Leonard Pope Cut by cards

GrizzlyBear

Guest TerraTor
What a surprise. I was hoping the Bears picked this guy back when he was in the draft. I figured he would be a stud, But like most things he was complete failure.

Dang i remember alot of us were in love with that dude, including myself. All those TEs that year are a joke. Marcedes, Vernon Davis, Pope.

I, too, loved this guy coming out of college. But it's like I've said before, this is all situtational.

Leonard Pope - Goes to a team that hardly uses the TE because they have two all-pro WRs, and the next option is a good WR.

Vernon Davis - Goes to an absolutely putrid team with a horrible QB situation. Add that to the fact the his new coach is a strict disciplinarian, and Davis is, evidently, mentall frail.

Marcedes Lewis - Goes to a team that believes running is the best option on offense, and the second best option. With a pure game manager at QB, and average to bad WRs to protect the passing game, there is no reason to feel threatened by the tight end.

Put any of those three guys on the Bears and they would have been used significantly more.

I, too, loved this guy coming out of college. But it's like I've said before, this is all situtational.

Leonard Pope - Goes to a team that hardly uses the TE because they have two all-pro WRs, and the next option is a good WR.

Vernon Davis - Goes to an absolutely putrid team with a horrible QB situation. Add that to the fact the his new coach is a strict disciplinarian, and Davis is, evidently, mentall frail.

Marcedes Lewis - Goes to a team that believes running is the best option on offense, and the second best option. With a pure game manager at QB, and average to bad WRs to protect the passing game, there is no reason to feel threatened by the tight end.

Put any of those three guys on the Bears and they would have been used significantly more.

Yep. But Hester proved to be the better pick even if he never develops further. That one season was so special I'll die with fond memories of it all.