Is it safe to say

Wesson44

Is it safe to say that with the addition of Hood that maybe Burgess,Turenne, McBride, Deleston, Moore and Bullocks are all cut next week with Tillman going on the PUP list?

Writen by Biggs at Suntimes:

Defensive backs (10): Charles Tillman, Zack Bowman, Danieal Manning, Kevin Payne, Nathan Vasher, D.J. Moore, Corey Graham, Rod Hood, Al Afalava, Craig Steltz.

Hood is no guarantee to make the roster, but he will be an upgrade over Trumaine McBride. Steltz has taken quite a dip since the offseason program ended, but he can help out on special teams and will know where to line up if needed in a pinch. Cornerback Woodny Turenne did not play last week at Denver, and that might be because the Bears want him to fly under the radar, right onto their practice squad.

Writen by Biggs at Suntimes:

Defensive backs (10): Charles Tillman, Zack Bowman, Danieal Manning, Kevin Payne, Nathan Vasher, D.J. Moore, Corey Graham, Rod Hood, Al Afalava, Craig Steltz.

Hood is no guarantee to make the roster, but he will be an upgrade over Trumaine McBride. Steltz has taken quite a dip since the offseason program ended, but he can help out on special teams and will know where to line up if needed in a pinch. Cornerback Woodny Turenne did not play last week at Denver, and that might be because the Bears want him to fly under the radar, right onto their practice squad.

Hood means McBride is most likely gone. I think Moore makes the team because of his draft status. I agree they are gunning to get Turenne on the practice squad.

Peace :dabears

Hood makes the team, McBride cut and replaced by DJ Moore at the bottom of the CB depth chart. The Bears give Moore one year to learn how to be a pro. I'd like to see Turrene on the practice squad.

Maybe you didn't see Hood last night. HE SUCKED!!!!!!! This guy can't cover, he's worse at tackling, oh, then maybe he will work with the Lovie Smith bears. Yeeesh, talk about a waste of time.

I would still take Hood on this team over McBride. He would just be depth and special teams. My depth chart at corner would be:

Tillman

Graham

Bowman

Vasher

Hood

Moore

Taking Hood over McBride is like choosing the clap over syphillis. Either way it's bad, really really bad. Cut em both and pick up some new blood. We've got a week till GB. I think we could find better and get them in here ASAP. If we are forced to go with these two in ANY situation, we are screwed.

Taking Hood over McBride is like choosing the clap over syphillis. Either way it's bad, really really bad. Cut em both and pick up some new blood. We've got a week till GB. I think we could find better and get them in here ASAP. If we are forced to go with these two in ANY situation, we are screwed.

Was he really that bad dude? :) I missed most of the game so I'm really just asking. He's been with the team for a few days so maybe it's just a learning thing. Although, if he was missing tackles that shouldn't happen.

Was he really that bad dude? :) I missed most of the game so I'm really just asking. He's been with the team for a few days so maybe it's just a learning thing. Although, if he was missing tackles that shouldn't happen.

Hood wasn't bad last night. Through three quarters he was leading the team in tackles. He was better than McBride.

Only got to see some of the game. While I am not going to question Hood over McBride, who has really fallen from grace, is noting tackles by a DB really such a great measure. If your CB makes a tackle, that means he was also allowing a catch. Sure, some could come in run support, but if your CB is leading the team in tackles, to me, that is a bad thing. That means that CB was getting picked on. Maybe he was a sure tackler, but I sure would rather have a DB that prevents the catch.

I think he makes the team, but just question how well he played, especially if we are basing his performance on tackles.

Hood wasn't bad last night. Through three quarters he was leading the team in tackles. He was better than McBride.

Maybe you didn't see Hood last night. HE SUCKED!!!!!!! This guy can't cover, he's worse at tackling, oh, then maybe he will work with the Lovie Smith bears. Yeeesh, talk about a waste of time.

Hood definitely sucked last night, if you're talking about a starting CB. He missed several tackles and blew at least one coverage that I saw. However, he's still a major upgrade over Trumaine McBride. McBride missed or slid off every tackle that I saw him attempt. I didn't count ONE TIME in the Browns game when he actually wrapped a guy up and brought him down. Even if it means replacing him with Hood, McBride's got to go.

On another note: am I the only one who thought that D.J. Moore showed some signs of life in that game? He broke up two passes that I saw, both of which could have been interceptions. He also had a nice-looking TFL when he came on a blitz. I hope the Bears keep him on the roster and let him grow up a little; he seems like he's got some talent, and I doubt he'd clear waivers.

Hood definitely sucked last night, if you're talking about a starting CB. He missed several tackles and blew at least one coverage that I saw. However, he's still a major upgrade over Trumaine McBride. McBride missed or slid off every tackle that I saw him attempt. I didn't count ONE TIME in the Browns game when he actually wrapped a guy up and brought him down. Even if it means replacing him with Hood, McBride's got to go.

