Dvoracek out for the year. Again.

Gunga

I'd say it's time for Dusty to look for hi next line of work. Football just doesn't appear to be in the cards for him. I feel bad for the guy.

Yep. Take the injury settlement and move on with your life. Too bad, the guy really had a great motor. I wish him luck.

What's his contract status for next year? How much do the Bears save if they let him walk? If it's very small then there's no reason to cut him.

He's in the last year of his rookie contract.

Entered NFL as a third-round selection (73rd overall) by Chicago in the 2006 NFL Draft... Signed 4-year contract with Bears (7/6/06). SIGNED through 2009

He's in the last year of his rookie contract.

Entered NFL as a third-round selection (73rd overall) by Chicago in the 2006 NFL Draft... Signed 4-year contract with Bears (7/6/06). SIGNED through 2009

So he's basically guaranteed to be a FA next offseason unless the Bears tried to tag him (Hahaha) right?

Yeah, probably very little reason to actively try to bring him back. Is there a way to offer him a league minimum contract next year with an invitation to training camp like there is in baseball? If the Bears feel they need D-Line depth next year that might be an option and if I were in his shoes I'd want to try to stay in Chicago where I know the system and maybe where I'd have a chance to be productive if I could ever stay healthy. But if anyone actually wants him, then there's no way you try to outbid them.

there a way to offer him a league minimum contract next year with an invitation to training camp

I'd try something along these lines, I think the guy can play football. That said, Jerry seems to be able to find these type guys all the time. We lost Tank, no problem. So, maybe they just pay him this season's money and see what happens in terms of his rehab. Offer him a one year if it looks like he'll be healthy.

Damn, it bums me out about this guy. First time I saw him at camp I thought he'd be a monster in there.

I'd try something along these lines, I think the guy can play football. That said, Jerry seems to be able to find these type guys all the time. We lost Tank, no problem. So, maybe they just pay him this season's money and see what happens in terms of his rehab. Offer him a one year if it looks like he'll be healthy.

Damn, it bums me out about this guy. First time I saw him at camp I thought he'd be a monster in there.

Also, it sort of depends on what we get out of these guys this season. If Harris returns to being a beast, Adams and the others clog up the middle, and that guy the Bears drafted steps in effectively, then there'll be very little reason to keep him at all.

I just feel it's time to move on.

He's looked good at times and looked bad at times.

But, for the most part, he's looked injured most the time.

Good luck Dusty...

Also, it sort of depends on what we get out of these guys this season. If Harris returns to being a beast, Adams and the others clog up the middle, and that guy the Bears drafted steps in effectively, then there'll be very little reason to keep him at all.

I just feel it's time to move on.

He's looked good at times and looked bad at times.

But, for the most part, he's looked injured most the time.

Good luck Dusty...

I would like to see how Jarron Gilbert comes along during the season before making a decision on Dusty. Unfortunately I do believe he is gone.

It's too many injuries in too few seasons. No matter how you feel about him as a player or as a person it's impossible to look at him and feel like you can count on him. For whatever reason injuries are like that for some guys. I think it's best for the team and him to part company. At best he was going to be #2 and more likely #3 NT so give another young guy a shot. Toeina has done some good things for us in the past so I say it's time to open the door for him.

It's too many injuries in too few seasons. No matter how you feel about him as a player or as a person it's impossible to look at him and feel like you can count on him. For whatever reason injuries are like that for some guys. I think it's best for the team and him to part company. At best he was going to be #2 and more likely #3 NT so give another young guy a shot. Toeina has done some good things for us in the past so I say it's time to open the door for him.

Agreed. If he had some special talent, I would re-consider, but he has proven to be average. Time to call it over.