Looks like we are gonna give Hood a try

azbearsfan

saw this on rotoworld :

"The Bears are expected to sign free agent CB Roderick Hood to a one-year contract by as soon as Tuesday.

The Browns gave up on Hood surprisingly quickly, but he'll be able to help cornerback-needy Chicago. Hood's been on the Bears' radar since late May.

Source: Chicago Tribune "

If we sign Hood that means Hamilton and McBride,and maybe Vasher might be cut

Uh oh. I'm not a huge Rod Hood fan as he was apart of the problem that Arizona had in letting WR's get behind their defense last year. Also, Hood not being able to make it with Cleveland tells me something.

Also, uh oh for the fact that this might mean Bowman could be hurt worse then we thought.

If I had to guess, I'd guess Hamilton will be the odd-man out.

Uh oh. I'm not a huge Rod Hood fan as he was apart of the problem that Arizona had in letting WR's get behind their defense last year. Also, Hood not being able to make it with Cleveland tells me something.

Also, uh oh for the fact that this might mean Bowman could be hurt worse then we thought.

If I had to guess, I'd guess Hamilton will be the odd-man out.

Or it could be because tillman stated that he wasn't sure if would be ready for green bay or not.

Or it could be because tillman stated that he wasn't sure if would be ready for green bay or not.

I believe Tillman is the one hurt worse than we've been told. Shoulder injuries, back spasms, eeesh, I'm just afraid he's got some kind of issue with his neck. Hood certainly can't be any worse than Vasher or McBride so I'm all agog over the guy.

Yeah, I think it's probably because either Tillman or Bowman is further out than the team thought. I'm sure they don't want to go into the season with Vasher/McBride starting. We saw how that went in Denver. Hood's not great, but he's better than either of those two.

I think with Tillman we're looking at two options:

1. He's 100% ready to go and we play him on week #1

2. We PUP him for 6 weeks.

Our team typically looks at the "big picture" of things, and we need Peanut for the long-haul.

McBride's missed tackles cost him his job. Not to mention he's short and slow. Hamilton sucks. Meanwhile, D.J. Moore has failed to impress.

McBride's missed tackles cost him his job. Not to mention he's short and slow. Hamilton sucks. Meanwhile, D.J. Moore has failed to impress.

Definitely agree on the first two. D.J. Moore hasn't done much yet, but I might keep him around just to see if he pans out. McBride and Hamilton definitely need to go. Once everybody gets healthy, Tillman-Bowman-Graham-Vasher-Moore wouldn't be a bad depth chart.

I'd much rather have Hood than McBride. We'll lose a bit on special teams coverage but maybe this is why McClover was brought back? Hood is more physical than McBride and can make some good plays. He's also inconsistent and makes some bad plays. As opposed to McBride who doesn't make any plays that's an upgrade.