On another note: am I the only one who thought that D.J. Moore showed some signs of life in that game? He broke up two passes that I saw, both of which could have been interceptions. He also had a nice-looking TFL when he came on a blitz. I hope the Bears keep him on the roster and let him grow up a little; he seems like he's got some talent, and I doubt he'd clear waivers.

Well he was better than McBride has been especially with the tackles.

As far as Moore is concerned, I never thought he was as bad as everyone made him out to be. He made a couple of plays like that in the first two games. He definitly needs work but has shown some playmaking ability.

Only got to see some of the game. While I am not going to question Hood over McBride, who has really fallen from grace, is noting tackles by a DB really such a great measure. If your CB makes a tackle, that means he was also allowing a catch. Sure, some could come in run support, but if your CB is leading the team in tackles, to me, that is a bad thing. That means that CB was getting picked on. Maybe he was a sure tackler, but I sure would rather have a DB that prevents the catch.

I think he makes the team, but just question how well he played, especially if we are basing his performance on tackles.

Man, some of you guys act like there are these All Stars just waiting to be picked up. Let's take it for what it is. He was brought in for something better than McBride as a 4th or 5th option once everyone is healthy. He has been here for three days.

I'd rather have a DB that can tackle than misses then. From watching the game, he looked decent tackling, he was physical in run support which is an upgrade from McBride, IMO. It is what it is.

Also, when healthy, Tillman is always one of the leaders in tackles on the team. The past four years he has been at least in the top 5, last year he tied for second with Url.

Man, some of you guys act like there are these All Stars just waiting to be picked up. Let's take it for what it is. He was brought in for something better than McBride as a 4th or 5th option once everyone is healthy. He has been here for three days.

I'd rather have a DB that can tackle than misses then. From watching the game, he looked decent tackling, he was physical in run support which is an upgrade from McBride, IMO. It is what it is.

Also, when healthy, Tillman is always one of the leaders in tackles on the team. The past four years he has been at least in the top 5, last year he tied for second with Url.

What freakin game were you watching? He wasn't decent tackling and he looked HORRID in run support. We'll address why Tillman makes so many damned tackles in another thread but that is not a good thing when a CB makes as many tackles as Tillman does. It usually means he's getting picked on but i digress. We'll stick to the fact that Hood stinks and we should start all over looking for another CB. Being better than McBride is hardly a badge of honor.

What freakin game were you watching? He wasn't decent tackling and he looked HORRID in run support. We'll address why Tillman makes so many damned tackles in another thread but that is not a good thing when a CB makes as many tackles as Tillman does. It usually means he's getting picked on but i digress. We'll stick to the fact that Hood stinks and we should start all over looking for another CB. Being better than McBride is hardly a badge of honor.

Not very easy to find upgrades at this time. I think Hood is fine as a 4th or 5th CB. Remember, he had 1 day of practice with the team.

I'm not really sure why you are getting so worked about a guy (Hood) who hasn't been on the team for a week yet. By your reaction and accompnying reasoning, I would think Cutler wouldn't have made the team based on the first game in Buffalo. But then again a few were already predicting the Apocolypse after that game.

The fact is, Hood is a pretty good (not awesome) veteran. He has been to two Super Bowls and knows the position. And like a few others here have pointed out, where and who else are these pro bowl CB's that you expect to pick up? Give the guy a chance at least another week or two before writing him off.

I'm not really sure why you are getting so worked about a guy (Hood) who hasn't been on the team for a week yet. By your reaction and accompnying reasoning, I would think Cutler wouldn't have made the team based on the first game in Buffalo. But then again a few were already predicting the Apocolypse after that game.

The fact is, Hood is a pretty good (not awesome) veteran. He has been to two Super Bowls and knows the position. And like a few others here have pointed out, where and who else are these pro bowl CB's that you expect to pick up? Give the guy a chance at least another week or two before writing him off.

/\ +1

I'll be eagerly awaiting your analysis on where we find all these awesome CB's right now.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see the game but it's apparent he did suck. Since he knew all those WR and that offense he should have played well. If you can't get it right after practicing against them for 4 weeks when will you get it right?

Unfortunately I didn't get to see the game but it's apparent he did suck. Since he knew all those WR and that offense he should have played well. If you can't get it right after practicing against them for 4 weeks when will you get it right?

Who are you talking about? If it was Hood, he was only there for a few days...not weeks. At any rate, I for one am disappointed in Hood leaving. I think he could of been a strong contributer. Best of luck to him.

Who are you talking about? If it was Hood, he was only there for a few days...not weeks. At any rate, I for one am disappointed in Hood leaving. I think he could of been a strong contributer. Best of luck to him.

I got what AZ54 and others are saying. They were playing basic D against receivers he knew well and he couldn't cover or tackle them well. Football is football and sucking is sucking, I get that.