Favres Crackback block

flea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0w2mMJOmaw

ANY other player would be getting ripped alive by the commentators for that favre gets away with it, sickening. Yeah they said it was a dangerous & not cool . NOT COOl!! Come on rip into him properly

The play is as bad as when he gave away the sack record to his buddy, funny not a lot was said about that either

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0w2mMJOmaw

ANY other player would be getting ripped alive by the commentators for that favre gets away with it, sickening. Yeah they said it was a dangerous & not cool . NOT COOl!! Come on rip into him properly

The play is as bad as when he gave away the sack record to his buddy, funny not a lot was said about that either

He should be fined.

What the announcers said was probably appropriate, to go much beyond that would be ridiculous. He made a clearly unintentional mistake, and he says so too. That other guy hits Favre almost as much as Favre hit him...and Favre's initial contact was just above the right knee so it technically might not even be illegal. QB's are taught to be wimps in terms of contact, Favre just didn't want to absorb (or deliver) a big blow. In fact if you look closely, Favre's block was aimed nearly at the guy's stomach initially, but Favre is a QB, not a blocker, who had his back turned halfway through the block, resulting in him misjudging how far he'd fall before being contacted by the other guy. There was no way for him to know that guy would stick his left leg underneath Favre just before Favre fell on it. Otherwise, blocks almost that low are common, especially by runningbacks.

Now that I think about it more, can anyone tell me why that guy was pursuing so slowly if he didn't know Favre was there and was responsible for outside contain? I might go so far as to say that Favre's block should have been just fine, but that other guy oddly decided to never pick up the pace, causing Favre's timing to be too early.

Ultimately, you play a game like football, sometimes things are going to happen, even when the players aren't dirty...and many of them are.

What the announcers said was probably appropriate, to go much beyond that would be ridiculous. He made a clearly unintentional mistake, and he says so too. That other guy hits Favre almost as much as Favre hit him...and Favre's initial contact was just above the right knee so it technically might not even be illegal. QB's are taught to be wimps in terms of contact, Favre just didn't want to absorb (or deliver) a big blow. In fact if you look closely, Favre's block was aimed nearly at the guy's stomach initially, but Favre is a QB, not a blocker, who had his back turned halfway through the block, resulting in him misjudging how far he'd fall before being contacted by the other guy. There was no way for him to know that guy would stick his left leg underneath Favre just before Favre fell on it. Otherwise, blocks almost that low are common, especially by runningbacks.

Now that I think about it more, can anyone tell me why that guy was pursuing so slowly if he didn't know Favre was there and was responsible for outside contain? I might go so far as to say that Favre's block should have been just fine, but that other guy oddly decided to never pick up the pace, causing Favre's timing to be too early.

Ultimately, you play a game like football, sometimes things are going to happen, even when the players aren't dirty...and many of them are.

I could by your statement except for the fact that this isn't the first time Favre has done this. He absolutely enjoys going out there and throwing blocks and there almost always low.

What the announcers said was probably appropriate, to go much beyond that would be ridiculous. He made a clearly unintentional mistake, and he says so too. That other guy hits Favre almost as much as Favre hit him...and Favre's initial contact was just above the right knee so it technically might not even be illegal.

So if you're out there, Favre gets a pass and you don't even flag him. The refs were wrong to flag him because Favre also got hit and according to what you saw on the play, it was above the knee? I'm just trying to understand your point completely.

QB's are taught to be wimps in terms of contact, Favre just didn't want to absorb (or deliver) a big blow. In fact if you look closely, Favre's block was aimed nearly at the guy's stomach initially, but Favre is a QB, not a blocker, who had his back turned halfway through the block, resulting in him misjudging how far he'd fall before being contacted by the other guy. There was no way for him to know that guy would stick his left leg underneath Favre just before Favre fell on it. Otherwise, blocks almost that low are common, especially by runningbacks.

So, it's actually the guy's fault, not Favre? How dare he run a tad slowly for your liking? I guess there ought to be a section in the rulebook specially designed for Favre that says, essentially, he can do whatever he likes, even if it injures someone else? He is, after all, godlike.

Hence why there are rules and why Favre was flagged for his illegal block.

Played corner when crackbacks were legal,I would line up on him when they run it again and knock him into next week with a left forearm to his head.In the old days though it was legal we all had an understanding.I've read you guys for years but never post but this Favre thing really pisses me off as stated you can ruin a guys career,totally gutless move.

You have got to be kidding right? Why couldn't he (Favre) just stand there and delay Wilson's response? You yourself stated that Wilson was slow in his pursuit so all Favre had to do was get in the way. He instead went right for the knees. This is just plain cheap and inexcusable. Especially from a 14(?) year veteran and one who claimed to have a cracked rib. What a major turd he has become.

Remember boys and girls, it's below the waist, not below the knees.

Here'sthe link to the rule on crackbacks.

Ignoring that fact, it's chicken-shit for him to go low on a guy who is clearly not looking at him, and slowly drifting towards him. If Favre would have just dipped a shoulder he would have destroyed the defensive player and gotten all sorts of credit from ESPN...like Hines Ward does.

Total bullshit and I'd be fining him big time. For a veteran player to do a cheapshot like this during a preseason game is really messed up. If I were on that D I'd have been taking a penalty for a late hit on Favre to makeup for it. A message needs to be sent around the league on this because a lot of teams are going to line up in wildcat formations. Not to mention all the Crowton WR screens we see.

It's total BS to allude to that fact that this cheapshot block was the tacklers fault for moving too slowly.

This is the part that really hacks me off, especially if I were a Texans fan. While there are many levels of authority, on some level players have to police each other. In baseball, you throw at my stars head, guess what will happen in the next inning. I (as the pitcher) may get tossed, but you can rest assured I will accept that.

To me, this is even worse as this is a preseason game. If I am on the Texans defense, I take the attitude, who cares if we win or lose this game. If we get 10 roughing the passer penalties, and give up 15 yards ten times, so what. Who cares. This is not a real game, and we can affort to take as many penalties as we want. What we can't afford is for the opposing to team do what Favre did. Thus, Favre would have a target on his back that would not go away just because the whistle blows.

Total bullshit and I'd be fining him big time. For a veteran player to do a cheapshot like this during a preseason game is really messed up. If I were on that D I'd have been taking a penalty for a late hit on Favre to makeup for it. A message needs to be sent around the league on this because a lot of teams are going to line up in wildcat formations. Not to mention all the Crowton WR screens we see.

This is the part that really hacks me off, especially if I were a Texans fan. While there are many levels of authority, on some level players have to police each other. In baseball, you throw at my stars head, guess what will happen in the next inning. I (as the pitcher) may get tossed, but you can rest assured I will accept that.

To me, this is even worse as this is a preseason game. If I am on the Texans defense, I take the attitude, who cares if we win or lose this game. If we get 10 roughing the passer penalties, and give up 15 yards ten times, so what. Who cares. This is not a real game, and we can affort to take as many penalties as we want. What we can't afford is for the opposing to team do what Favre did. Thus, Favre would have a target on his back that would not go away just because the whistle blows.

People say that the player was moving very slowly. Well in deed the player was and I doubt if he could have gotten to the player with the ball anyways. If this is true then tell me why Favre turned back towards the guy and was looking and doing that the entire time. He went out of his way to do. I would be all for suspending him and finiing him. But I think it will hurt Favre more to just be fined cuz you know all the other teams have seen this and will be willing to try and knock him out. The problem is the QB's and SOOO protected now by the ref's it will be tough to get away with anything during the regular season.