Is AP gone after this game?

GrizzlyBear

Hearing a whole bunch that the reason AP got so much show time in the Denver game was the coaches wanting him to audition for other teams. His Special teams play has diminished over time and Mcglover signing points that maybe just maybe AP is history , what ya think?

The move would not surprise me. AP has consistently done his job, but we have 3 guys that the staff seems to like at RB, and, as you pointed out, we have a passle of players that are showing skills on STs. He's good in the lockerroom, but we know that coaches like to go with youth. Would be sad to see him go.

One of the beat reporters on ESPN 1000, said that some of the guys went to Lovie after the Denver game and told him that they had to keep AP. Then he said that today some of the "Heavy Hitter" (Most important Bears) went up to Lovie again and told him they had to find a way to keep AP.

That has to say a lot about how much AP means to the locker room, it also says that AP is/was on the bubble.

Nice to know...

He should stay I think.

One of the beat reporters on ESPN 1000, said that some of the guys went to Lovie after the Denver game and told him that they had to keep AP. Then he said that today some of the "Heavy Hitter" (Most important Bears) went up to Lovie again and told him they had to find a way to keep AP.

That has to say a lot about how much AP means to the locker room, it also says that AP is/was on the bubble.

While I'm a fan of AP I've also been stating that his time with the Bears is over. All the Wolfe bashers are always saying how he doesn't bring anything to the table, nothing more than AP. I'm waiting for the end of the preseason to put together a post to compare their stats. If someone doesn't beat me to it I'll do it this weekend. Based on what I've seen in each game I think the stats for Wolfe have been either better or comparable to AP but I want to see it all together to compare. I know this, Wolfe has more KR yards than AP.

While I'm a fan of AP I've also been stating that his time with the Bears is over. All the Wolfe bashers are always saying how he doesn't bring anything to the table, nothing more than AP. I'm waiting for the end of the preseason to put together a post to compare their stats. If someone doesn't beat me to it I'll do it this weekend. Based on what I've seen in each game I think the stats for Wolfe have been either better or comparable to AP but I want to see it all together to compare. I know this, Wolfe has more KR yards than AP.

Yes but AP looks like he has the CBM (chicago bears mafia) looking out for him, like they did with Tommy Jones, Alex Brown, etc.

Personally, the thing AP brought to the table was his special teams skills. Those have diminished and Wolfe has passed him there.

AP 40-162 yds, 4.0 Avg, 1 TD, 3-25 Rec, 1 Tackle

GW 13-65 yds, 5.0 Avg, 0 TD, 6-53 Rec, 4 Tackles, 2-30 KR

Thanks. It won't be long before someone posts that AP is a better pass blocker. Wolfe is a far better special teams tackler and can return kicks. He's also more capable of providing big plays. I think he sticks as our #3 RB.