Two receivers available for trade?

defiantgiant

According to Rotoworld, the Jets are inquiring about Brandon Marshall and the Eagles are shopping Reggie Brown. Denver is making it sound like Marshall's not really available (read: they're trying to drive up their price) but I'm not sure we'd want a guy like that anyway. Denver probably wants a 1st and then some, and Marshall's not worth that much risk.

On the other hand, as much as I like our young receivers, I could see trading a 4th or something for Reggie Brown. Before the emergence of DeSean Jackson last season, Brown was a decently big part of Philly's offense. He had 61 catches for 780 yards and 4 TDs in 2007. In 2006, he grabbed 46 for 816 yards and 8 scores. He's got decent size at 6'1" 197, and he'd be an experienced upgrade over Rideau or Aromashodu.

I think Olsen's going to be our centerpiece in the passing game this season, regardless, but Brown might offer something as a complementary receiver. A depth chart of Hester-Bennett-Brown-Knox-Iglesias would look pretty good to me. What do you guys think?

According to Rotoworld, the Jets are inquiring about Brandon Marshall and the Eagles are shopping Reggie Brown. Denver is making it sound like Marshall's not really available (read: they're trying to drive up their price) but I'm not sure we'd want a guy like that anyway. Denver probably wants a 1st and then some, and Marshall's not worth that much risk.

On the other hand, as much as I like our young receivers, I could see trading a 4th or something for Reggie Brown. Before the emergence of DeSean Jackson last season, Brown was a decently big part of Philly's offense. He had 61 catches for 780 yards and 4 TDs in 2007. In 2006, he grabbed 46 for 816 yards and 8 scores. He's got decent size at 6'1" 197, and he'd be an experienced upgrade over Rideau or Aromashodu.

I think Olsen's going to be our centerpiece in the passing game this season, regardless, but Brown might offer something as a complementary receiver. A depth chart of Hester-Bennett-Brown-Knox-Iglesias would look pretty good to me. What do you guys think?

I wouldn't mind going after Reggie Brown but definitely not Marshall.

I wouldn't mind going after Reggie Brown but definitely not Marshall.

IMHO Marshall wants to come here to the Bears!!!! Why else would he be doing what he's doing. He saw what happened to Cutler and is doing the same just to get out of Denver to try to get back with the best QB he has ever had.

IMHO Marshall wants to come here to the Bears!!!! Why else would he be doing what he's doing. He saw what happened to Cutler and is doing the same just to get out of Denver to try to get back with the best QB he has ever had.

I highly doubt that that's the case. He wants a new contract, whether it's with Cutler, Sanchez, or Stafford. If he can't stay out of trouble in Denver, how would he stay out of trouble in a bigger city like Chicago or New York. I love Sanchez but let him go screw that franchise, not the one I live and die with (Bears).

I highly doubt that that's the case. He wants a new contract, whether it's with Cutler, Sanchez, or Stafford. If he can't stay out of trouble in Denver, how would he stay out of trouble in a bigger city like Chicago or New York. I love Sanchez but let him go screw that franchise, not the one I live and die with (Bears).

Yes you maybe right,but look at Benson with the Bengals....haven't heard much out of him trouble wise or Williams(pot head) with the Fins. He could work if Cutler gets in his face alond with lovie and the rest of the crew.