a low first round pick.

That means that Orton got valued as a first rounder in this deal. So he was clearly more than a throw in.

He isn't a top tier guy, but he's in the best 32. A starting NFL QB is worth something, even if he isn't that great.

I believe that Orton will be successful in that offense. Maybe not this year but in time he will. Cutler will have the better numbers of course. Another thing that hasn't been brought up is that Denver likes to use the shotgun formation. Orton played his entire college career out of the shotgun formation and then we drafted him and we never use the shotgun. I think we only had him in the shotgun formation a handful of times all of last year.

I would say that 90% of college QBs play in the shotgun or now the term commonly used is "Spread" offense and the first thing that ALL NFL teams and scouts want to see is how these QBs look taking snaps from under center.This is one of the main reasons it is so hard for NFL teams to develop a QB. One of the main reasons that Stafford and Sanchez were held in high regard is because of the so called "Pro Style" offenses both played in which simply means they were under center and project an easier transition to the NFL game. While watching Senior Bowl practice the coaches on both sides said the first thing that they were having the most trouble with were the center exchanges because of all the players lake of practice being under center.

I would say that 90% of college QBs play in the shotgun or now the term commonly used is "Spread" offense and the first thing that ALL NFL teams and scouts want to see is how these QBs look taking snaps from under center.This is one of the main reasons it is so hard for NFL teams to develop a QB. One of the main reasons that Stafford and Sanchez were held in high regard is because of the so called "Pro Style" offenses both played in which simply means they were under center and project an easier transition to the NFL game. While watching Senior Bowl practice the coaches on both sides said the first thing that they were having the most trouble with were the center exchanges because of all the players lake of practice being under center.

I guess that I never realized that most colleges use the "spread" offense I guess I will pay more attention this coming year. Thanks for the infor.

I guess that I never realized that most colleges use the "spread" offense I guess I will pay more attention this coming year. Thanks for the infor.

B Twig if you are a fan of Big 10 football like I am it is nothing like it used to be when you see games 45 - 48.

I obviously watch enough Big 10 football because I reside here but I am a huge ND irish fan.

Claussen takes snaps under cemter with Weis coaching.They also are expecting big things out of some of the skill position players that went and spent time working out with their qb. They have a favorable schedule this year but must stay healthy. I'm also going to take a close look at how the O-line plays this year.

Claussen takes snaps under cemter with Weis coaching.They also are expecting big things out of some of the skill position players that went and spent time working out with their qb. They have a favorable schedule this year but must stay healthy. I'm also going to take a close look at how the O-line plays this year.

Your right the Oline has to step up. I like Claussen and the ability that he has. I am also looking at the defense. The D didn't exactly impress me much last year.